Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

hurricane xte impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM
agepag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hurricane xte impressions

So I purchased the car on Monday, seemed pretty nice out of the box. The gentleman I bought it from was nice enough to have it charged up and ready to go. I brought it home and took it out in the backyard, maybe 2mins into it the car went straight and hit a small rock and bent the front dogbone. I was surprised how easily it bent since it was a very light hit. We figured out that I had a bad servo and was sent a new one (upgraded) and had it by Wednesday. Took apart the front end, hammered the dogbone straight and decided to take it out again, the car is really fast and almost uncontrollable, but fun to drive. I have to learn how to take a turn without rolling the car! Toward the end of my fun the car just stopped, I took of the body to find out the gear on the motor fell of, no big deal it just wasn't tighten. So I decided enough fun for the night I am going to charge the lipos so I can play again tommorow, to my surprise the charger will not work since it's not the right plug (European). Well redcat is going to send me a new charger and new dogbone, I just have to wait for them to come from the USA, I'm in Canada. I can't say I'm to impressed with the product thus far, the customer is great and I don't know if more people have had these type of problems, if so I feel bad for the distributors. Hopefully once I get the car charged up, buy acouple more batteries and beat on it more I can come back with some more reviews.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:14 AM
donhoejr

Default RE: hurricane xte impressions

Im having the same problem with mine. Only after straightin it , it bent twice more. Going to call redcat today.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM
agepag

I straightened mine out also and it bent again!  I did receive the new ones in the mail from redcat, but I have a feeling it's going to happen again.  Let me know what redcat says.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM
donhoejr

I straightin mine and noticed the front end binding alot. So i drilled the a-arm holes out .003 bigger and it seems ok now . Ive got a new set of axles coming from redcat. i also replaced the bearnings in that hub. Its still a little bent but its ok for now. Im going to the track thursday so well see what happens. Redcat told me the same thing i found.