Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Regional Racers & Bashers
Reload this Page >

Great NEW TRACK IN BURLINGTON VERMONT!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Great NEW TRACK IN BURLINGTON VERMONT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
mattyb13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great NEW TRACK IN BURLINGTON VERMONT!!

****THIS TRACK IS NO LONGER IN USE ACCORDING TO RECENT REPORTS. IF ANYONE RESURRECTS IT, PLEASE LET ME (Foxy) OR ANOTHER MOD KNOW.

Check out this super fast and fun track in Burlington VT. Very fast and technical! Elevated Drivers stand. High banked turns, good rhythm sections, big jumps, wide lanes(Good for 4-6 1/8 sized vehicles at a time), long/fast technical sweeping corners. perfect for 1/8 sized racing. The buggies and Truggys really open up at Sears Lane!!! Very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. More of a club track. Open to all! Any sized R/C is welcome.
I have been all over New England and seen a lot of the tracks in the region and this is one of the nicest looking and absolutely most fun tracks around!
Not to be missed if you are in the Northern New England area! This is maintained by a small group of enthusiasts that wanted a fun place to meet up with others and get their race on!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Yukonpeteneff

Default RE: Great NEW TRACK IN BURLINGTON VERMONT!!

Hi,
  I just found this forum and was hoping to find out more details about the track in Burlington that you mentioned in your post.  I am considering buying an rc vehicle but want to see what other interest there is in the area before I do.  Can you tell me more about RC racing in the Burlington Vermont area?  thanks   Pete
Old 04-03-2010, 09:42 AM
mattyb13

Hey there thanks for the Interest in The Sears Lane Raceway...! Although it is not MY track, I have taken on the task of getting the word out there and marketing the track to the region. The track is great and only going to get better this season. We are very excited. There was another competitive track in Milton VT last summer that has since shut down (sadly, as I liked racing there.) We are expecting and hoping that a lot of the racers from that track want to come to our track and race this summer... I am going to try to attach a photo that is somewhat distorted of Sears lane, but should give you a good idea of the layout. Trust me, this place is cool. We have done so much work on the surface to make it fast and consistent. Fast, Wide, multiple lanes, awesome for Truggies or Buggys. This summer we wil have Losi 2.0's there, Cen Matrix TR's, O'Donnel, Mugen Mbx6t's, etc etc racing at our track. We will be building a new drivers stand, upgrading the watering system (adding a pump) and continuing to make the layout more fun and challenging. Place is fun, fast, mellow and easy to get to! The best part is that it is run by an AWESOME group of guys that are very into meeting and racing with new guys. The more the merrier basically. Fire any other questions you have my way or feel free to PM me... Thanks for the interest. We would love to have you, and any other local RC racers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34045.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1410789  
Old 04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Yukonpeteneff

Hi and thanks for getting back to me.

Iwould like to stop by and see the track, maybe meet a few of the members sometime. Also, do you guys race different vehicles? What would be a good vehicle to buy so that I can start racing competitively? Iknow it will take time to learn the control part, but I want to get a good vehicle to start with so I don't "outgrow" it.

I really like the revo 3.3 truck. But is there a division that races these?

thanks again
Pete
Old 04-05-2010, 10:05 AM
mattyb13

Honestly, there were Revo's and from time to time a couple of Revo's show up. They just race with the Truggy's. The "what do I get" is a huge can of worms. Having gone the "mega inexpensive" route and the "more expensive" route I feel like spending a little more up front is worth it to get a vehicle that out of the box is competitive and fun and durable. Lets face it, parts are not readily available for anything in VT so I either travel to a few diff hobby shops in New England or I use AMAIN hobbies.com pretty regularly. IN MY OPINION, and this is just my opinion and EVERYONE has one. The Hotbodies D8 and D8T look to be VERY competetive and inexpensive kits for the money. The Losi 2.0 is a RACE WINNING truck right out of the box. A bit pricey but really nicely equipped out of the box. Its all about doing your research. EBAY is a GREAT place to get parts for our hobby as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Yukonpeteneff

Hi ...
  Where is this track located?  Has racing started yet?  When can I come and check out the track and see some people running on it?  thanks again Pete
Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
mattyb13

Sears Lane Raceway is located on Sears Lane in Burlington VT. It is off of Pine St. A great landmark is at Noyes Automotive. Take a left at Noyes Auto onto Sears Lane. Follow Sears Lane down about 1/4 of a mile and the track is located just on the left at the very end of Sears Lane. I have not run this year as I am still building my new truck and havent had time. I have heard that some of the guys I race with have been doing some shakedown runs and that the track is ready to go and in very good shape. PLUS we have some killer upgrades planned. New, higher drivers stand, 3 sets of doubles on the back straight etc... I would venture to say that once the weather gets nice you could roll down there almost any weekday afternoon or weekend day at any time and fine some of us there. Below is a link to my BCE CONVERTED CEN MATRIX C2XPRO trying a new settup at the end of last summer.... I had it geared for a slower more technical track so its not as fast as it could be but this gives you an idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEca9XNZ9ac
Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 PM
i2xtreme

I would like to come check it out too. I have an old pre 2000 RC10GT that is in rough shape. I would like to race against a few others. I would like to come meet a few people and see what they have. I would be open to spending some coin on a new rig if there are other people to race with.

Let me know when people are over there I would like to go check it out.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM
mattyb13

We are working on the track this weekend. The changes should be very cool. Adding some more airtime to the track and a couple more technical features to make it a little more fun. Safe to say from here on out this summer, if the weather is good we are going to be there on the weekends.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
i2xtreme

Nice.

I will stop by if it is nice and help out where I can.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:30 AM
mattyb13

SEARS LANE RACEWAY UPDATE!
Burlington Vermont.

Sears Lane Raceway is looking great and there are some great improvements! We have upgraded the watering system, Graded all the turns, added a set of three 15'-20' doubles on the back straight for a great rhythm section, improved the pit lane GREATLY. The track has been treated and is curing/packing this week and we should be racing by mid-June. This is becoming one of the premier RC facilities in New England! Come on down.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

hey,

Anyone still racing here? And what days. I wanna stop by some sunday and have some fun! Let me know whats going on and the best time to come out!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 PM
mattyb13

Its a pretty open format. On nice afternoons you will usually find some guys running around and DEF on the weekends. Its been getting a LOT more attendees. New watering system, new drag raking system, new jumps. Its a great track. Absolutely one of the nicer and faster tracks in New England.... Check it out!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:41 AM
justin_92_92

Im about 3 hours out but have no issue going to beautiful burlington for the day. I run races at my newly developed track on sundays so maybe I can bring a friend along on a tuesday and stop by. Is there anything I need to do to run there? Is it hobby shop owned?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
emaxin

hi- i was wondering if you could p.m. me directions. i am interested in racing or just driving for fun. i used to visit r/c toybox in st. johnsbury, vermont, but they closed at the end of last winter and i have been looking for a place to have some fun. i currently have 5 different trucks and no where to drive except around my house. i am trying to make a track of my own, and would like to visit this one. i live in orleans, vermont so there aren't alot of options. i would like to drive to burlington some weekend. please let me know was soon as possible, and if this is still in place, as it seems things change so quickly, and it is hard to tell what information is current. thank you very much.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 PM
justin_92_92

I need an AMB system...I would love to buy a used one from some closed track! So just incase you know of any
Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
mattyb13

PM sent!
Sears Lane Raceway is one of the nicest Offroad tracks in New England. Worth the drive!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:42 AM
justin_92_92

hit me up with some directions. Me and a buddy will come run some laps.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:46 AM
1ubby

just wondering when they hold races a group of guys from our local track in northhern ny might stop out to check it out and spread the word of our track so we can have regional races or somthin kool to that affect team racing dosnt matter really just like to race with rc enthusiest like myself thanks....
Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Traxlas

I know I'm posting on an old thread, but I thought I should inform everyone that I visited this track on October 22, 2011, and this track appears to be abandoned. Grass has grown over the track, and the driver's stand (made of pallets) looks like you'd fall through it if you stepped on it. And the location, when it requires police and public security to patrol...my E-Revo and I high tailed it back to New York. I know Leatherface was watching me!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info, I will amend the OP...
Old 06-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Revo roller

I am not sure who owns this track. Myself and 4 others are going to go down and weed wack and spray weed killer on Saturday 6/16/2012. We are also going to cut the branches that block the view from the stage. We ran on it last Sunday. Was a little tough with the tall grass. Could be a great track again.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Traxlas

I interested to see how you guys make out. I was near there last year, and it definitely has potential. Keep us updated.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 AM
mattyb13

I was one of the Sears Lane racers that was involved with the track up through the end of 2010. I then moved away to another region of the US. I LVOED racing there and am anxious to see the track revived! I believe the track had an off season in 2011 but I have had a lot of interest in revamping the track come my way lately. There is some huge potential for this to be one of the best tracks in New England again! Very fast and smooth and there is a watering system there. It just needs some love and TLC and elbow grease. Really excited to see how the track progresses this summer. Good luck to all those involved.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Tm37518

Hi guys I've been interested in getting back in rc ever since i was the sc10. I stumbled on to sears lane the other day and it inspired me to dust off my old rc10T and RC10CE. I stopped by the track about a week ago. About half of it had grass growing on the jumps and the other half by the drivers platform was in prety good shape. I live in Essex junction VT. About 15 minuets from the track. I would love to meet up there sometime and get involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.