Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

lost plane finder,very loud!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM
tobydogs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lost plane finder,very loud!

hey all ,i built this from very inexpesive pcs.

$6 servo switch from hobbycity
$5 siren from radioshack
$4 servo "y"connector wire

i don't explain electric well so i'll post pictures.this setup plugs into channel 6 for my plane and operates off the lg switch.the y cable eliminates the need for spliceing the switch into a battery lead. it also makes for shrink wrapping the whole package and it weighs aroung 1.5oz.

its very loud...just like a fire smoke detector in your home.i use it in my larger 40 or 60 size birds as they can carry the weigh and if you go down in a corn field,or in my case a marsh wet land in nj...it'll be very helpful to locate your lost bird.
most important!!!mount the locator,rx,and rx battery so they won't pull apart in a horriffic crash......i destroyed my uproar ,lipos flew out of the fuse,but the 3 componets [rx,rxbattery,siren]stayed together and worked....so heres some pics of the set up.its easy to see whats done to make this work.if you use it and wind up needing it ,may it work well and you find your lost girl! i also remove the twist on wire connectors and soldered the wires....its just easyer to see the connections in the pictures.
stu
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65409.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1401808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86173.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1401809   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26977.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1401810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27265.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1401811   Click image for larger version

Name:	It10060.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1401812  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 PM
tobydogs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: lost plane finder,very loud!

another pic...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78031.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1401818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75306.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1401819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83149.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1401820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23937.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1401821  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
stumblebum2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lost plane finder,very loud!

Toby,

I have had this saved and just looked back at it due to a cornfield on the edge of our flying field.
I bought all the parts last year and didn't need it for beans were planted.

I may be looking at your picture as I would look at a Spektrum Rx in that the battery terminal would be at the lower end.

In looking at your findercloser than before I need to know if when flying nitro with a rx battery pack, do I need
a seperate battery pack for the siren.?

Update:
I wired the siren/switch/rx as your picture. Hooked it into the gear slot. Works fine. Gives the siren when you turn the gear on, also gives a warble alarm when you turn the Tx off. Sounds louder than the lost plane alarms sold on eBay. Costs a little more and requires a little thinking but with my bad hearing I think it will work better if I do happen to go down in the cornfield.

stumblebum