Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

k30 vs qd 25

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

k30 vs qd 25

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 PM
rio 51 racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k30 vs qd 25

hey guys i was just wondering if a modded k30 would outpreform a qd 25 ht?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
danielplace

Default RE: k30 vs qd 25

A friend of mine has one of my modded K30's running offshore in district 3 that is regularly outrunning the QD Pioneer's. No joking. Several times now he has called me seriously stoked after just smoking another one in a heat he has just ran. The first time he called he wouldn't say anything except "I am a believer" over and over. Finally I got it out of him. Smoked his first QD Pioneer the first time he raced it. LOL. The last time he said they were running neck in neck to the last turn they came around headed for the finish line and he out drag raced him for the win.
Get this, he hasn't even proped up for the 29.5 yet and is running a prop he used on his 26cc. These things will pull a lot of prop and the speeds increase considerably. He was running a 6717. These 29.5's will pull 7316 props adding about 5 more mph if you can keep it on the water.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Scott Schneider

question is SOOOOO subjective to the skill level of each boater running each type engine .... question has no way in being accurate IMO
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 PM
danielplace

Scott,
That is true without a doubt but just blowing my horn. These are seasoned racers and since the QD comes dyno tuned with a WYK33 and it's pipe already matched to the engine the QD certainly has the advantage it would seem in this case as my friend hadn't even really fine tuned anything. The K30 was installed and he runs it just like he put it in. With only a modified stock bore 929 for a carb.

Most cases I don't honestly think these things are gonna outrun every QD pioneer it runs. That would be dreaming. But it is evidentily capable though of at least giving them a run for their money.

No disrespect was meant towards Quickdraw or these new QD Pioneers capabilities either as the few I have seen most were definetely cruising right along. The engines are very nice and well worth the price if that is the kind of engine you are looking for. Just being a match engine/pipe combo puts most well ahead of the game after only just installing it.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
quickdraw

And i tell people a stock Zenoah will smoke our motors too if not setup correctly. A big or powerful motor will not overcome bad setups or driving style.

Todd

Quickdraw
Old 07-07-2012, 04:12 AM
SS RC Boats

I gotta give you guys tons of respect for the honest answers you replied to the gentlemans question! I tell people the same thing even with the real offshore powerboats "the most power doesnt necessarily mean your gonna win the race!"
Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you pull you flex shaft out of the collett and try to push it back in,and you have to guide it in with your fingers,thats 5mph right there,just because someone is racing and can afford the best stuff does not mean he has a clue.time at the lake is where your biggest pay off will be,and smart changes one at a time.