Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
capnduane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Opti2
Old 07-11-2012, 05:24 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Being a supporter of many Amsoil products for automobile use the number of very critical posts on running their Saber 2-cycle oil on this an other forums has always stayed in my mind. Seeing this thread continuing I just did a search on "carbon Amsoil Saber" Come to your own conclusion.

Check it out:
http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....archwhere=both
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I recommend everyone should read the search link posted previously

http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....archwhere=both

One big thing to take notice is that it is hard to win with Amsoil Saber as when you mix it with more oil in the gas to get away from the 100:1 deal, you get hard carbon that causes almost as many problems as no oil.

I belong to several other forums related to two stroke gasoline engines and Amsoil is a bad word to mention in those forums also.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 AM
matt43

Okay just have to ask... Has anyone looked at ultralights?? 99% of rotax 2 strokes run amsoil at 100:1 they trust there asses to it! And for those that say well they run lower rpm... The engines at cruise turn 5800.... Just a thought if people trust there lives to it, why not our toys... Also call DA or 3w they say there is nothing wrong with it at all..
Old 07-11-2012, 07:57 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to use amsoil in my gas planes... not anymore..... i was a noob when i did the lawngirl/amsoil routine.... long story short, i ended up having to overhaul my dl50

i switched to penz, and now use Stihl 40:1 in all my gas engines

I do use Amsoil in my truck.... i like that its rated at 25k miles or one year, which ever comes first..... and i dont go anywhere near 25k in a year so im safe.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:49 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: matt43

Okay just have to ask... Has anyone looked at ultralights?? 99% of rotax 2 strokes run amsoil at 100:1 they trust there asses to it! And for those that say well they run lower rpm... The engines at cruise turn 5800.... Just a thought if people trust there lives to it, why not our toys... Also call DA or 3w they say there is nothing wrong with it at all..
I've run Amsoil in a lot of other products. Not saying I don't use Amsoil at all. I've been using Amsoil in my sleds almost exclusively for way over 20 years.

My point is I'm not going to run 100:1 oil in my air cooled RC airplane engines. Especially for the fact 32:1 is suggested. What the ultralight guys run in their liquid cooled stuff, what I run in my sleds, or what people prefer in their cars and trucks is hardly relevant to what's going on in these little air cooled engines??
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Whistling Death

I actually like my engines and that is why I use Stihl HP Ultra.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
thepamster

Amsoil, Amway, no thank you. Peddle that crap somewhere else.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:11 PM
DougB1
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

I actually like my engines and that is why I use Stihl HP Ultra.
I second the use of Stihl HP Ultra
DougB1
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM
matt43

Actually no ultralight engine is liquid cooled... The only rotax that is liquid cooled is a 582 or the 912... The 277, 447, 503 are all AIR COOLED!! And not much bigger than our engine!!! Especially since people are now running DLE222 on ultralights!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 PM
matt43

ORIGINAL: ahicks

I've run Amsoil in a lot of other products. Not saying I don't use Amsoil at all. I've been using Amsoil in my sleds almost exclusively for way over 20 years.

My point is I'm not going to run 100:1 oil in my air cooled RC airplane engines. Especially for the fact 32:1 is suggested. What the ultralight guys run in their liquid cooled stuff, what I run in my sleds, or what people prefer in their cars and trucks is hardly relevant to what's going on in these little air cooled engines??
Funny it would be nice for people to know what they are talkin about before they type... Show me an ultralight that is liquid cooled?? Never seen a quick silver with a radiator hangin on it! Heck a P-47 is air cooled! I fly ultralights... Do you??
Old 07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
thepamster

Funny it would be nice for people to know what they are talkin about before they type... Show me an ultralight that is liquid cooled?? Never seen a quick silver with a radiator hangin on it! Heck a P-47 is air cooled! I fly ultralights... Do you??

I am not sure that was called for. Are you defending Amsoil or Ultralites or both.
Funny, I went to Rotax-owner.comforum so I could post a link about amsoil and no search results were found. So I question about the 90something percent using that oil in their Rotax engines.
Do YOU fly ultralites?
I doubt very seriously that P47s use Amsoil in that plane either.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
matt43

ORIGINAL: thepamster

I am not sure that was called for. Are you defending Amsoil or Ultralites or both.
Funny, I went to Rotax-owner.com forum so I could post a link about amsoil and no search results were found. So I question about the 90something percent using that oil in their Rotax engines.
Do YOU fly ultralites?
I doubt very seriously that P47s use Amsoil in that plane either.
Well I have 700 hours on a rotax 503 AIR COOLED eithe amsoil at 1:100 with the recommended service.. No carbon no issues... Say what you want but go to an airport and find someone with any 2 cycle airplane and I bet they use amsoil... I'll be at airventure next week FLYING FROM MARYLAND... I'll report what i see in the ultralight area... The p-47 comment was referring to air cooled...
Old 07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How does/did Amsoil arrive at the 100:1 ratio?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

matt43,
As has been pointed out, you have no clue who you're talking to. Never a good plan to be calling the kettle black online. For all you know I built that 503, or your plane? By the way, what is it that the 503 is bolted to? Please tell me you're not going to cross country a parachute?

Have I flown one? No. The closest I ever got, probably will ever get, was a Piper Tri Pacer I rebuilt from the ground up, then put several hundred hours on. That was one of four other full scale planes I've owned. They had air cooled engines in them too? Have you flown one of those? Really doesn't make a bit of difference, does it?

Regarding my comment, I guess I was only considering 2 stroke ultralights I would even consider stepping a foot in? They would have to have the 582 in them. The rest are a little too "light" for me. I've always been a bit bigger and heavier than the FAA "standard" (170lb) pilot size!

All that doesn't change my point one iota. I admit freely there are practical applications for Amsoil. I just don't believe this is one of them. IMHO the lube and cooling requirements of a 20cc turning 10K are way different than those in the higher displacements you're considering, while turning less than half that rpm (or whatever! not going to split hairs)....

BTW, do you own a gas powered RC plane?

Regarding reporting what you see in the Ultralight area (if you arrive?)? Maybe just me, but I really don't care what a high time 503 powered aircraft is fed. If I had it though, it darn sure wouldn't be 100:1 anything....
-Al
Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Ed

Based on what I have read in the Oil Wars, right here over the past 5 years, I have switched to Stihl HP Ultra. From whom I miss dearly, good ole T.O.M., he said that it's a tad better then Redline, and I believe the man. He spoke with great conviction, and he is one of the few who ran the tests, and who knew what he was talking about !
Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Dude, from a fellow Texan in order to sell me on something, learn how to spell...!!

ORIGINAL: jloftin

Why i use AMSOIL products ? I have been flying giant scale r/c planes for about ten years now. The first time i saw giant scale planes was around 2002 i went to a giant scale R/C fly-in in Lebanon TN where i saw many awesome flyers there, Pros then and now !!!!!! most of them were flying Carden planes with DA engines !! WHENISAWTHEM "IWASHOOKED " and at the time i didn't know much about any thing that had to do with r/c planes or engines. I did know i wanted to fly them and loved the scale and design of the planes and OOOHHHHYESTHAT AMSOIL STICKERONTHECOWLOFJUSTABOUTALLOFTHEREPLANES ??????????? NOWLETFASTFORWARD 2012 NOWIHAVE THEPLANESIDREAMEDOFFLYING!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have a lot more knowledge about what to use on my planes to make them the best planes i can fly servos , electronics ,covering, hardware, battery's, plane kits. ANDYES ( ENGINES)

ANDTHISISWHERETHATSTICKERCOMESINTHATISAWIN2002 AMSOIL

I have been using AMSOIL OILPRODUCTS for ten years now on my Giant Scale R/C engines now. the engines are two -cycle electronic ignitions motors that operate in ranges from 1:200 to 6:800 rpm with a flying time of about 12 min i use one pack of the AMSOIL SABER100:1 premix packet to a gallon of gas this mix will work with 100cc 50cc 30cc motors and i even break in the motors with this same mix adjusting the carburetor after about three or four gallons of gas through the motor. The reason that AMSOIL is so awesome and easy to use in 100cc 50cc 30cc is that it provides optimum protection at 100:1 when the motor manufacturer has specified a 50:1 or 30:1 mix ratio.

The reason AMSOIL can do this is ( THE OIL RESIST CONSUMPTION AND EVAPORATION BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL TWO-CYCLE OILS.THE COMBINATION OF PREMIUM BASE OIL CHEMISTRY AND SUPERIOR ADDITIVE TECHNOLOGY ALLOWS SABER 100:1 TO DELIVER MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE AND PROTECTION IN SMALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS EVEN AT 100:1)

Saber pro 100:1 is designed for lean mix ratios ,it contains high temperature detergents for small power equipment, 100cc 50cc 30cc it has excellent lubricity and cleanliness properties to control friction and help prevent wear, plug fouling and ring sticking

INSHORT EASYSTARTING NOBURPSSPUTTERSDEADSTICKSSMOOTHRUNNING DURINGTHROTTLETRANSITION
COOLERRUNNINGLESSMAINTENANCE LONGERPERFORMANCEBEFOREENGINEOVERHAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEREISKNOWBETTERPRODUCTONTHEMARKET I CHOOSE AMSOIL AS MY AIRPLANE MOTOR OIL FOR PERFORMANCE . QUALITY AND DEPENDABILITY

please ask any questions that you have about AMSOIL i have the wright information that you need for quality performance of you oil product

AMSOIL FLYERANDDEALERJAYLOFTIN www.jayloftinyoutube.com [email protected]
Old 07-12-2012, 02:04 AM
matt43

matt43,
As has been pointed out, you have no clue who you're talking to. Never a good plan to be calling the kettle black online. For all you know I built that 503, or your plane? By the way, what is it that the 503 is bolted to? Please tell me you're not going to cross country a parachute?

Have I flown one? No. The closest I ever got, probably will ever get, was a Piper Tri Pacer I rebuilt from the ground up, then put several hundred hours on. That was one of four other full scale planes I've owned. They had air cooled engines in them too? Have you flown one of those? Really doesn't make a bit of difference, does it?

Regarding my comment, I guess I was only considering 2 stroke ultralights I would even consider stepping a foot in? They would have to have the 582 in them. The rest are a little too ''light'' for me. I've always been a bit bigger and heavier than the FAA ''standard'' (170lb) pilot size!

All that doesn't change my point one iota. I admit freely there are practical applications for Amsoil. I just don't believe this is one of them. IMHO the lube and cooling requirements of a 20cc turning 10K are way different than those in the higher displacements you're considering, while turning less than half that rpm (or whatever! not going to split hairs)....

BTW, do you own a gas powered RC plane?

Regarding reporting what you see in the Ultralight area (if you arrive?)? Maybe just me, but I really don't care what a high time 503 powered aircraft is fed. If I had it though, it darn sure wouldn't be 100:1 anything....
-Al
I can't do anything but laugh... My plane was designed by a modeler named bobby baker. Originally an ultralight called a bobcat. My father also has one. Ours are not ultra lights but experimental.. Mine was built from a set of plans that's modified and was builtby ME in my basement. Finished in 1994 and then flown to airventure in 94 where it won grand champion light plane. Pretty high honor. Then in 2001 I flew it to sun' n fun and also won grand champion light plane. This year is a return as a past champion not able to win again. Maybe you should know who you are talking to as well. I own a Godfrey extra that I built! And a carden yak that I built one with a 200 that runs at 100:1 since day one.. :-) have a great day... Ps the. N number is N70096 if you would like to look it up!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Ed

Based on what I have read in the Oil Wars, right here over the past 5 years, I have switched to Stihl HP Ultra. From whom I miss dearly, good ole T.O.M., he said that it's a tad better then Redline, and I believe the man. He spoke with great conviction, and he is one of the few who ran the tests, and who knew what he was talking about !
There are so many variables that even testing must maintain as close as possible the same standards which is extremely difficult to maintain accross the board. I remember many years ago oil was taken out of the bottles/packages and tested with a group of users. The users did not know what they were using and only in the very cheapest oils were there notible differences and caused problems! The good oils were fine and longevity was mostly the same. It is funny how a package can make all the difference and not so much the oil that is inside. You can change the dye and many could not tell you what it is. We even tested other oils in engines then ran them on the dynomometer to test one against the other.

I used to work with oils to a fairly large degree back in the day and I can speak about 2-cycle oils with a good degree of experience because I put hours upon hours day-to-day on engines in an industrial environment that had to perfom and return on my investment. I knew what worked and what did not work because it was my livelyhood. I pulled the engines down and inspected them. I learned enough to realize that many of our so-called experts here on RCU may be a bit amiss of what they are stating. The greater percentage of failures in two cycle engines came from improper tuning, mixtures, and improper engine running/usage.

True, in some cases you may get better life with certain oil engine combos but again there are many variables that enter in the equasion. I believe that most of the top quality oils that are represented by good processes should be no problems in our airplane engines especially since these engines do not have the demand that heavy-use engines have.

One thing I don't care for is spamming the forums selling any oil whether it be Amsoil or otherwise! Anyway just some thoughts for you oil brand fighters out there.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
gade600sdi

Don't listen to Jloftin above about mixing it at 50:1 or 30:1!!!!! You can not I have made that mistake its not an oil to mix rich it won't work you will have black crap thats nearly impossible to remove from your covering and you will carbon up and stick rings losing compression (I had to put a new ring in a almost new Zenoah due to it and gummed up another motor using this stuff at 32:1), its only made to run at 100:1 if you mix it richer I would not go any richer than 80:1. Other oils you can mix richer (Stihl Ultra HP highly recommended after bad experience with Amsoil)

As for using it at 100:1 I cant comment never have done it and he may be right you may get away with it but I will let others experiment with that.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

For as long as I can remember I have been using the cheap noname brand oil from the local autoparts store, 1.50 a bottle. I use it in everything, even my outboard, never had a problem. Why would I waste my money on magic oil that costs 10.00 a bottle for the same result? I have a G45 thats about 15 years old now and still runs great, so do I believe that magic oil makes things run better last longer, NO. Do I believe thaty cheap poor oil makes things run last shorter, Sure. Is it more likley that improper user maintenance and mixing are to blame, YES!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For some 25 years I used Lawn Boy at 32:1 in my air cooled engines and I never had any problem using it.

For the last 15 years I've been using Pennsoil aircooled in the air cooled engines and have encountered no problems. The Saito gas engines I run at 20:1 but everything else is 32:1.

I've used Pennsoil water cooled oil in my outboards for 45 years. One of the outboards I have had for 56 years.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: w8ye

For some 25 years I used Lawn Boy at 32:1 in my air cooled engines and I never had any problem using it.

For the last 15 years I've been using Pennsoil aircooled in the air cooled engines and have encountered no problems. The Saito gas engines I run at 20:1 but everything else is 32:1.

I've used Pennsoil water cooled oil in my outboards for 45 years. One of the outboards I have had for 56 years.

My guess would be that you know how to tune and properly run your engines. I salute you. I have run and built engines most of my life and have run engines in some rather extreme circumstances. Longevity alone shows that you know reasonable proper usage. It is really simple, isn't it? [8D]

Just goes to prove where the real answers are where oil is concerned. I get tickled over the brand wars. If there were two identical formulas and you poured the oil in two different bottles and put two different labels on the bottles people would still fight over it. This blue label oil will run a lot longer than your red label oil! That red label oil is crap! [X(]
Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

I've been using Amsoil since 1985 in,
sachs 3.1
sachs 3.2
G-62
Brison 6.4
DA 100
3W 106
BME 102
BME 44
Always at 95-1 / 1.5 to the gallon
Never ever a failure or burnup
I still own these engines except the BME 102 and the Sachs 3.1
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

ORIGINAL: Red Raider

I too was an Amsoil dealer. I had 2 brand new CRRC 26s on a Nosen 310. Took it to the field to run in the engines. I had been told that at 100:1 the engines would be fine. BS. In the first 5 minutes I had wrecked the bearings in one of the engines, and nearly torched the other. After $175 to rebuild the trashed engine, not to mention putting off the maiden flight of my new plane for a month, I dropped my dealership, and never recommend to anyone that they try to use Amsoil, or any other oil for that matter at any mixture less than 32:1. Having said that, I get 12,000 miles between oil changes in my powerstroke diesel pickup using Amsoil synthetic motor oil. It is just not possible to use that lean of a mixture no matter how good the oil. And no matter who tries to tell you.
Please don't use CRRC engines as a reference, you start with junk you'll end up with junk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.