Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

spektrum vs JR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

spektrum vs JR

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 PM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: spektrum vs JR

Very neatly put Pat, I have been using a DSX9 since starting in jets and have had hundreds of flights on jets and props without so much as a twitch but have used mainly Spektrum receivers on the jets with no issues whatsoever and have 100% trust in them,
Gary.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: IFlyEm35

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Is there a reason they can't make a DMSS module for the 12X?
They have one but, you need a modular 12x (12xMV) to use it. About 95% of the 12x's sold in North America were dedicated 12x's. So much so that Horizon discountinued the 12xMV. I could never figure out why people wanted a dedicated radio? Now, we can clearly see the advantages of a modular system. Fortunately, I bought two of the 12xMV's

Mike

In thought the 12X MV was a 72 mhz setup. I guess not since mine is a dedicated 2.4 but has a module.
How can yours be a dedicated 2.4 and have a module? If it has a module it's the 12xMV. Otherwise it 's the standard JR12x that has a non removable insert where the module would normally be and it won't have the software for PCM or PPM.

Mike

Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
tmaucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spektrum and JR are both using us as beta testers, so let the technology mellow a bit, for a better word. Talk to the many that lost planes before the initial software updates. Maybe you should just get a 9 channel from hobby king, at least they know how to rip off the technology. Good luck.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

They have one but, you need a modular 12x (12xMV) to use it. About 95% of the 12x's sold in North America were dedicated 12x's. So much so that Horizon discountinued the 12xMV. I could never figure out why people wanted a dedicated radio? Now, we can clearly see the advantages of a modular system. Fortunately, I bought two of the 12xMV's

Mike

In thought the 12X MV was a 72 mhz setup. I guess not since mine is a dedicated 2.4 but has a module.
How can yours be a dedicated 2.4 and have a module? If it has a module it's the 12xMV. Otherwise it 's the standard JR12x that has a non removable insert where the module would normally be and it won't have the software for PCM or PPM.

Mike

Though not mine, this is the same radio as mine. Is it not dedicated 2.4 and use a module?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

I think most of the Spektrum radios are made in China. I was under the impression JR was made in Japan. I've owned both. I'd give the edge to JR. Servos, hands down, JR, over all other brands. Not to say Spektrum isn't a good product. I think it is. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the Spektrum servos were JR quality too. Following excellent preflight protocols will make both brands winners. It's not just the radios as you know.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike

Mike

Though not mine, this is the same radio as mine. Is it not dedicated 2.4 and use a module?

That's not a module, try to remove it It's in place of a module and it's fixed in the radio. The atennae is hard wired into the radio as well. Even if you were able to remove it, the radio doesn't have the firmware to run anything but Spektrum 2.4 anyway. To run the DMSS module, the radio needs to be able to transmit in PPM as that's the protocol recognised by the DMSS module.

Mike

Old 06-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

I believe the word is "moot"...

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

this is a mute thread
Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 PM
lightningmcnulty
My Feedback: (11)