Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:00 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

ORIGINAL: B_Krukow

Man I cant wait to order my batteries. I charged the factory batteries last nite and then went out after church today and it made a total of abought 3-5 minutes before they where dead. I have had isues with the chargers in the past not fully charging the batteries so I hope I dont end up needing new chargers as well. The one is only as old as the summit, maybee 2-3 month old and the other is maybe 6 months old. The newer one has a digital readout that says howmuch MA it has put in the battery while the old one just has a light that turns green when its done so you never realy know if it is actauly charged or if it just tripped itself out early again.
What batteries do you plan on ordering?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 PM
B_Krukow

The ones we discused a couple pages ago on this thread. SPC 8200MAh 2s 30c.
http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=61
Old 07-22-2012, 02:36 PM
thehuntingterminator

The ones we discused a couple pages ago on this thread. SPC 8200MAh 2s 30c.
http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=61
Oh, yeah. Sorry. I've heard good things about SPC, but they're still a tad expensive for my taste. I got two 5000mah 20c 2s Turnigy's for $35 shipped from the US warehouse. Pretty dang good if you ask me.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Man im glad i didnt have probs with my stock nimh batts. I still use them when i go in deep water just bc i dont want to get my $100 lipos wet just yet! Lol i bought an extra pair of the stock nimh batts and all for of them are 7 months old and i still get 30 min a pair out of them.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Man im glad i didnt have probs with my stock nimh batts. I still use them when i go in deep water just bc i dont want to get my $100 lipos wet just yet! Lol i bought an extra pair of the stock nimh batts and all for of them are 7 months old and i still get 30 min a pair out of them.
Hey it's probably a long shot but did you buy from someone off ebay called rcplusmore?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Idk it was a xmas pres from my mom. I know it was $564 with free shipping but i have no clue what seller it was???
Old 07-22-2012, 04:07 PM
thehuntingterminator

Idk it was a xmas pres from my mom. I know it was $564 with free shipping but i have no clue what seller it was???
Oh alright. Guys I'm thinking about building a custom trailer since I'm gonna be getting a big, gas boat soon. Has anyone done this? I was thinking of using aluminum angle iron, but not sure about the rest. Any tips?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Got my beautiful new servos in last night!!! If u noticed my shift servo is disconnected its bc when i was adjusting everything so the steering servos wouldnt fight each other my shift servo went out!!! FML!!!! I must be doing something wrong with these 2065 servos bc this is no S like my 8th 2065 servo in 7 months! 
Old 07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
thehuntingterminator

Got my beautiful new servos in last night!!! If u noticed my shift servo is disconnected its bc when i was adjusting everything so the steering servos wouldnt fight each other my shift servo went out!!! FML!!!! I must be doing something wrong with these 2065 servos bc this is no S like my 8th 2065 servo in 7 months!
Lol. Those servos look nice. Why don't you just replace all of them with cheap ones from hobbypartz that are made for a mini or something? They would last ten times as long.

Did I mention that I bought a brushless system for Summit?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:34 PM
pyromatic177

I believe you did. did you get the system in yet?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Well are any of them waterproof?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
pyromatic177

Well are any of them waterproof?
Good point. But! you can waterproof them yourself

Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah but i dont want to wrap them in a balloon! I like my toys and car to look good lol not rigged up! I have a slight case of ocd when it comes to most things!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:08 PM
pyromatic177

Balloon LOL. I'm talking about plasti dip for something like that. it's like a rubber or plastic that coats the servo and keeps out water
Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

So terminator post a link so i can look at the servos ure talking about please!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:29 PM
pyromatic177

Maybe he's talking about this onewww.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d220.html
Old 07-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Thats the 1 i was just looking at. Ill prob just buy a handfull of those and put silicone around it as best I can then just trash it when it breaks! Lol at this point im just tired of spending my $ on the 2065!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

I believe you did. did you get the system in yet?
Nah I didn't order it until Thursday afternoon so it probably won't be here until mid-next week. That's alright though, the stock system is still running fine and I should get the servos in first so I can install them. Here's a link to everything I have coming in this week:
-EZrun 150a ESC (wanted the 80a cuz I'm never gonna run over 4s, but they were out of stock): http://www.valuehobby.com/hobbywing-ezrun-150a-pro.html
-GForce 2200kv 1/8 motor: http://www.valuehobby.com/gforce-406...or-2203kv.html
-Valuehobby servo (got two of 'em): http://www.valuehobby.com/power-hd-1501mg.html
Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Nice! Is that still gonna be waterproof? Idk if u care but thats a big deal for me bc i love putting my summit in a creek!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM
thehuntingterminator

Nice! Is that still gonna be waterproof? Idk if u care but thats a big deal for me bc i love putting my summit in a creek!!!!
No, I don't plan on waterproofing it, but I can still play in the creek a little because I never get over an inch or two deep. Does anyone know what size bullet connectors that motor comes with? I'm pretty sure the ESC comes with 6mm, but I can't find that spec on their website. I guess I'll be calling them tomorrow...
Old 07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
B_Krukow

Ya to be honest Ime note sure its the batteries. it could be the chargers. I have had isues with both chargers randomly shutting off after only partaly charging batteries. either way around the stockers dont run near long enough for my likeing. I do most of my bashing in high range and if I get 15 minutes out of it thats abought it. I want as many mAH as posible. I intend on doing a Dewalt conversion and probobly a duel Dewalt if Ime gona do it. Its just gona have to waite a while. My wife is off work for 12 weeks on maternaty leave and my budget is a little titer than normal. I was gona get the cheap ones as well but I always try to buy quality if I can aford it cause cheap crap is just that cheap crap and usaly causes me more greif than its worth.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:40 PM
thehuntingterminator

Ya to be honest Ime note sure its the batteries. it could be the chargers. I have had isues with both chargers randomly shutting off after only partaly charging batteries. either way around the stockers dont run near long enough for my likeing. I do most of my bashing in high range and if I get 15 minutes out of it thats abought it. I want as many mAH as posible. I intend on doing a Dewalt conversion and probobly a duel Dewalt if Ime gona do it. Its just gona have to waite a while. My wife is off work for 12 weeks on maternaty leave and my budget is a little titer than normal. I was gona get the cheap ones as well but I always try to buy quality if I can aford it cause cheap crap is just that cheap crap and usaly causes me more greif than its worth.
I have two of these and they work flawlessly: http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F21942%5F%5FTurnigy%5Fnano%5Ftech%5F7600mah%5 F2S%5F40%5F80C%5FLipo%5FPack%5FTRA2869%5FSummit%5F E%5FRevo%5FE%5FMaxx%5F.html

These are the lipos ive got. Ive ran them for over an hour and never heard my low voltage alarm yet!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 PM
pyromatic177

The value hobby motor and servo look like good deals. And i have the HW ESC's so i know they're good 
Old 07-22-2012, 07:56 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

I have two of these and they work flawlessly: http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
I nearly bought one of those a while back but then I saw that it only charges @ 2.2A, I ended up buying an Imax B6 which cost me around $30 all up and it goes up to 5A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.