Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

What are your other hobbies??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:12 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What are your other hobbies??

If you all are like me, RC isn't the only hobby that occupies you time. What else do you do in your spare time? For me anything outdoors is fun for me. I love to fish, hunt, camp and kayak or any combination of these. I have been spending all my free time now (which isn't much) fishing. It has been several weeks since running any of my RC's. Here are a few recent fishing pics if anyone might be interested. Actually I just caught a couple snapping turtles from a pond today. I will be cleanign and eating one of them. Ever try turtle?

Here is a 17 pound channel cat I caught a couple weeks ago

This is a nice 21 inch smallmouth caught from a local lake

Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What are your other hobbies??

Hunting, fishing, archery, riding ATV's, building plastic models, mechanics, wood working, going to the range, and constantly increasing my collection of nice things
Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM
HJJFFFAA

Guns, computers, cars. Are women a hobby?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Linux/Computers/Hacking, Trials and Road biking I suppose. (I've got a Monty 219 X-Hydra and a Peugeot 501 Reynolds.)
Old 07-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Network security, applications deployment and various other IT related domains are my job, so I don't count them as a hobby.

My other hobbies are:

Video games (in the past to global competition level, but not any more, particularly UT2k4 and I wasn't bad at Q3 either, was GM and RL for a very good WoW guild for a while too)
Photography (I just dabble, I'm not very good)
Trekkie (yeh, I'm serious, star trek is a hobby for me)

That's about it really. I like to play golf but don't do it often enough, so I'm terrible. lol

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna have to steal one from Fahrt up there...collecting nice things. I do have a lot of nice things.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shoot guns, I used to competitively shoot skeet up until I moved. I wasn't very good, but it usually made for a pretty fun Saturday. I fish, get my Jeep muddy, consume alcohol...
Old 07-29-2012, 06:49 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Archery, biking, C++ (still learning, lots of fun), the trumpet, video games and slot cars. Slotless slot cars, like Tyco TCR to be exact.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM
DarkFire989

Computers
Guns
Snowboarding
Old 07-30-2012, 07:29 AM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: Foxy

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna have to steal one from Fahrt up there...collecting nice things. I do have a lot of nice things.
Tools, Coca-Cola collectables, and many various unusual and rare nick-nacks Always fun to visit any room in the house and see something that makes ya smile!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

keeping fish.
currently have 7 tanks I maintain in the house
2 saltwater 5 fresh water
saltwater 5 gallon, 2 gallon
Fresh 2 10's (one has a african clawed frog), 45 gallon, 30 gallon, 5 gallon

used to collect swords, but stopped that cause they took up a decent amount of room, and the ornamental ones were a PITA to clean, and keep rust free.
Also used to collect Transformers from the 80's amassed a decent sized collection over the years till I stopped 8-10 years ago.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:14 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

1:1 cars. i don't care if it's a vintage model A or a modern day tuner. just let me get a wrench on it. been screwing around with old VW's sense i was 16.

model cars. i build a lot of 1/24 scale model cars. iv got a wide variety in my collection, everything from a heavily modified 32 ford hot rod to late 90's ford trucks. but i tend to build a lot of 60's and early 70's cars. i like to do nostalgia drag racing type cars. i also build lowriders with hydraulics.
i also collect the 1/18 and 1/24 scale die cast cars. iv got a small collection mostly consisting of lamborghini's.

1/24 scale slot car drag racing. i still build them i just don't race them much anymore. in fact i don't think iv raced in in about 10 years. i have started building a couple new cars over the past few years though. all of which are currently unfinished.

guitar. and no im not any good and neither is my gear. well i shouldn't say that, my amp is pretty decent. it's my guitar that sucks. and im having problems with it. i think the tone and volume knobs are shot or something (or maybe in serious need of a cleaning). and im halfway sure the output jack isn't working correctly ether. but whatever i still play it from time to time.

BMX. i ride 80's style flatland and early 90's style street.

video games. i like the old consoles. iv got an atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, sega genesis, sega CD, atari jaguar, PS, PS2, gameboy, gameboy pocket, gameboy color, and sega nomad.

custom painting and airbrushing. kind of goes hand in hand with a couple of my other hobbies. ill custom paint just about anything. i like to play around with different effects.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
collector1231

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

video games. i like the old consoles. iv got an atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, sega genesis, sega CD, atari jaguar, PS, PS2, gameboy, gameboy pocket, gameboy color, and sega nomad.

Wow, me too! I have a PS1 Dev kit, a PS1 Slim, both Sega Genesises, used to own a JVC X Eye, it broke, so i sold it and also used to own a Saturn, i got bored of it, I own the Sega Sports Dreamcast, a Sega Game Gear, an N64, and a ton of games. I'm selling some of the games.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:09 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Playing bass guitar- mostly rush stuff, throwing boomerangs- quite good at this, but rusty since it's been a bit windy, I also Diabolo- i know about 75% of tricks and invented one, fixing up and upgrading 1/1 cars- my vette is going along, restoring and collecting antique fans- have a collection of about 11 so far, fully restored 3, fixed 5, 1 is a work in progress, all but 1 work great, I also enjoy trying to fix junk I find. I also own a couple reptiles and a snake.

Lot you can do when you don't have a girl friend/wife and just a couple friends. I enjoy my own company and am a little anti-social, but I don't mind hanging out with friends every now and then.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

got the 2600 with like 50 games, sega dreamcast, sega game gear, an atari lynx(somewhere), and every nintendo system made (even the virtual boy)*, and a few game and watches

also have a few guitars but I ROYALLY suck playing.

*I don't count the NDS XL, DSI, and 3ds XL as unique systems so those I don't have
Old 07-31-2012, 06:19 PM
collector1231

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

got the 2600 with like 50 games, sega dreamcast, sega game gear, an atari lynx(somewhere), and every nintendo system made (even the virtual boy)*, and a few game and watches

also have a few guitars but I ROYALLY suck playing.

*I don't count the NDS XL, DSI, and 3ds XL as unique systems so those I don't have
:O Atari 2600? I wish i had one. They look like fun.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 PM
narwalrus

..I play them on emulators :P
Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 AM
collector1231

lol, Narwhal. Last time I downloaded an emulator, it crashed my pc......
Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Eman77

Awesome. Someone needs to buy my PS2 then.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Oddly enough, I barely play games now, and when I do it is simple time-wasters like MineCraft and Tropico. This coming from a guy that had (growing up):

Commodore 64
Jaguar
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis and 32x
3 PS1's and a PSOne (slim)
2 original Xbox's
Now I am on my third 360 but all it gets used for lately is NetFlix
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
cumminspower5.9

I guess I have other "hobbies". When married with a 2 year old and one on the way, hobbies diminish. I love shooting guns. I shoot long range small game mostly. woodchucks, squirrels, etc. I work on cars when needed (not just for the fun of it) tho I would like to rebuild the Hyundai when I get another car; port n polish, bore it possibly, cold air intake, header, exhaust (not a rice burner sounding one tho). I sometimes play video games on the PS3, mostly Netflix. I have a guitar, but barely play it, just like to fool around on it. thats about it. I hope to own a larger fleet of rc's tho and have that just be my hobby.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
blackrain

video games, collecting anime movies and foreign films all most a thousand dvd and blurays combined. hong kong cinema martial art movies
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
aquaflight

I Seadoo and bike
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Enzyme80

Guitar, fishing, computers (both software and hardware - do them both for my job as well but I like them enough to do them at home too), and cooking. Man I love to cook.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
adamconant

Ball games outdoor and online are both acceptable.
and recently my friend get me involved in doing research in suspension insulators,since he has to publish an essay on it.
then I have to accompany him to help.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
DieHarder

Uhhhh.
Working
School
Football
Dirtbiking
Mountain Biking
Watching TV
And Playing Electric Guitar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.