Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

learning to fly

Old 07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
canadian_jesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default learning to fly

Ihave been flying RCheli's for a full year now, six months ago Ilearned to fly single rotor heli's, and now, six months later, Iam able to get them buzzing around the back yard, and the smaller one's, inside my basement, but I'm still a beginner, in my own opinion, Ican't do any "stunt" flying, and even when i get my heli's whipping around the back yard, Istill find myself getting them stuck in my small trees, and occationally I will loose control, and have to slowly try to bring the heli to the ground before I crash.

My question is, how long did you amautur and "pro" flyers take to learn to fly well enough to impress beginners like me? Ijust wanna know if im on the right track to be able to pull off some sick 3D stunts soon enough. And Iposted this in the E-Flite forum because all my own heli's are made by Blade, as my local hobby shop sells only that brand, which IMO, are great for people starting out like me. Im just looking to learn from those who are more learned than I am, so some good input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Scirocco14

Default RE: learning to fly

Have you visited http://www.helifreak.com/index.php ?

There's a TONof info there!

Mark
Old 07-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Mack66

You may eventually encounter the IRCHA Pilot Proficiency Program (PPP). When you go to the IRCHA site, it is confusing and I had trouble finding downloads in .pdf form. A while back I found them (these were written in 1998) so I've uploaded them for you in this note. I did finally find a link to .doc files, but that presumes you can read MS Word files. Meanwhile enjoy these. The system gives you goals to shoot for and new maneuvers to try.

Here ya go.

Mack

ps - I think they uploaded. Should be seven files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tr51497.pdf (29.6 KB, 23 views)
Ez83892.pdf (35.0 KB, 17 views)
Sx62374.pdf (33.4 KB, 24 views)
Tn32823.pdf (35.9 KB, 26 views)
Do82543.pdf (33.2 KB, 18 views)
Hy33675.pdf (32.7 KB, 10 views)
Eg78015.pdf (19.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 AM
canadian_jesus

Wow, thanks guys, Iknow about helifreak.com, Isigned up for this site because Ihave came across it more than a few times during Google searches and it has helped me before.And that pilot proficency program is great info. I didn't expect responses this good so soon. Again, thanks for the input, it is much appreciated.

And those pdf files are great.