Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Blackjack 55 how to lock the crank??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Blackjack 55 how to lock the crank??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:09 AM
EuroXS4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackjack 55 how to lock the crank??

So my brother picked up a blackjack 55 the clutch is toast as usual.So getting rid of the clutch.Trying to do everythign without having to remove the motor.I have the clutch bell off problem is I dont know if the allen that holds the clutch shoes on is reverse thread or not??anyone know??Also how can i lock the crank on the engine so i can remove the clutch shoes and the rest of the components.Tips tricks appreciated the Blackjack manual does not have or give info regarding clutch replacement or servicing.thanks guys.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Tundrahog

Default RE: Blackjack 55 how to lock the crank??

http://www.bonzisports.com/store/pro...products_id=54

There are others out there from different mfg's. Bet you can find it on ebay for a lower price.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 AM
EuroXS4

Yeah that what I figured.Very few are listed that they work on a G26PUM,but i am assuming all the G26 are the came and this tool should work.HPI uses a zenoah engine in their baja 5b Their tool is made out of brass I might just pick that one up due ot the fact that brass is a softer metal and wount damage the piston
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

use rope not metal, using a piston stop like that is a bad idea unless using it as a reference to find TDC... the center of the piston is the least structural part. Just take some small rope (I use the pull rope pulled from a weedeater, has a nice handle on one end ) and push it through the spark plug hole, just be sure it doesn't go into an exhaust or transfer port and you'll be just fine.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:46 PM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wood-clothpeg (one leg) insert into exhaust opening when the piston is down.

GENTLY turn engine CCW untill the piston hits the peg.

Treads are 'normal' .. so CCW releasing the clutchshoebolt.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 AM
danielplace

You never want to hold the engine if you can help it from the piston. You only hold a crank by the end of the crank you are working on. It is just to easy to trist the crank even more so on a two bearing engine. There is no reason or need to in order to remove the clutch hub.
Remove the two screws that hold the shoes on. Now remove the shoes and springs. Now hold the hub and loosen the hub center bolt. Use a puller behind hub with center puller bolt pushing on the loosened center bolt in hub and it will pop right off easily.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 AM
idocdave09
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you I was waiting for someone to bring this up  this is my feelings also.
Dave
Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM
EuroXS4

I dont believe the shoes are held on with screws g26 engines are different from g27 and bigger engine.I believe the G27 has the clutch shoes on screws.But I will take another look.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM
danielplace

The stock Proboat clutch only needs the shoes taken off so you don't damage them and they are only held on by the springs. Once they are off you can easily hold the rectangular hub to loosen and/or remove the center bolt. Then you pull it.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 PM
EuroXS4

Ok will do I wish the manual had more on this however all proboat are rather  vague and cover very minimal regarding servicing the engine and clutch.Thanks for your help.I am actually ditching the clutch because its nothing but a hassle and the stock one is burnt after 1 day of running on the water i will post some pics later.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
EuroXS4

Well much to my surprise the bolt that holds that regular piece seems to have backed out a little bit but not enough to turn it free im assuming the is some thread lock on that bolt.So I have the clutch shoes off however that rectangular piece is just loose there I thought there was a keyway there maybe im wrong but that would seem like a logical choice.Anyways I have a feeling im going to have to put some rope inside the cylinder or remove the pull starter to lock this motor so I can removed that bolt.