Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Carburetor yes, fuel line no

Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 PM
fun4oli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburetor yes, fuel line no

Here is the prelude to the story: Iwas happily racing my Volcano S30 and then thought that Ishould try leaning the low speed needle to save some gas. Somehow that led to the car stalling when I applied the brakes. I opened up (tightened) the idle needle a bit more.

I am not sure whether the prelude has anything to do with the main story.

And now themain story: when Inow try to start the car it does not. But when Iput a few drops of fuel in the carburetor it does start and runs for a few seconds and then stops. When Ithen try to start the motor it engages a little bit but does not start. At subsequent pulls it does not start.

But Ialso don't see air bubbles in the fuel line move closer to the fuel intake of the motor. Could it be that the fuel intake is clogged.

And second question: is there an easy way to "reset" the idle and low speed needles?

And third question: when you adjust the idle screw it does not open and close the carburetor hole, right (like the trim setting in the transmitter)? It does something else to adjust the idle motor speed, right?

Thanks, Oliver
Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 AM
derailed75

Default RE: Carburetor yes, fuel line no

1. You should be able to find the "factory" needle settings in the users guide ( on the wensite if you dont have it)
2. Yes adjusting the idle screw should move the carb opening. If yours didnt you either have it already too far one way or the other, or something is broken in your carb.
3. Yes your intake could be clogged, an easy way to find out is to over prime the motor. Fuel should shoot out the carb once it is primed. The best way to do that is put your finger over the end of the exhaust and pull your pull start. You should see fuel move through the line and shortly after shoot out of the carb. If that works and you still dont start, you might have an issue with your plug or igniter.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 AM
fun4oli

Default RE: Carburetor yes, fuel line no

Thanks so much for your help.

Ihave to admit that I made a silly mistake: after I bought the car Inever fiddled with the three needles/screws on the motor again and simply confused which one was the idle screw. After figuring that out I could get the motor running again.