Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Losi Mini-T - Rechargeable AA vs Battery Pack

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Losi Mini-T - Rechargeable AA vs Battery Pack

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
TheNeck72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Mini-T - Rechargeable AA vs Battery Pack

I just bought a used losi min-t, and I'm considering just getting these rechargeable energizer 15 minute charge pack.

I've been reading a lot about the lipo battery packs, and other battery packs for the mini-t, and I'm conflicted in which to get. Eventually I think I will try to get a new motor for my mini-t as well.

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Also how long does it normally take to charge up lipo/other battery packs as well, in general?
Old 07-10-2012, 12:03 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Losi Mini-T - Rechargeable AA vs Battery Pack

When I got my Mini-T off a trade, it had the origional AA pack. I Upgraded to the Losi 7.2v nimh pack. It was faster. Then I rigged up a 3s lipo to the stock speed control and stock motor. It was crazy fast and would flip on its back. it was just a 10c 910mah electrifly pack, but that little car moved. and believe it or not, the stock motor and esc held up to 11.1 volts of power and still does today. this was about 8 months ago when i introduced the lipo to it, and it still runs great. stock everything. a 1200mah lipo should not take long to charge. 20-30 minutes maybe? for a motor, i would try a hobbywing motor from hobbypartz.com

Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
TheNeck72

thanks for the info, cumminspower
would you recommend any particular charger by chance? there are way to many choices, something on the cheaper side of things but not to long to charge. Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
cumminspower5.9

Well, here is the LiPo battery I used.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNYJ1&P=7

And here is the charger also...  http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVZZ3&P=7

so about a total of $60. not too bad. it came with my mini-t when i got the trade tho.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
TheNeck72

again thanks for the info, i really appreciate it. Now i know what to order.

also i was able to get my used mini-t for $30 I guess the kid just wanted to $ for it. It works great, but its all stock. So I have a lot of work ahead of me.

This is my 1st electric since when i got the original grasshopper around 30 years ago.

Currently I have a RTR TC3 Nitro and an HPI Savage SS(i need to build me another kit soon hopefully), both of these are 6-7 years old, and I i just got back into them this past weekend, in which I fould the deal for the mini-t on craigslist.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
cumminspower5.9

Hey no problem man. Like I said, My mini-T is running all stock on the 3s lipo and has held up for months. But if you do throw a brushless motor and speed control in it, it will be a lot faster. its a fun little driveway basher or inside, and can take a beating for sure. you will have to upgrade to transmitter if you upgrade the speed control because the reciever and speed control are one piece unfortunately. but hobbypartz.com has you covered for $35 for a 2.4ghz radio and reciever, and it has a lot of good reviews.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 PM
TheNeck72

talking about hobbypartz.com, anybody recommened a battery pack and charger from them as well.

again thanks for all the info cumminspower, it really helped me out.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:17 AM
TheNeck72

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Well, here is the LiPo battery I used.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNYJ1&P=7

And here is the charger also...http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVZZ3&P=7

so about a total of $60. not too bad. it came with my mini-t when i got the trade tho.
cumminspower,

how much of a performance difference is it going from a 2s to a 3s lipo battery?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 AM
cumminspower5.9

well it would definitely have more pick up, but with a 2s it should still be pretty quick for how small it is. plus the life of the motor and esc will be longer.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 AM
TheNeck72

cumminspower, can you recommend a charger that will charge both a 2s & 3s lipo by chance? I will get a 2s at 1st and then upgrade to a 3s later i think.

Again thanks for all your help.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:59 PM
ridesdirt

my mini-t has a brushless motor, if I run 3 cell lipos, it is very difficult to control. It is more fun to drive with a 2 cell.

but this is with the particular brushless setup I have. My point is you can have too much power.

I think any lipo charger will be adjustable for 2 or 3 cell capacity.