Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

DeHavilland Mosquito

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 AM
fast_mag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DeHavilland Mosquito

David,

I got the twisted wing and I plan to do exactly what you did: add a double dose of foam rubber on the right side.

Considering that I likely have an older kit, would you suggest me to do any specific reinforcements? For instance the main wing spar which is really only a 2mm brittle ply reinforced with a 5x6mm spruce stick top and bottom...

The alternative to the CMP kit is of course http://shop.traplet.com/default.aspx, search for Mosquito. Lot's more work though... but maybe I'll go through that some day. The larger 81" version is too large for my workshop, car, etc. but the 71 inch version would be great. Since I don't expect the ARF to last very long I will have the servos, engines, etc ready to go...

I always crack out laughing / crying when I read the nice warning text like you say: "if you never flew a radio controlled aircraft before let an experienced modeler look over your model before flying" on any warbird. When I started any plane would have found it's way to the trash real fast without serious help, and these were trainers that would go back to level flight from any position if you just put the transmitter on the ground...

Thanks for your support and advice,
/Magnus
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 AM
david polley

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fat_mag...

Any reinforcemt is a good idea...I epoxied almost all of the joints in the wing panels where they are joined with their extra hard hot glue or what ever it is, and I used an epoxy brush and layered coats of slow cure epoxy (45 min dry time) all over where the wood and fiberglass meet inside of the structure to reduce vibration and oscillation of the twin engines... Look carefully all over and if you see something that isweak, take some hardwood spruce or maple and beefit up with epoxy.... Thatis what I did......

David
Old 05-13-2012, 11:37 PM
fast_mag

Colleagues,

After a few weeks of family visits I am back on the mossy again. I hesitated a lot but finally decided that my wooden rod for the elevator wouldn't cut it and I replaced with a Sig graphire rod. I changed the mounting of the fuse servos to have the elevator rod passing over the rudder servo. The result can be seen in the pics.

I also mounted the engines (sorry, not pics yet, should work on the cowls and spinners first...), fixed the gears, changed the wheels, etc. thus the wing is technically almost ready to go for a roll.

I received the pilots, unpainted... I feel that pilot painting may put a halt to the build to the point that the first flight may have to be without... Spitty, what paint did you use for yours?

By the way, did anybody try to fly without the canopies?

... and I updated the build log: http://hansenm.web.cern.ch/hansenm/p...eDirectory.htm

Cheers,
/Magnus
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75411.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1762503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11669.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1762504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71443.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1762505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59160.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1762506  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the caopy, if you want to test fly the plane, but dont have the pilots ready, you could simply use some tape to hold the canopy in place.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 AM
spitty

Magnus,

I haven't got the pilots yet, they should be on the way,but I will use Humbrol Enamels....
Unfortunately I can't enter Your nice build log ( 401 error )

I will start a new Business ( selling modellengines ),so I' m well behind my building plan.

Anyway, a lot of people are watching Your build with interest, so stay on, but be cool on Your

Maiden.

Take care and Good luck

Andy
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 AM
fast_mag

Sorry about the log being inaccessible. I'll fix that tomorrow...

Engineshop! It's a bit outside the scope of this forum, but what engines would you sell?

Cheers,
          /Magnus
Old 05-15-2012, 01:07 AM
fast_mag

Build log should be accessible now. Apologies. /Magnus
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 AM
spitty

Magnus,

sorry,I'm not allowed to talk about the manufactor in the moment,but will You inform later.
I wrote that because that's the reason why I couldn'start my build,but I will
Try to install the engines tomorrow.

To all : is it a good idea to mount the engines inverted,but at 190 degrees to keep
the glowplug dry?
Any ideas for the site thrust?
Thanks in advance.
Andy
Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 PM
fast_mag

Andy,

It would please many if you could lay your hands on the leftover stock from Webra :-).

For engine mounting, I am only in to 2 cycle engines, but I have found few inconveniencies with the engine at about 140 degrees which is half inverted (except that the carb gets rather low compared to a normal tank position). It also allows the exhaust being less visible right under the fuse.

Cheers,
         /Magnus
Old 05-16-2012, 02:59 AM
fast_mag

Thanks Kahloq, I'll consider that. Cheers, /Magnus
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
fast_mag

Colleagues,

I finally got around to painting the pilots (note the strange look in the twin’s eyes; without any doubt due to tension in view of the maiden flight) and to make the "safety moulds" of the canopies. Maybe I'll have time to fix the canopies tonight. I have added a 600g disk of lead in the nose to get anywhere close to the correct CG...

... and I updated the build log: http://hansenm.web.cern.ch/hansenm/p...eDirectory.htm

Cheers,
/Magnus

Name:	Db83966.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1768850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr52964.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1768851  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:49 AM
david polley

Fast_mag....

Awesome details...Your model looks just fantastic...I also really like your building log...Very detailed and informative.....I can't wait until you are finished and can get it in the air......

Best Wishes

David

Name:	Ki19733.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1768929  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:36 AM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

ORIGINAL: fast_mag

Colleagues,

I finally got around to painting the pilots (note the strange look in the twin’s eyes; ...

Cheers,
/Magnus
There is a way to prevent that "sitting on a stake" look.

Increasing the size of the eyball (the black part) helps.
The main solution is to paint the whites of the eyes a slightly lighter shade of the flesh color.

Google "pilot faces" in Google images. Of the first 100 you can count on one hand the actual whites of the eyes you can see. Seldom if ever are the whites a glaring white. Most times they are a non distracting flesh shade. Most times you can't see any white at all.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 AM
spitty

FAST MAG, thanks for the tip, I have just googled "pilot faces " and found my reference for my Pilots

Andy

( one engine installed in my Mossie )

Name:	Cz79741.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1769385  
Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 AM
fast_mag

Colleagues,

I am nearly finished.

I realized the the cowls do not lign up to the engines - the spinners are both about 3mm to the right and 6mm high. Caramba. Well, it was far enough off to make new mounting holes...

Having done that I went for an engine test and a roll. Actually, as long as the engines are well synched she rolls rather straight... The tail comes up immediately, and then she's flying with the wheels on the ground. She even made a 10 meter jump but I decided that there were too many things to check before flying so I put her down again.
- I suspect the CG is still a bit too far to the rear since she took off so easily. It could also be that the left elevator is slightly warped. TBI.
- The gears both lost a lock nut and came loose. Vibrations...
- Theres a leak in the needle valve on the right engine.

One of the outer flaps is hanging a bit as well. I might have to do something about it for peace of mind.

I do understand those who get addicted of twins. The noise of two engines in synch is truly addictive!

Soon in the air.
Best,
/Magnus
Old 06-15-2012, 06:05 AM
david polley

Fast_mag

Keep hangin in there...! You would not believe all the stuff that fell off of my first mosquitowhen I practiced taxing up and down the runway, with "everyone" pusing my buttons telling me "Go ahead and take it off...It's ready" and by inner being just kept saying...No it's not ready.........

Sure enough, the vibration of the engines started to make pieces fall off the model and locked up my wheels, and most of my screws fell on the ground and I could not find them...Even my pilots poped off of their spots inside of the canopy and their busts were rolling around inside....Amazing....... (Don't epoxy your pilots...The glue does get brittle and vibration will loosen them up....I ended up using sheet metal screws from the bottom after gluing them into place)

Don't Rush..............Take you time and get it right on the ground first...Make sure everything is buttoned down...Use threadlock on all of your engines mounting screws....Make sure you have place small bits of hardwood where all of your sheet metal screws are going into the fiberglass. Make sure your wheels are secure....When you are done checking everything...Give the model and radio to another experianced pilot and let them look it all over...You would not beleived what another set of eyes will pick up that we overlook as builders.....

Best Wishes

David
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 AM
spitty

Hi all,

some girls needs hair extensions, some Ladies cowlextensions...

Name:	Yv66172.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1777145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46886.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1777146  
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 AM
spitty

wasn´t a big deal

Name:	Ax72904.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1777151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38852.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1777152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52717.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1777153  
Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 AM
spitty

Man, I love these Brian Taylor Spinners!

Name:	Tr51404.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1777154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54815.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1777155  
Old 06-30-2012, 08:08 AM
spitty

Magnus, as David mentioned, keep cool and don´t hurry, and I hope everything is okay with Your Mossi...

Before i leave into vacation, I wanna install the retracts...but therefore I have to install the Fueltanks first .It´s an 8 oz Sullivan, and he´s 1,75 inch high.
The carb needle of the Saito72 is only 1/2 an inch about the groundlevel of the tank, so I´m thinking about to install a 2oz sullivan as a headertank,
2 inch lower, just in front of the retracts.

Maybe someone has experience with problems of the tank installation in this Mossi?

Anybody knows the 3 Humbrol Numbers green , gray, light grey???

Regards

Andy

Old 06-30-2012, 12:05 PM
fast_mag

Spitty,

Thanks for worrying.
Everything's OK, I just had no time to go flying. Kids have been finishing school and so on. They will go visit the grandparents and my wife's away on a residential course, thus - fly-time! Soon.

Best,
        /Magnus
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 AM
fast_mag

<xml><officedocumentsettings><o:allowpng></o:allowpng></officedocumentsettings></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view>Normal</w:view><w:zoom>0</w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother>EN-GB</w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian>X-NONE</w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript>X-NONE</w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:enableopentypekerning></w:enableopentypekerning><w:dontflipmirrorindents></w:dontflipmirrorindents><wverridetablestylehps></wverridetablestylehps></w:compatibility><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0cm;mso-para-margin-right:0cm;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0cm;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}</style>

Colleagues,

The Mossy had its maiden and it went well. A bit of trim and she was rather easy to deal with. A bit sensitive on the elevator thus perhaps slightly tail heavy but not too much.

One of the engines went out of tune in the air but nothing critical.

Landing was uncritical but – one of the gears mechanics broke. What seemed sturdy enough turned out to be really weak. Indeed the E-flite 60-120 gears are meant to fold sideways and not front to back. I cannot recommend them for this application and you should beware of side wind landings if you use them in a plane folding sideways.

I am back to the gear drawing board… and I will try to build gears similar to Peterf. This ARF is rather time consuming...

Nevertheless, I am pleased with the plane. It looks great on the ground and fantastic in the air!

Best,

/Magnus

ps. sorry, I can't get rid of that first line...

Old 07-11-2012, 02:03 AM
spitty

Magnus,

Congrats for Your successful Maidenflight, I'm very happy to hear that .
I think ,if You will change the Gear You'll have a lot of fun with that beauty.
Anymore pictures?

Keep us updated!
Best regards

Andy
Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 AM
david polley

Dear fast_mag,

So very glad you got your bird in the air, and yes...can you believe this is an ARF....?

I indeed have spent enough time trying to redesign this model to almost equal 2 scratch builds of the model by now............There is just something about this kit that on the outside, it looks so very nice, but Lord knows, everyting that has to be done on the inside to make it airworthy and strong is very tedious indeed. You haveto rebuild the model fromthe inside out for it be able towithstand all of the different forces thathas plagued this model almost from the first flight.......!!

However, believe me, when you overcome all of those problems and you finally can fly it with confidence, the reward for all of the time spent will be wellworth it and you are really going to enjoy thr fruits of you effort...

It is a majestic lady in the air, and I guess that is what keeps me coming back trying to improve and get better with each model I have built.....

Please get us some video when you can....

David,

Cincinnati Ohio

Name:	Ki18427.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1780874  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
fast_mag

Dears,

I'll try to get you a video but I guess I'd need a youtube account...?

Best,
/Magnus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.