Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

monsoon xtr

Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 PM
carslover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monsoon xtr

Gentlemen, i normally can figure out what is up with my car or how to fix it myself, but my current issue i am curious if there are any little tricks that can make this easier!I cross threaded the threads on the stud that holds your wheel on, there is a little pin that holds the whole stud on, i can't figure out how to get it out, i really don't wanna have to drill it out, so if anybody has any solutions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: monsoon xtr

its probly just being stubborn. I dont believe than anything holds the pin in (except for the rubber ring)

Youll probly need a small nail set/hammer or something simillar to knock the pin out. once you get it started, then you can grab it with pliers and pull it out.

I dont see this in the exploded view, but check the inside of that stud to make sure there isnt a set/slug screw which presses against the drive pin. I know some 1/8 rigs are setup like that.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
carslover

there was a set screw in there, i removed it before i even tried to get the pin out! i think i will put it in a vise and take a quality whack at it!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: carslover

there was a set screw in there, i removed it before i even tried to get the pin out! i think i will put it in a vise and take a quality whack at it!
Ok, if you removed a set screw then its just being a pain. Ive had drive pins like that not want to come out. usually, they get ever so slightly bent...just enough to make them not want to come out.

maybe a splash of WD-40 or penetrating oil will help?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:29 PM
carslover

will give it a go around when i get home!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:39 PM
carslover

so funny story i finally got my monsoon tuned in again, and i was messing around, and my best friend walked infront of my path and i swearved to avoid him, and hit a parked cars tire with the front right wheel, for as hard as i hit i think the car came out on top, all i broke were the two A arms, ordering them tonight hopefully will be back and going soon!