Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

My 450 tail jerks violently all of a sudden!?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

My 450 tail jerks violently all of a sudden!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:39 AM
helicrazedout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 450 tail jerks violently all of a sudden!?

hi guys well i will be flying along and all in fine when all of a sudden the tail just for no reason jerks violently to the right it jerks the heli about 90 degrees to the right it did it while i was about to land and i almost crashed. I am using an Align gp 750 gyro with a ds 520 tail servo and i have a Dx7 radio. thanks for any help
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: My 450 tail jerks violently all of a sudden!?

loose belt or gears to the tail?
Old 07-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Tinkman

Jerking to the right (clockwise) seems to be a gyro problem to me. A slipping belt or drive gear would cause the heli to turn left, unless the slipping is fairly constant, then occationally catches.

Joaquin
Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM
ehernan3

Your belt may also have missing teeth. I was plagued by the same problem when I "was sure the belt was fine". A later inspection revealed a few missing teeth, and when I replaced the belt, the jerk went away.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:30 AM
helicrazedout

thanks for the help, i just checked the tail belt and gears and none are stripped. i went flying today and again the tail randomly now and then jerks all of a sudden our to the right it happened twice in a flight of 10 minutes, also when i start doing more complex faster flying the tail seems very jerky i think you are right and my gyro setup could be wrong?? Could someone please explain how to properly setup a Align gp 750 gyro and ds 520 tail servo with a Dx7 transmitter please. right now i have it setup on the Gyro sense auto at 62% on the Dx7
Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Solman

I personally would trash the Align gyro. I had a similar issue once and made me crash. A few setup stuff to help out. I can recommend a very inexpensive gyro and works absolutely fantastic.
1. Make sure you are using gyro tape to hold the gyro down.
2. Inhibit the gyro function on the radio.
3. Use the gear travel adjustment to adjust your gain. The left will be your HH mode and the right will be your rate mode.
4. Use sub trim only to center the servo(make sure you are in rate mode when you do this to ensure the servo is centered.
5. Hover in rate mode. "Do not use any standard trim." Adjust the tail mechanically either moving the servo back and forth or adjust your tail control rod. Continue doing this until you can
hover it in rate mode with minor adjustments.
6. You can use the gyro menu if you have a 7 channel receiver on the DX7 and you have to plug the gain into AUX 2.