Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

ORIGINAL: HarryC

Oli, I am using 2.3x but the events log frequently shows the system switching between adaptive and non-adaptive hopping. Is that the same or different to the adaptive bandwidth you are talking about from v2.5 onwards?

Harry
Hi Harry. This is different to the adaptative bandwith.

On the latest firmwares ( 2.5x and on ) the Tx module is trying to allocate more "resource" to the datalink side to allow more data to come back from the Rx. If I remember well it does this by allowing the Rx to allocating data stream to the channel words not used in the bitstream sequence.
While doing this some firmware drive the Tx to "forget" the data that was sent back from the Rx and some values are recorded as 0 ( Frame count and RSSI minimum ).

That condition was supposed to be corrected in the latest firmwares ( 2.59 ).
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
olnico

ORIGINAL: chuckstarck

Well, am I surprised. My original system 2.50 both tx and rx, the new rx that has the drop out's is 2.56
Here's a screen shot of both rx's and the same tx info

Would you fly neither receivers or use just the 2.50 matched. Or is this an issue with the tx.

Also, now with your last answer and comments, I'm to understand that Frames TX and RSSI TX are what were received by the TX from the RX. I had it the other way around.

Regarding the frames count signification, you are now right.

Regarding the firmwares, I would suggest you to upgrade your Tx to 2.59 and check if you get the same issue. The interruption of recording problem comes from the Tx firmware, not Rx.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Success at last. I managed to get through to Jens (v good English) this morning and he has agreed to analyse Roger's log files.

As some of you know I have installed and routed new cables on some transmitters, my stock is gone, hopefully more on way.

At the moment they have nil stock on :

Blue tooth tx modules, and the new 5 channel receiver.

I have also proposed to them a Weatronics seminar at Jet Power. I hope to go over onto Berlin soon and discuss any progress.

Must admit I am still flying on 2.30 . With about 11 receivers and 2 txs. in use, I just don't seem to have found the time to sit down and change everything and as it is all working perfectly no rush to change.

I have been using JR 10x and now 12X all on S pcm. zero dropouts.

Progress ??

regards,

David.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:04 AM
olnico

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

Success at last. I managed to get through to Jens (v good English) this morning and he has agreed to analyse Roger's log files.

As some of you know I have installed and routed new cables on some transmitters, my stock is gone, hopefully more on way.

At the moment they have nil stock on :

Blue tooth tx modules, and the new 5 channel receiver.

I have also proposed to them a Weatronics seminar at Jet Power. I hope to go over onto Berlin soon and discuss any progress.

Must admit I am still flying on 2.30 . With about 11 receivers and 2 txs. in use, I just don't seem to have found the time to sit down and change everything and as it is all working perfectly no rush to change.

I have been using JR 10x and now 12X all on S pcm. zero dropouts.

Progress ??

regards,

David.
A good advice David: stick to this firmware for now...
Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 AM
oistein
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: olnico

ORIGINAL: olecr

Oli.
As I said some days ago i lost my Boomerang. I tought it was the cable probleme but my friend Oistein has looked at the file and he think it maybe can be something else. Do you think you can look at the logfile and see what you think it could be?
The RX is (was) Micro 12 with firmware 2.56, TX is Futabe 14MZ

Here you find the logfile: [link=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32551076/LOG_079.NAV]Logfile[/link]
Hi Ole.
I have had a look at your log file.
Everything looks good till a sudden total lost of data feedback. The position of the model was 167 m away from you, so quite close.
Source frames stable at all times, good levels of RSSI and very good frame counts on both Rx and Tx.
Then you got a total drop of Tx datalink frames at 341 seconds and then complete drop of data.
This looks like an unrecoverable hardware failure.
Could be either Rx or battery related. You'd have to enquire in those two directions.
The data log is not a very helpful tool in that situation I am afraid.

Could you send me your config file please ?

Let us know what your findings are.
Cheers.
Oli.
hi oliver, its been a long time. hope all is well.

i was looking at this log and to me it looks like complete loss of power to the receiver. it could happened on impact and there was servo or control surface power first. I think it's important to go through everything from the crash as it certainly looks very ok until it's totally off
Old 06-13-2012, 01:11 AM
olnico

ORIGINAL: roger.alli

On the lower chart you can see that at 624 sec the RSSI for both Rx drops to nil (-136) for 1 sec and then bounces back up to -73..This is typical of these glitches.
On the top chart you can see the “Elevator Stick†and “Elevator Servo†lines. These track each other pretty close until about 623.25 sec, at this point they diverge and the Elevator Servo line goes flat for about 0.5 sec.

I believe that this indicates the Rx was really locked out for this period.

I have seen that problem quite often from the first 2.50 firmware version, analysing other users log file. But it always seemed to be a data recording issue. No real lockout.

I cannot read your files uploaded on RCU. They crash my GC 2.56 application. Could you send them over to me by email please?
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 AM
olnico

ORIGINAL: oistein

hi oliver, its been a long time. hope all is well.

i was looking at this log and to me it looks like complete loss of power to the receiver. it could happened on impact and there was servo or control surface power first. I think it's important to go through everything from the crash as it certainly looks very ok until it's totally off
Yes, I do agree with you.
Let me know when you pass by DXB.
Cheers.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:18 AM
David Gladwin

Roger,

please forward your log files to ::

[email protected]

He is expecting them and then we can publish his findings.

regards,

David.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 AM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harry

Also whilst they redo Tx software they might want to put volume control back on but as you say no EN voice so not a problem.....

Alan
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 AM
roger.alli

Good news David,

Thanks you for taking the time to help me here.. I have emailed the files to Jens Akerman and hopefully he will be able to shed some light on to my problem..

Oliver, I am happy to email these files to you. I do not have an email address for you.

Roger
Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 AM
olnico

ORIGINAL: roger.alli

Good news David,

Thanks you for taking the time to help me here.. I have emailed the files to Jens Akerman and hopefully he will be able to shed some light on to my problem..

Oliver, I am happy to email these files to you. I do not have an email address for you.

Roger
Send me a pm then I'll give you my address.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:55 PM
olecr

Hi Oli, Roger and Oistein.
Thank you, that you will help me in examining the logfile.

I think you all are right in your assessment of the logfile.
I have checked the crashed RX and the cable and see that there are no problems there now. As you said Roger, servo 2 was very active just before the crash and so was the power 5. These are the ailerons and they had fully reflected in the last seconds before the crash. This matches the experience I had when I took a split-S and did not get contact with the plane and crash ...
It appears as the servo locked up and was not responding to any signals from the transmitter.
I have checked the battery and Powerbox Sensor Switch and found nothing wrong.
I have flown 15 flights this year without any problems so this is a big mystery ..

Oli, I attach the config file and some pictures of configurasjonen.

[link=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32551076/Boomerang%20after%20crash.zip]Files[/link]
Old 06-13-2012, 03:10 PM
oistein

I have checked the crashed RX and the cable and see that there are no problems there now. As you said Roger, servo 2 was very active just before the crash and so was the power 5. These are the ailerons and they had fully reflected in the last seconds before the crash. This matches the experience I had when I took a split-S and did not get contact with the plane and crash ...
It appears as the servo locked up and was not responding to any signals from the transmitter.
I have flown 15 flights this year without any problems so this is a big mystery ..

[link=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32551076/Boomerang%20after%20crash.zip]Files[/link]
this the beauty of the system, find causes. also another guy in our club, discovered low rx voltage in flight.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ole, I took a look at your configuration and noticed that you haven't configured the RX at all, it's all stock default settings. Nothing wrong with this but, you should set your warning levels and failsafe's. Your battery and range warnings are too low to be of help to you. Your failsafes are all set to hold, you should set the ECU to at least go to idle or preferably shut the turbine down. Hope that helps a bit.

Mike
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 PM
roger.alli

this the beauty of the system, find causes. also another guy in our club, discovered low rx voltage in flight.

I Agree.. I know I am having my problems with the Wea equipment, and have not found an exact cause of my crash yet. However, the Wea system has allowed me to narrow the investigation down to a particular set of issues.

If I was using a one way system, I would still be wondering if the battery had gone flat, or a glue joint had failed..

Roger
Old 06-13-2012, 06:45 PM
chuckstarck

Here's that log file from the Seniorita, Roger is right, all servos and channels are effected at the same time. ALSO!!!, TX Status is 168-160-160-168 when this happens.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sp45210.pdf (249.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
peter.stegemann

It doesn't help much if the system is the cause and it won't get fixed.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 AM
chuckstarck

If anyone has the 2.5 firmware for the Micro's, I'd like to have it if I have to revert back after the changes to 2.59.
Let me know please.
I just did a few flights again with the 2.5 tx and the 2.5 rx. No glitches at all, 8 log files, flown in 3 different environments. Found a post by Oli from a time back, another forum mentioning mixed firmware. Sorry, never considered that as an issue but it very well may be my 8channel rx's problem as it is the only 2.59 item I have. I've ordered a link cable and will be updating the 2.5 system to 2.59 but would like to be able to revert back to 2.50 if it's not good. Also may want to revert back to 2.33 that everyone seems to like best.
Does anyone know if the hardware can go back to 2.33 if purchased in the last year, 2011?
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Teus

If anyone has the 2.5 firmware for the Micro's, I'd like to have it if I have to revert back after the changes to 2.59.

Here you go:

[link=https://rapidshare.com/files/1325077412/V250_Micro-Serie.fw]Micro V2.50 download[/link]
[link=https://rapidshare.com/files/3707296754/V250_TX-Modul.fw]DV3 TX Modul V-2.50 download[/link]
[link=https://rapidshare.com/files/2381500519/V250_TX-DV4-Modul.fw]DV4 TX Modul V-2.50 download[/link]
Old 06-17-2012, 12:57 PM
chuckstarck

Teus, Thank you very very much. I feel secure on that deal now. Now to wait for the cable and fix this mess.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:55 PM
chuckstarck

I've looked everywhere, in Gigacontrol and on the TX module and antenna. I don't know how to tell Dx3 from Dx4. Sorry to be a bother.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:10 PM
fireblade5437

DV4 has either a black or blue translucent case (Non Bluetooth or BT version) and DV3 is the earlier version with a wrap round label where the LEDs 'poke' through the label etc Also these are 12-16ch units

Both pics are DV4

Alan
Attached Images   
Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've looked everywhere, in Gigacontrol and on the TX module and antenna. I don't know how to tell Dx3 from Dx4. Sorry to be a bother.
Chuck,

In addition to what Alan has said; If you look on the Transmitter page of Giga control when the module is connected, it will tell you the module type, serial # etc.

Mike

Old 06-18-2012, 03:03 AM
David Gladwin

Tried to call Germany this morning, tel and fax numbers unobtainable. I see they have a comment on their German language page that they are having telefonleitung ( problems) with their phone line.

Did manage to get through this PM.

The problem was that after 6 perfect flights yesterday on returning home the RX wouldn't switch on. Changed switch, eventually got it on by direct connection of batts.with switch removed. Then got it on with new switch after which it would not switch off. Jens suggested bad SD card. Removed SD card all worked. Remembered yesterday finding SD card not fully home and pushed it in, thought no more about it.
On trying to download data in laptop SD card got very hot and melted its case ! Tried again with new card, again started to get very hot.

It MAY be possible (unlikely) that I had inserted SD card inverted and damaged SD card holder, but Rx going back to factory for examination.

BUT be careful when inserting cards !

Regards,

David.

PS delighted to report that I have had an e mail from Jens asking for further info. and apologising for phone outage.

After quite a few tests using various cards, two laptops and SD adapters definitely an SD slot problem .
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
chuckstarck

Thanks Alan and Mike. I have DV3, led's poking through. Maybe they put the label on the right direction on DV4 so you don't have to step behind the TX to read the buttons.
Yesterday I spent about a week in one hour looking at the TX configuration page. Never saw the DV info period, so today with Mikes assistance, once again I looked carefully at the page and it says the type is 2.4 Dual FHSS. I thought for sure it would say on that page. Now looking at 2.56 Giga, before had I think 2.59, tried 2.01 too, just don't see that. But now I know, now where's that cable, shipped at least I hope!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.