Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Exhaust Bolts on the Volcano S30?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Jarod_C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Bolts on the Volcano S30?

I just got my Volcano, and I wasn't able to get a lot of the bolts out to put locktite on without doing damage to them. The plan was to run it for a little bit and check them again. My bad, lesson learned lol. So, I need to know the exhaust bolt parts numbers because I don't have the bolts to check the size anymore. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Bolts on the Volcano S30?

from looking at the schmatic on redcat's site, It doesnt look like they sell those bolts. It doesnt even seem they come with the exhaust manifold...but you could call them and check on that.

If you have a decent hardware store nearby, you can take the truck in. Most likely, its a metric machine thread. Find the section with those type of screws and find one that is the right thickness. Then its just a matter of getting the lenght right. It will take alittle work, but will cost less to buy the 2 bolts that way.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Jarod_C

Thanks for the help. I'll have to look around. Ididn't find it in the schematic either, but in their parts list they have tons of bolts on there. I bet my best best is a hardwear store also.

Edit: I saw on the RedCat website where they said the schematic is still in beta testing and some links might not work, and maybe missing parts.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 AM
NewRageRC
My Feedback: (1)

I'd definitely just take it in to a hardware store or email someone at Redcat asking specifically about that bolt. They'll almost definitely have some, even if they aren't for sale on the site.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Jarod_C

Just a little closure on this thread, I got a hold of RedCat and they told my the bolt I was looking for was 02090.