Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How to use a digital pitch guage in relation to a mechanical one

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

How to use a digital pitch guage in relation to a mechanical one

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:50 PM
rcpilot1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to use a digital pitch guage in relation to a mechanical one

I just got an Align digital pitch guage.With my mechanical one i would line up the bottom edge to be level with the flybar,and the center part would move with the blade and the dial would show my pitch.With this digital guage i have my flybar locked level,but since the entire body of the guage moves with the blade.My flybar stays level but the guage is not lined up with it no more....am i supposed to get the blade to go +10 and then tilt the flybar to line up with the gauge
Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM
bikemad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to use a digital pitch guage in relation to a mechanical one

no, the flybar is locked and stays locked till you have finshed,
you put the gauge on the blades and then just read what it says, there so simple,

there so easy to use your probably over thinking it, I have a digital pitch gauge, but it's not an align one, if I'm right they all work the same,
first you have to set them, it's simple, read how in the instructions, it's just to show the gauge where leave is, you put it no a flat service and press a button or two then turn it round and repeat, turning it round means it finds the average and works out where leave is,
once you have locked the fly bar just put the gauge on the blade, unplug the motor, turn on the TX, plug a battery in your heli, put your TX onto IDLE 1, read the gauge at 0 stick i.e. no throttle and then a 100% stick i.e. full throttle. that's where your max pitch is,
you adjust your swash AFR to get your pitch to move the right amount. then fine turn the rest with adjusting linkages or pitch curve or abit of both.