Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

caliber 30 main blades

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

caliber 30 main blades

Old 07-21-2012, 02:01 AM
micheldemeyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliber 30 main blades

Hello everyone,

Hit the dirt hard with a caliber 30, it's reasonably damaged, amongst other parts, I'll need to replace the wooden main blades. My woodies are 570mm long, is it a problem if I replace them with 600mm GF or CF blades?
I'm not sure what effect the extra 30mm will have.

Now that I took it apart, anybody with some tips on how or what to upgrade on this model?

many thanks,
best regards,
Michel
Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM
rotordoc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: caliber 30 main blades

Even athe OS37 will be rather hard pressed to turn a 600mm blade, even if your tail boom was long enough to accomodate it. The most popular size for 30 sized nitro helis are the 550mm size. I am sure you will find any of them will fly your Caliber 30 well. All you will have to do is change to a slightly higher pitch range.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts
Default RE: caliber 30 main blades

Are you measuring bolt hole to tip? 550 is correct for 30 size, www.ronlund.com should have any number of sets that will work, in you're case I'd get some mavrikks