Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

engine for aero works 46-61 edge 540T arf ?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

engine for aero works 46-61 edge 540T arf ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 AM
wingbolt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine for aero works 46-61 edge 540T arf ?

aero works 46-61 edge 540t arf; manual shows os 61 fx installation which did not require any altering of fuse. Has anyone used a saito engine and if so; any problems ? Have sent for model, not engine. As you know sometimes choosing an engine other than the one recommended results in a horror. Thanks, guys
Richard
Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: engine for aero works 46-61 edge 540T arf ?

A quick Google search reveals:

Using a .46 2 stk. glow engine will provide you with outstanding flight performance with excellent vertical and plenty of power to perform any IMAC, Pattern and most 3D type maneuvers. Using a .61 or even .91 2 stk. or up to 1.00 4 stk. will provide power like you have never experienced before with a smaller aerobatic scale model. Enough power to execute all the 3D and IMAC maneuvers like a big gas model, with enough Wing Area to handle the weight of the larger engine.

People love the plane with a .91 4-stroke. It is a typical engine install - actually a very easy one. The firewall is a big flat surface, and they give you a clear template to line up the engine and see where you have to cut.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:31 PM
wingbolt
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: engine for aero works 46-61 edge 540T arf ?

Thanks for info and suggestion (91 4 stk) have had many size 4`s but no 91. Almost the same price as saito 82 so why not. Happy 4th of July.