Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Model's Super Connie ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Phoenix Model's Super Connie ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Phoenix Model's Super Connie ARF

Now this is something!

http://phoenixmodel.com/Default.aspx...atId=73&id=327

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fHe0NXCQ2o4
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
nioa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Model's Super Connie ARF

14 feet, 105 lbs. Rib construction. Retracts and spinners included. Extraordinary!

I would really love to see this in person.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:03 AM
zob007

This looks just great. Any idea of the price?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Guys,
With out a doubt...this is one of my all time super models to have and I would love a Super "G" model. No one has a kit or ARF...and this one would take a semi to haul to the model airport and the cost...ouch. I gotta know...does anyone have the price on this model ? Just consider the shipping...ouch ! A good 100" model would make my day and I just might sell my first born for this one. Dream on...
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 06-24-2012, 06:58 AM
zob007

It looks good... but impossible to get any answer from phoenix model. Not sure they will ever produce it or sell otherwise they would answer to any question. Keep dreaming!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easytigermodel.com is advertising it for special order....price is $4595.00, with a 12 week delivery.

Probably can be had for a little less than that, somewhere.

Well..if I win the lottery...

I would probably be happy enough with the 12 foot wingspan Phillip Noel Connie...much more work, far less money. A US laser cutter, manzanolaser.com has (or at least, used to have) the semi kit.

Wish there was a nice Connie ARF in the 96" span range.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Props4ever

ORIGINAL: Thomas B

Easytigermodel.com is advertising it for special order....price is $4595.00, with a 12 week delivery.

I would probably be happy enough with the 12 foot wingspan Phillip Noel Connie...much more work, far less money. A US laser cutter, manzanolaser.com has (or at least, used to have) the semi kit.

Wish there was a nice Connie ARF in the 96'' span range.

Hi Thomas,

If you can wait few more months then 9' wingspan S Connie's short kits will be available....Here is detailed thread on 105" to 109" wingspan S Connie model very near it's completion of first prototype model...price will be economical in comparison then this ARF's retail price posted....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4538333/tm.htm
Old 07-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Thomas B

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

ORIGINAL: Thomas B

Wish there was a nice Connie ARF in the 96'' span range.

Hi Thomas,

If you can wait few more months then 9' wingspan S Connie's short kits will be available....Here is detailed thread on 105'' to 109'' wingspan S Connie model very near it's completion of first prototype model...price will be economical in comparison then this ARF's retail price posted....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4538333/tm.htm

Interested for sure...your Connie project is looking good and that would be the size for me! I will keep an eye on that thread!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Thomas B

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

Hi Guys,
With out a doubt...this is one of my all time super models to have and I would love a Super ''G'' model. No one has a kit or ARF...and this one would take a semi to haul to the model airport and the cost...ouch. I gotta know...does anyone have the price on this model ? Just consider the shipping...ouch ! A good 100'' model would make my day and I just might sell my first born for this one. Dream on...
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
With the two piece wing and two piece fuse, I bet it will fit fine in a normal van and perhaps even in a minivan. I have hauled a 10 foot long one piece fuselage for a C-5 model in my 2006 Honda Odyssey with inches to spare.....
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
multienjim
My Feedback: (26)

Here is a link I found to a place that sells the phoenix constellation for 3995.00 and a few pics i found of it. http://www.giantmodelproducts.com/in...roducts_id=297
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43220.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	1780262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85364.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	1780263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57974.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	1780264  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For that kind of money they should do the livery to the customers desire. TWA for me. The scheme they show looks like the present day Breitling scheme, uninspired and not in keeping with the Constellation's place in history.
Chris...
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: multienjim

Here is a link I found to a place that sells the phoenix constellation for 3995.00 and a few pics i found of it. http://www.giantmodelproducts.com/in...roducts_id=297
"Video removed by user"

I wonder why?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
busuttil

Hey Guys,

My Super Constellation arrived today! I think its the 1st one in Europe! hahaha

2 huge boxes, they didnt even fit in my Ford Transit, I had to take the wings out of the wing box.

Quality of the plane is brilliant, very solid but light.

I will keep you posted on progress as I intend fitting DLE 35cc engines.

Bye for now,
Brian

Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Post up some photos Brian!

In the meantime, check out this video to whet your whistle!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2n7siP1Oc0&feature=g-subs-u[/youtube]
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

As much as I love the Connie...this ARF is just to big and expensive. I wish someone would come out with a Connie in the 100" range...that would be perfect for me.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Props4ever

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

As much as I love the Connie...this ARF is just to big and expensive. I wish someone would come out with a Connie in the 100'' range...that would be perfect for me.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Bill here you go, nearing maiden flight. Some tooling is already made, other will be made after the maiden flight, after all bugs are removed and all the testing has been done. Improvements implemented if needed to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vVYpQE1hPs

This video is from Dec 1, now all 4 engines are running!....taxi trials soon to start.

Enjoy for now.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Speedracer2112

I love this plane! A bit big and the wing loading has to be pretty high but still very attractive. The wing is VERY thin!!

They have a full scale model just down the road at Fantasy of Flight in Lakeland Florida.

Anyone have some photos of their plane?

Speed

Name:	Tr50140.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1840079  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Speedracer2112

I looked into this plane. There seems to be an issue with delivery and was warned not to buy it without a way to recover the funds.

SR
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

SO if GMP comes out with a 100in. Connie it would apeal to you more, is this what you are saying??  If it is... PLEASE contact me and I will see what can be done since this was stolen from us and Phoenix got it.  BUT, again... contact me... [email protected]
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 AM
busuttil

Hey Guys,

I finally managed to see Connie fully assembled.
The plane is huge and looks great.

I am very happy with how the model is built and assembles. All I need to do before the test flight is sort out the throttle curve and mechanically/ electronically through the powerbox synchronize the DLE35RAs.

I took a couple of photos in the sun at the flying field.

Regards,
Brian

Name:	Ay75390.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1873716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18425.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1873717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59129.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	1873718  
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Get a video if you can, or just an audio of the fly-by!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
gjhinshaw

Brian, Man, I am glad you got it and didn't get taken!! I still haven't got mine and no refund of the 4,500usd I sent them!! BASTERDS, Lien Thieves'! Its been almost 2 years now and I think they sold it to someone else!! Anyway I am glad for you!! If you need any information let me know has I have all the planes and stuff.Gerry
ORIGINAL: busuttil

Hey Guys,

I am very happy with how the model is built and assembles. All I need to do before the test flight is sort out the throttle curve and mechanically/ electronically through the powerbox synchronize the DLE35RAs.

Regards,
Brian
Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Brian, Man, I am glad you got it and didn't get taken!! I still haven't got mine and no refund of the 4,500usd I sent them!! BASTERDS, Lien Thieves'! Its been almost 2 years now and I think they sold it to someone else!! Anyway I am glad for you!! If you need any information let me know has I have all the planes and stuff.Gerry

Hey Guys,

Regards,
Brian
According to Pheonix Models, who can be contacted through their website, none of what Gerry Hinshaw is saying is true. He did not send $4500 to them. Never. He did place an order for 100 Constellations, but paid nothing, so nothing was made. What he sent was a copy of the Don Smith plans for the Constellation, which they did not use. This project was financed by another company, who went on to produce a completely different Constellation in composite instead. Gerry also failed to pay for orders for other airplanes in China and Vietnam, it seems like the word is out, and suppliers will no longer deal with him, because he cannot pay.
Ihave had the poor experience of dealing with Gerry twice, first when he was working at Troy Built, Igot a Shokjet from him and the wings came off. Second, Igot one of his Gee Bees, and the gear failed on the first landing. Lots of lies and promises, but it turns out Gerry Hinshaw is not a truthful person.
Check out what he is saying over on the Fly Eagle Jet F-14 thread in the Jets forum, see his attitude towards the planes and towards the customers before you think about buying anything from him. Ihave been burned twice by him.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
gjhinshaw

All lies there Fat Phil, I have proof!
ORIGINAL: PhilYabelli

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Hey Guys,

Regards,
Brian
According to Pheonix Models, who can be contacted through their website, none of what Gerry Hinshaw is saying is true. He did not send $4500 to them. Never. He did place an order for 100 Constellations, but paid nothing, so nothing was made. What he sent was a copy of the Don Smith plans for the Constellation, which they did not use. This project was financed by another company, who went on to produce a completely different Constellation in composite instead. Gerry also failed to pay for orders for other airplanes in China and Vietnam, it seems like the word is out, and suppliers will no longer deal with him, because he cannot pay.
I have had the poor experience of dealing with Gerry twice, first when he was working at Troy Built, I got a Shokjet from him and the wings came off. Second, I got one of his Gee Bees, and the gear failed on the first landing. Lots of lies and promises, but it turns out Gerry Hinshaw is not a truthful person.
Check out what he is saying over on the Fly Eagle Jet F-14 thread in the Jets forum, see his attitude towards the planes and towards the customers before you think about buying anything from him. I have been burned twice by him.