Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one that thinks Traxxas should make an E-Jato?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:19 PM
motorhead91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one that thinks Traxxas should make an E-Jato?

I've been thinking about this lately. I had a Jato but sold it a couple years ago. I absolutely loved the truck. I also owned (for a short time) a VXL Rustler. The Jato has a much better design and layout IMO....and I've seen a lot of electric conversions. The Rustler layout is good but older than RC itself. What are your thoughts? I think it would make them a decent 2wd/SC race truck (no stupid plastic axles!)
Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Am I the only one that thinks Traxxas should make an E-Jato?

Just get a Jato roller and convert it to electric..
Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 PM
motorhead91

Not my point. I'm talking factory built, dedicated Electric Jato.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you probably are. Think it through... The selling point of the Jato was the overpowered nitro engine and two speed. Any muppet can put an overpowered brushless setup in any car, and brushless doesn't need a 2 speed. Jato loses its advantage, it would be crap compared to, say, an RTR T4.1.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:41 AM
motorhead91

I understand what its original design was intended for, but it would be a nice replacement for the dinosaur Rustler chassis. It's much more tuneable and better built IMO.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

I understand what its original design was intended for, but it would be a nice replacement for the dinosaur Rustler chassis. It's much more tuneable and better built IMO.
the dinosaur rustler's parts are shared among 3 other RC's so they would not dump that seeing it requires minimal parts being manufactured(added cost) to make it, vs say making another stadium truck(not a very popular RC type) that shares parts with nothing.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:18 AM
motorhead91

True, but they could do the same thing with the Jato chassis (share it among 3 other RC vehicles).
Old 07-28-2012, 08:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

True, but they could do the same thing with the Jato chassis (share it among 3 other RC vehicles).
ok that would increase their design costs even more...
seeing they would then have to re-engineer the stampede, bandit, and slash 2wd on top of make a new ST (which very few people would buy compared to the others)
There is absolutely 0 gain for them to do this all it would do is throw R&D bills on to them, and force them to charge more for an already over priced RC to recoup the costs.
As we all know with traxxas they do the most designs with the least effort. As this idea would throw tons of effort in with least payouts its not gonna happen.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:01 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why re-invent the wheel???

U seem to think the Jato is heaps better than a rustler, why? can u explaine this?
whats wrong with the Rustler chassis? as far as i knew i can make it have camber adjustments, there are compatable rear hubs with diffrent toe, u can even change the castor with compatable blocks, im sure with a turnbuckle u coukd make t to have ankerman adjustments..... tyres can be changes, gear ratios, spring rates, shock oil..... what els would u want, its got all the TUNEABILITY

Is there anything actially wrong with it or are is it because its a older design?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

why re-invent the wheel???

U seem to think the Jato is heaps better than a rustler, why? can u explaine this?
whats wrong with the Rustler chassis? as far as i knew i can make it have camber adjustments, there are compatable rear hubs with diffrent toe, u can even change the castor with compatable blocks, im sure with a turnbuckle u coukd make t to have ankerman adjustments..... tyres can be changes, gear ratios, spring rates, shock oil..... what els would u want, its got all the TUNEABILITY

Is there anything actially wrong with it or are is it because its a older design?
probably like many people that just want change for no apparent reason. So sick of that software they change, and break stuff with revisions that worked perfect prior, automobiles they change things, and introduce new issues with a system that had none, etc... and people buy it up sadly Then its usually the people that begged for the change saying how bad it is after the company did what they did
Old 07-29-2012, 05:32 PM
thehuntingterminator

I would like to see an E-Jato, but it's all about the money. So many people forget that every RC-related company is just that- a company. And companies are formed to make money. Keep this in mind.