Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 AM
aircrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Well, I don`t know Simon, maybe I started getting weakening, just to start my buying hobby running again , as I have bought almost all the flybarred stuff there.

Seriously now, it would be nice I could fly well.
I would had gone FBL and for sure scale. But I would go for a 500 size or bigger in scale, multirotor too.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:13 AM
sgbfly

Yes mate! It is strangely addictive buying stuff for our hobby. I fully understand as I open those little brown boxes like a kid at Christmas when they arrive!

Back to FB v FBL. I'm not sure a fbl 450 makes a good alleyway flyer. Tbh my FB'd $9 heli feels better in confined spaces - it's hard to expalin why - It's propably that every tiny little control input does something due to the mechanical setup and no nannying from the electronics (deadbands etc). However, It is at the flying field the fbl shows it's hand and leaves the fb'd heli behind....

S
Old 07-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Ddaddy

Thanks for the Independence Day wishes! Sorry about that my British friends

Spiros, the FBL made my flying better, one reason I'm back!

I have the CX 3X1000 ($10 cheaper ZYX) with hitech 65's (analog) and a Gotek D9257 (digital at 250hz of course) and if fly's wonderfully. Seriously, I can fly it better than I can the sim (Phoenix 3G Align).

And I think it would fly just fine with HXT 900's too...but too lazy to swap them out of the franKENblade 400.

Cheers Everyone,

Ken

PS, Did I push good Simon?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 AM
sgbfly

^ Real good Ken!

Good to see you back in the room!

S
Old 07-04-2012, 07:25 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Thanks for the Independence Day wishes! Sorry about that my British friends

Spiros, the FBL made my flying better, one reason I'm back!

I have the CX 3X1000 ($10 cheaper ZYX) with hitech 65's and a Gotek D9257 (at 250hz of course) and if fly's wonderfully. Seriously, I can fly it better than I can the sim (Phoenix 3G Align).

And I think it would fly just fine with HXT 900's too...but too lazy to swap them out of the franKENblade 400.

Cheers Everyone,

Ken

PS, Did I push good Simon?
Hxt900 and mg90s both analog suck with zyx. Don't waste your time.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:36 AM
sgbfly

Useful Info Jonesy. Kinda fits the trend. So as far as the zyx is concerned on cyclic:

hxt900, mg90's = suck
HK DS-929mg, Henge MD922 = Useable. (But can be bettered. Don't support high gains and can give the heli the wet dog shakes in DVR or after aerobatics)
Align 410's, 415's, Savox, Ino-lab D202's. Hitec 65's = Good

Is this fair comment?

Simon
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Useful Info Jonesy. Kinda fits the trend. So as far as the zyx is concerned on cyclic:

hxt900, mg90's = suck
HK DS-929mg, Henge MD922 = Useable. (But can be bettered. Don't support high gains and can give the heli the wet dog shakes in DVR or after aerobatics)

Is this fair comment?
Simon
Sure...sounds fair. The analog servos cannot handle anywhere near any of the preset gains in the zyx software. You have to dial the gains down so low to stop it from shaking that it becomes like a wet turd to fly. I had to up the dual rates to 110% to get some feeling and response back to the inputs. It was flyable but I could not dial out the wobble when the blades become unloaded. Stuffed around with all the PID settings to no avail.

I think the hs65's are probably about the only analog servo that has been proven ok. The digital hs65's (5065 i think they are) are supposed to be good as well. I've also seen some hk933's with zyx doing 3d with no problems. Not sure on the reliability of these though.

Jonesy

Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

hxt900, mg90's = suck

Is this fair comment?
Simon [img][/img]
Sure...sounds fair. The analog servos cannot handle anywhere near any of the preset gains in the zyx software. You have to dial the gains down so low to stop it from shaking that it becomes like a wet turd to fly. I had to up the dual rates to 110% to get some feeling and response back to the inputs. It was flyable but I could not dial out the wobble when the blades become unloaded. Stuffed around with all the PID settings to no avail.

I think the hs65's are probably about the only analog servo that has been proven ok. The digital hs65's (5065 i think they are) are supposed to be good as well. I've also seen some hk933's with zyx doing 3d with no problems. Not sure on the reliability of these though.

Jonesy

So's I'm lurking as I wake up from my 07:30 to 15:30 sleep period prior to working the floods and as I hung over, I see the above and snot my bottled water out my nose.

Thanks Jonesy!

b (tired b, but b none-the-less)

PS Folks treat you different up here!!! I LOVE North Florida!!

PSS Flooding is receding and I think I am now back on budget after all these hours I worked!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36002.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	1778612  
Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Tinkman

Very Nice... Happy 4th Brian. Thanks for doing what you do!

Joaquin
Old 07-04-2012, 02:37 PM
fleetz

Happy 4th to all in the USA.

Well done Brian you do good work.

Back from OS....last weekend, spent this week catching up with grandson and building huge patio at daughter and son-in law's place. Paving and electrical to go.....forgot what a heleicopter looks like..

Best

Ian
Old 07-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simon,

I agree 100% with everything you said re servos and FBL units.

I would bet my Gaui X5 that there is no one out there who has a quality heli and purchased a Beast X for it, and then put on el cheapo analog servos all round. Just doesnt make one iota of sense.

The BeastX default is 50Hz so you wont fry any servo and they have that setting so people won't have a go at them if a user stupidly doesn't put in the correct Hz of their servos or skips that parameter on the way through the settings. The performance would not be good though if you left it at 50 Hz and from memory the manual recommends that you use the highest Hz as they perform best.

Now why do I know I'm going to be told I'm wrong again.

Jonesy, sorry to hear about the crash, I missed that post, come on, what did you do.

No flying for me this weekend, no DX8.

Maybe I'll dig out an old Honey Bee FP with its dodgy Tx and see if I can fly it now!!

Best to all Phil

PS: Good work Brian, hope you had a great 4th of July, you deserve it.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Jonesy, sorry to hear about the crash, I missed that post, come on, what did you do.
I suppose you could call it half crash, half autorotation Dumbest thing I've done ever.... took off as I have done hundreds of times, precedded into full forward flight about 3 feet off the ground and then instead of flicking the idle up switch on the top right as I've also done hundreds of times also... I flicked the throttle hold on the top left.

In hindsight I should have tried to autorotate it as it was over some semi long grass, but I flicked the throttle hold off and it spooled back up but the tail didn't hold and it spun and hit tail first backflipped... blades hit then somehow did some 3d move and landed back on the skids. It looked a bit like a bird that had been run over like the time when I nailed the mcpx into the road. Unfortunately no vid.

I dug out the parts box and I think I have everything to fix it bar some new cf blades and the servo gearsets, but I'm not sure which way to go with the servos...fix them or get something else. The two POT shaft were bent. I've spent my budget this month on a #16 and a few other things so it's going to be shelved for a while. I've got the tarot pro to fly in the meantime.

Jonesy
Old 07-04-2012, 03:47 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob
hxt900, mg90's = suck
Is this fair comment?
Simon[img][/img]
Jonesy
So's I'm lurking as I wake up from my 07:30 to 15:30 sleep period prior to working the floods and as I hung over, I see the above and snot my bottled water out my nose.
Thanks Jonesy!

b (tired b, but b none-the-less)
PS Folks treat you different up here!!! I LOVE North Florida!!
PSS Flooding is receding and I think I am now back on budget after all these hours I worked!!!
Your welcome

Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Flying Fiz

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, an auto would have been easy but heat of the moment and all that.

If next months heli budget will stretch then the 410's with the metal gears are well worth it, the arms give way and the gears are good every time. I dont know about the 415's they would have to be cheaper for a reason.

Good to have a spare heli or two, as I have always found.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:04 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing, an auto would have been easy but heat of the moment and all that.

If next months heli budget will stretch then the 410's with the metal gears are well worth it, the arms give way and the gears are good every time. I dont know about the 415's they would have to be cheaper for a reason.

Good to have a spare heli or two, as I have always found.
Yeah hindsight is great when things like that happen in a split second.

Re the servos, I'm a bit pissed about the servos as Ithought that I would be doing the right thing and getting the align servos with MG's so Iwould not be in this situation. Ihave ds410m's on the pro but short of pulling one of them apart to confirm but the gearsets look the same. Maby they are made out of different material. The servo arms that came with the 415's are the same as the 410m's, they have D4 or DS4 or something written on them from memory. Maby Ineed to replace the horns with softer ones.

$15 for a gearset or $27 for a whole new ds415...Imight just get someof the ino-labs 202hb's for $18 each.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Flying Fiz

Yes the inolabs have always been great for me, but they are very gready in the electricity department, I've heard some surprising stories about them.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks to every one for the 4th. had the day off and did honey dos got some short flying in with Bryan thismorning.
 I had a little prob with the jr9303 on gyro settings but thanke to youtube i got it sorted out.
I've got the dx7 on rcu right now if any one wants it let me know i'll try to make you a deal.
 Othe than that not much new back to the old slave factory tommrow. take care everyone!
Hugh
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Ddaddy

Hey guys,

The flying has been good lately and I'm getting biten to get a 500. Here's what I know I want;

FBL (either ZYX or Hobbymate beastx clone)
Belt
For DX6i use

Your input on which kit would be appreciated

Oh, and to keep this on topic, going to replace the OWB in the 450...has a tick after 50 ish flights.

Ken
Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Hey guys,

The flying has been good lately and I'm getting biten to get a 500. Here's what I know I want;

FBL (either ZYX or Hobbymate beastx clone)
Belt
For DX6i use

Your input on which kit would be appreciated[img][/img]

Oh, and to keep this on topic, going to replace the OWB in the 450...has a tick after 50 ish flights.

Ken

I would say "my 500" is what you need as little as I fly it, but I'm trying to change my ways!

I have an Align 500CF with the Copter X and it's a beaut!

Sorry, just waking up from a midnight shift. What' an OWB?

Yer pal,

b
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
sgbfly

^ One Way Bearing for a guess mate.

I was able to get a lunchtime fly in today with my HK-450GT-FBL Nearly ended prematurely at the 3 minute mark....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDEXV_fL4Vs[/youtube]

Happy flying all!

Simon

Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
rikybob

^ One Way Bearing for a guess mate.

I was able to get a lunchtime fly in today with my HK-450GT-FBL [img][/img] Nearly ended prematurely at the 3 minute mark.... [img][/img]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDEXV_fL4Vs[/youtube]

Happy flying all!

Simon [img][/img]

Ahhhhh, drew a blankm re: OWB!

Thanx for a viddy!

Entertainment is getting hard to find here!

b
Old 07-05-2012, 02:17 PM
ahamay

So I'm now officially an expert in installing and removing gearsets in ds415's Turns out one of the 3 cyclic servos was ok from my little oops moment the other day. I didn't want to get new gears if the other two were toast so Iswapped out the good gears into the other two to test them and they seem ok even after bending the pot shafts straight again.

The ds420 Ihave on the tail was fine, which was suprising as it went in tail first.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
rikybob

So I'm now officially an expert in installing and removing gearsets in ds415's Turns out one of the 3 cyclic servos was ok from my little oops moment the other day. I didn't want to get new gears if the other two were toast so I swapped out the good gears into the other two to test them and they seem ok even after bending the pot shafts straight again.

The ds420 I have on the tail was fine, which was suprising as it went in tail first.

That's good news as I have a set of three in the package and hoped they'd bee all they are cracked up to be!

Off to the midnight for another evening of Vampirism!

b
Old 07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Flying Fiz

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure what your budget is but I would look around for a superseeded Trex 500, you should be able to get one for $400 to $500 for a super combo (ie everything) and it would be well worth it. But it will be hard to get both FBL and belt drive as most FBL would be TT. Also best to build yourself and not buy secondhand, you never know what your going to get, (just ask Brian).

Tarot dont have a recent 500 heli and their current 500 offerring is very old. And I can't recommend a Hobby King 500 as the one I had exploded it's tail casing before my eyes in a hover, very scary.

A superseeded Trex 500 is likely to be FB'd but it will be belt driven and you can put a Tarot FBL head on it and grab a Tarot ZYX unit.

here is an example;   http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/goods.php?id=709   in fact it would be a great heli as is with that gyro.

best Phil
Old 07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Ddaddy

Ok Brian, pic's and how much ; )

That was close Simon!

Phil, good advice and definitely things I'll be considering. Big yes to kit I put together myself, that way I'll think it's put together right!

Cheers.
Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.