Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 AM
iLLcrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I already hate my Firestorm after day one lol. I got through 2 break in tanks and the throttle servo is messed up. It will only operate if I pust on the throttle arm after pulling the trigger on my radio. Now I have to wait for up to 3 weeks for a new servo (which I had to pay for).
Old 06-04-2012, 04:16 AM
N/Q HPIer

ORIGINAL: redovermind

i got an old skool rush and ijust had a crash that broke my tank. i cant seem to find a replacement for it anywere.

the pics are on page 255

does anyone have any ideas. will and rs4 tank work

thanks

Apparantly l just bought the last fuel tank for the Rush availabe in Australia , dragged my Rush out of the cubbard a week ago and the primer would not work after sitting for years , so off to the local Hobby shop and he found me one , so they are still out there , the worst part is that l enjoyed using it again so much l went and bought the latest HPI Stadium truck RTR Firestorm 10T , thats why im here trying to find out all the infomation about them .

Old 06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
speed lover

Most important thing to know about is the clutch. Get yourself a clutch with 3 shoes I got the Integy one fits right on. The original one will have the spring snap. Second thing I would do is get some decent arms heard the RPM ones are good I got the Integy ones now not tested how good they are though. But don't get the hot racing or blizzard ones the rear ones dont fit right and the axles grind on them. The original rear arms on mine would flex on landing jumps and lock the shock shaft against the shock body tight and can make the shock shafts bend. The front ones for me were just a little weak. Put some lock tite on your servo saver or CA glue because they come loose with vibration and you will loose alot of steering at speed. Maybe a good idea to put some diff oil in the diff too to stop the car pulling to one side so much on take off due to the engine being on one side. Oh and on landing jumps the muffler can make the engine bog down and you need to pump the throttle a bit to get it to pickup on landing. Watch out on damp grass you can get water in the battery box. And check every now and again the throttle arm has not slipped. That's pretty much all I've learned from owning mine before I went and built a new one. Gearbox and diff are bullit proof on these cars the plastic spur lasted about 6 months on mine maxed out on speed with a 21 tooth clutchbell 23 was too big. And standard supension is great no need to upgrade really maybe slightly longer travel on the rear would be good though. Hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcB81XcVpCs
Old 08-11-2012, 06:32 PM
drivetosurvive

just wondering if having the fuel line like this is harmful?
thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Jbare

Hi! I own an HPI Firestorm and it is great.
It has the FLUX brushless system, 2 venom batteries, battery charger, 2 painted bodies, an extra set of red beadlock Pro-Line tires, remote controller, and various other upgrades.
I am looking in selling it. I would gladly send you pictures!
Email me at: [email protected] With your questions and offers.
Thanks!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 AM
gixxerovios

Hi,

does anyone knows the dimensions for the engine bearings (Hpi G3.0 engine)? Hpi doesn't sell them separately but only with the case.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Road Warrior
My Feedback: (1)

I just did a quick search and didn't really find anything on the bearing size. Personally I would scrap it and put a 3.3 on there and call it a day.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
speed lover

You can get them seperate I got a set for the engine I had in mine there is a rear bearing on that famous auction site for the .18SS engine pretty sure it is the same engine as the G3.0 just has the holes in the bottom of the crankcase for direct mounting to the chassis you would have to check the part number though. Get the bearing size m8 because you can buy them alot cheaper than HPI will supply them for.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
*boy*racer*

[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ru7cwwyjx/20121213_231546.jpg]

is this thread still alive?

I would like to share a pic of my Firestorm and see what u guys think.
I am ordering a new shell tomorrow for £21. Is that a normal price?

Hope to hear something back

Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 AM
drunkenjustin

hey guys, i havent posted in a while, brought out the storm a couple days ago, after popping a clutch last year and replacing it with a weaker 2 shoe spring, brought it out a few days ago and picked up a new igniter, and fired it up, to find out that the clutch i put in last season was too poo to actually run it, so i brought it in and put a 3 shoe off of a .25 on it, put it all back together, and brought it back outside to fire it up and let it warm up to tune it, and no fire, it's been this way for about 2-3 days, and i've got blisters... havent really done anything other than pressurise the fuel to the carb, put a few drops down the head and try to fire it, and got nowhere but hydrolock land.. so i took the plug out and let it sit for a couple days, recharging my ignitor now. but any input on what i should try?
Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM
spool1387

Had a very simular issue, still not quite sure what ended up making the difference, but i changed my plug replaced fuel lines and set all h.s.n back to stock and worked from there. dont know if this will help any but thats where i started.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 AM
rcbence

Hi guys. First im not new to nitro and tuning. Although i need help with this little guy. Just got the firestorm. Broke her in nicely and slowly all while making sure temps are atleast 190. So i ordered a case of werks racing fuel because of all the good reviews on it. I also have a savage 4.6 that even with traxas fuel 20% ive figured out how to tune. That engine didnt really like the fuel. Just too much bog when tuned right. Tuned for good crisp accel and top end it would slowly get hotter and hotter till it loses power from getting too hot. At that point i richen it 1/4 and its good to go. But when cold start i have to lean it about a 1/4 because it simply wont move or warm up. Then i richen it back up to where its safe and performance suffers a bit. Anyways all symptoms of too much oil, havent had a chance to run werks through the savage.

Onto the firestorm. With the hs needle flush i do some full speed runs in short grass and dirt mix. Once up to temp if i give her full throttle for more than 1.5 seconds or so it leans out and bogs. Didnt like that. I went over a 1/2 turn richer on hs needle from flush and at full throttle i cant get it to be consistant. It leans out again just a hair longer with the richer setting. 1/8 of a turn in from flush on hs needle and before it hits top speed it lean bogs. It shouldnt be doing this. i can run it 1 turn out from flush although my idle suffers and take off suffers just a bit,,,,,,, it still leans out just takes 2 seconds or so wot. Its all new. All stock. Tried different glow plugs. Tried traxxas fuel 20%. Still does it with that fuel just not quite as fast probably because the extra oil in the fuel.
My exhaust line is hooked up and all. I notice it doesnt have a nipple, it just goes into the exhaust hole. It always goes right down to idle. I have the 3 shoe clutch installed before even firing it up because i did my research. Tell me this is not normal please.... lol. I highly doubt its the werks fuel or any fuel. i tried hot os plug, medium oddonell plug, i dont think its the plug. Its got 3 stock head shims and all. Its not acting like an air leak to me, its like it doesnt have pressure to keep the h/s setting true. I know you shouldnt run these wot for prolonged times, but at flush setting and werks fuel, it leans out before it hits top speed once warmed up. The ls needle is a bit tricky too. Help me out on that too if possible. How far in from flush are you finding yourself on the lsn? I know it varies, i get that. Thanks again. great little truck, but on my savage i can turn the hsn rich enough untill it 4 strokes, i cant even do that with this thing unless the hsn is turned like a turn or more out. Even then it doesnt really 4 stroke. Once again ive had a few glow trucks in the past and never expirenced this with them.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:48 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what 3 shoe clutch do you have?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:16 PM
rcbence

savage 3 shoe kit with flywheel and collet. 1.0 springs cause to me .7 is too soft. clutch is working good to me. ill start tinkering with it i guess. check tank etc etc but anyone have this problem before?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:19 PM
rcbence

with the help of google i found a couple people have the same problem. No one answered either. maybe i can get it to work with 1 turn richer thanflush and then lean the crap out the lsn. then the tanks done on like 5 mins. Stock setting should always be a bit rich id think. not sure what to think of this engine.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:01 PM
nitro-rob

The G3 engine should be running in from flush on both needles and not be anywhere near where you are describing.  If you have the right plug, good fuel and there is proper fuel pressure then it has to be an air leak.  

What temperatures do you get when its running at lower speeds/idle? Are you sure its leaning when it stalls or its just not pig rich and bogging when you go off of the low speed needle to the high speed needle?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
soccerdude28

Hey guys,

First time posting and I am fairly new to the whole Nitro scene.

I have had my hpi firestorm for a couple years but starting enjoying it most this year.

I have added a bumper and replaced a few pieces, however, I would like to further mod this little truck.

Since day 1 I have wanted to add some bigger tires on this truck.

Specifically I was looking at putting some Proline 2.8" tires.

What modifications would I have to do to the gearing to not put as much stress on the little 2 stroke engine that could??

I was thinking about putting the integy 3 shoe clutch when they get it back in stock and a 21t vented clutch bell.

Anything else??

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:53 PM
nitro-rob

Hey, you are just down the road from me.  I haven't been on this thread for a while and I sold my storm.  In fact, I now have a JATO.  But I can help you.  The 2.8inch wheels will have about the same diameter so you don't have to change much.  The size refers to the  rim diameter, not the outer tire diameter.  A 21t is about the biggest pinion I would go with for the stock tire diameter.  You will need traxxas hubs for those tires or SCTE hubs.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM
4tec_buoy

Default HPi firestorm slightly mod

Hey guys, what you think about my friend firestorm ? I think the mods are pretty neat !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2805.JPG
Views:	996
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1910374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2806.JPG
Views:	879
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1910375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2807.JPG
Views:	701
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	1910376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2809.JPG
Views:	955
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1910377   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	1910378  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
nitro-rob

Interesting adaptation of the storm. I bet its hell on driveline parts but is fast as hell.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:00 PM
4tec_buoy

haha yes, the first time he tried it, the (plastic) spur gear melted in like 2 min !
Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 PM
nitro-rob

Got any video of it running? I miss my storm. Its been gone for a year now.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:42 PM
d3d5

Its been a real long time since I been on here. After a few years I got my firestorm back together. I need a new engine and either wanted to go os .18tz or big block. Only problem is I can't find the big block kit from new era anywhere on there website along with anything else for the firestorm. Anyone know if they still make it or where to find it?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 AM
d3d5

Nobody knows?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Rclb4x4

Firestorm with a .28 thunder tiger. Gearing is 46/21. Very surprised...thought maybe 50.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.