Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6208 SB Receiver-No Data Log ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:41 AM
ajay1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6208 SB Receiver-No Data Log ?

I have just bought 2 nos: Futaba 6208 SB Receivers for use with my 14 MZ Transmitter-Earlier I was using Spektrum AR 9300 Rx with a Spektrum Transmitter Module for the 14 MZ
and just by simply connecting a 12$ Data Logger to the Data Port in the Spektrum Receiver I could display the number of Antennae FadesFrame Losses and Holds after landing the model.
Now with the new Futaba 6208 Receiver I cannot get any of this.
I fly Giant Scale 40% size Models and I dont want to fly blindDoes anyone know how this can be done with Futaba.
Ajay.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 6208 SB Receiver-No Data Log ?

Futaba does not use such a thing. It's not necessary with the security of Futaba's transmission system.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM
ajay1

My other friends flying with 6208 SB receivers at the very same flying field have also experienced radio transmission glitches and going into Hold for some secondsThis is not much different to Spektrum.
Only, by using a data logger one is exactly aware like an Insurance-Models cost 15,000 to 25,000 $ each plus the effort and painstaking months in time required to trim/flight set up.
I have flown with a 2 receiver Spektrum system for 3 years and logged the FadesFrame LossHolds of every flight. Against the normal Fades of 80 to 170 in one flight I recorded 640 Fades.On checking I found that the Connecting Plug of my Ignition was partially loose and emitting a huge RF interferranceFixing this back firmly got my Fades back to normal.Not having a pre-warning could have proved disastrous.
Ajay.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
ajay1

Info of Fades / Frame Loss guides in selecting the most optimum location to fix the Receiver-Without this it is difficult to move the Rx around and select the best position.
Ajay.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As thousands have discovered, you will get flawless operation if your receiver is installed per the recommended method found in the instruction manual. "Optimum" location of the receiver is where the two antennas can be installed at 90-degrees to each other while being as far as possible from ignition leads, servos, servo leads, other electronic equipment in the model, and able to "see" the transmitter regardless of the model's orientation in the air.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bax

Futaba does not use such a thing. It's not necessary with the security of Futaba's transmission system.
I know both futaba and Jr are great systems, but electronics can always have its share of problems. The added security that the logger provides is great. Great flyers like David Shulman also had problems using futaba 2.4 at JP last year. He lost one jet and almost lost the 2nd one too. If he had a logger at least he would know what went wrong with the 2nd jet after he landed it back safely.

Chatty.