Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

nitroplanes Stuka 1400 mm

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 AM
gmccord1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitroplanes Stuka 1400 mm

Hello all,

I just piled a 1400 mm Stuka from nitroplanes this weekend. I came out of a steep dive to get some scale look and then pulled out and flew normally. All of a sudden, I lost all signal and the plane bummed in the ground. Guys at the field told me I had a Spektrum brown out due to using an Orange "park flier" Rx. I've used this Rx on the plane for many flights without any problems. In fact, I fly my slowstick with the same Rx even at farther distance than the Stuka. My theory is that the steep dive does something to the ESC. Is it possible that high revolutions on the prop can somehow overload the ESC? I remember doing some steep dives before with the stock 50 amp ESC and the ESC only partially worked. Luckily, it worked enough to prevent a crash. I ended up having to get a Dynum from Hobbypartz.

Thanks for any input,

-Geoff
Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 AM
metalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitroplanes Stuka 1400 mm

I have two of these aircraft. I replaced the ESC on both, as they are known for being unreliable. I use a 60 amp OPTO ESC with a 5A UBEC for the radio. There are 8 servos in this aircraft, so the stock BEC on the ESC is working pretty hard. It is a bummer you lost this plane, as they are really great flyers. I hope you rebuild.-Metalguy