Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Shipping through Greyhound

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shipping through Greyhound

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 AM
handyman 220
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping through Greyhound

Ok guys I have a question. I am waiting for a NIB ARF that I purchased from a seller in CA. I am located in CT. The most affordable way to ship it was through Greyhound. It has been just shy of a month, by a few days since it was shipped. The box size is 69'x26'x20' weighing approx. 35 lbs. How long is considered a normal wait time for greyhound to ship a plane from one coast to the other? I have called greyhound and the only answer I get, is, it is in transit. The seller has given me a GLI # but it is not a tracking number. Anyone with any experience please feel free to post your views.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:01 AM
telejojo

Default RE: Shipping through Greyhound

Never had a problem with GH but thats way too long I would call GH and the seller.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: handyman 220

Ok guys I have a question. I am waiting for a NIB ARF that I purchased from a seller in CA. I am located in CT. The most affordable way to ship it was through Greyhound. It has been just shy of a month, by a few days since it was shipped. The box size is 69'x26'x20' weighing approx. 35 lbs. How long is considered a normal wait time for greyhound to ship a plane from one coast to the other? I have called greyhound and the only answer I get, is, it is in transit. The seller has given me a GLI # but it is not a tracking number. Anyone with any experience please feel free to post your views.
Much too long - even from coast to coast a month is too long. Get someone on the phone that can give you some info.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

I had a large box shipped from Washington state to Ohio and it took 5 days to get here, They are the cheapest to ship but good luck if something goes wrong and the box gets lost. Lets say they are the best at cooperating in locating the lost item.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Waco

I had a large box shipped from Washington state to Ohio and it took 5 days to get here, They are the cheapest to ship but good luck if something goes wrong and the box gets lost. Lets say they are the best at cooperating in locating the lost item.

did you mean to insert the word "not" in there?

hear's a nightmare of a read
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10608920
Old 07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Yes, I meant not the best at helping, senior moment there.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Crash-RCU

Your large box can and will be bumped if space is needed for luggage. You plane is srtting at a Greyhound terminal in Anywhere USA till some low paid worker checks to see if there is room on any other bus. Good luck, you need to find the route for the bus it was on and start calling all the terminals that the bus stopped at.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Here is a very informative thread on being yanked around by Greyhound all summer long.

Basically if they deliver your package great, and if it gets lost, well that's it then.

They are not a shipping company. They don't use computers. They don't track packages. They don't care.

You can spend the next months making calls and then trying to get your money back or just forget about it and buy another plane locally and have fun flying it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I think there are a lot of successful Greyhound stories. The same horror story is linked twice above. I have read enough to know that there is some risk associated with GPX, however I just shipped my first plane with them last week. I shipped from Ohio to South Carolina, shipping Thursday and the plane arriving some time over the weekend. I was told 4 days max.

They offer a priority service - it would have been $60 more but the plane would have arrived the same day. Since I declined, my crate when to a few different terminals. But it made it there OK.

I agree with the poster above who said to find what terminals the plane could have went to, and call them all. It is hard to get through most of the time, but early AM seems to work pretty well (8-9am). I have found that their tracking system is bad, they are very understaffed, but the people I had helping me were all very polite and did what they could to help.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
handyman 220

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have called greyhound and was given the, we move people first, freight on a space available priority. I have contacted the seller he is going to see what he can do on his end. I have not yet asked for him to return my money, but I'm sure it is coming soon. He does sound like a very honest person, and I feel bad because he will have to deal with greyhound in the end to get his money back. I had asked the seller to ship using the online tracking, but his son ended up just bringing it to the depot and getting a manual GLI number, not track able. He was also told 7-10 days for delivery. By the way I have shipped a plane through greyhound, from CT. to Virginia with no problems so I was somewhat comfortable with the shipping.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

GPX tracking is only available for commercial customers who place orders online.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
handyman 220

Thanks, I did not know it was only for commercial accounts. I am still hoping it will arrive based on some guys posting that it took up to 6 weeks for delivery. I will still have the seller put a trace on it to get the ball rolling.