Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

SH .18?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 PM
powpow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SH .18?

hello,
I have and .18 cxp and was woundering if the Sh .18 engine fill fit on to my RC? Also is it worth getting?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
szewang2805
Banned

Default RE: SH .18?

check hobbyhot, they sell SH engine too. [link=http://www.hobbyhot.com/SH-ENGINES/][/link]
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

To answer your question, yes it will fit, but make sure that you buy the one with the same crankshaft style as your old motor.  SH engines are actually pretty impressive engines and they actually make engines for alot of other name brands (XTM, Losi to name a few)  One thing that they have an issue with is quality control at the factory.  If you do buy one it is really important that you dissassemble the engine before you start it and check for left over metal shavings, but you should really do this with any brand engine you purchase, I have found metal shavings in many different brands.  Best of luck!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 AM
tragzy

wouldnt waste your money on sh engines (sh=short for ****!!)
Plaig RC sells The team infinity .21 engines for $139 AU. he is out of stock at the moment but check in the next two weeks or so and you will see it in there.. Here is a link to the engines he sells. chuck him an email and tell him what car you havee if you do not trust me.!!

http://www.plaig.com.au/store/index.php?cPath=41

The 21 is has the same size crankcase as the cxp and sh.
Promise me!! it will fit.
These engines have LOADS of power and are VERY VERY reliable..Trust Me!
These engines are Made in japan (quality made).
DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME ON ****! lol
Have a search on plaig rc forum for some peoples oppinions, pics of it installed and other stuff!!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
powpow

I just got this engine a couple days ago. Runs fast and slopy! just the way I like em. haha, anyways I just got it as a junk engine for my mod 2 wheel drive **** exceed.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:05 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

I have personally seen SH engines dominate a whole club series in 2 different classes, 1/10th stadium truck and 1/8th truggy.  So for someone to come out and call them junk, well they obviously dont know what they are talking about.  I love to watch 300-600 dollar motors try thier hardest to catch up to a cheap little SH engine and they just cant do it.  Basically what the Koreans (SH) are doing is making EXACT copies of well proven engines from other manufactors, because the design of the engine is already tested and proven to be a very powerful engine they are cutting out all of the research cost other makers pass on to their customers. If you think about it, what they are doing is pretty darn smart. Losi engines are made by SH as are the well knowen XTM 24.7 and 427 big blocks. But I have only been working with 2 stroke engines for almost 30 years now, so what do I know...  Enjoy your new engine!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TIMMAAHY

I have personally seen SH engines dominate a whole club series in 2 different classes, 1/10th stadium truck and 1/8th truggy. So for someone to come out and call them junk, well they obviously dont know what they are talking about. I love to watch 300-600 dollar motors try thier hardest to catch up to a cheap little SH engine and they just cant do it. Basically what the Koreans (SH) are doing is making EXACT copies of well proven engines from other manufactors, because the design of the engine is already tested and proven to be a very powerful engine they are cutting out all of the research cost other makers pass on to their customers. If you think about it, what they are doing is pretty darn smart.Losi engines are made by SH as are the well knowen XTM 24.7 and 427 big blocks.But I have only been working with 2 stroke engines for almost 30 years now,so what do I know... Enjoy your new engine!!!

I have to agree with you. I'm not a racer but just a hobbyist. I have several Redcats with SH engines. My .18 SH engine will destroy my HPI G3.0 any day of the week. They are very easy to tune and are not tempermental. I actually replaced my HPI carb with an SH carb and it made a world of difference. I think their reputation as junk comes from being the factory engines for Redcat, but I've had nothing but good experiences with both the engnes and the model line itself. The .28 bigblock is just an animal. I've never heard a stock motor with a stock pipe so loud. It really reminds you of an old KX 80 dirt bike. The response is excellent. I'd love to see what one of these motors would do on a lighter truck other than my Monsoon which weighs a ton.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:07 PM
8MILLSNIPER007

I think part of the reason they get a bad rep is their quality control pretty much sucks, but it is getting better.  I have found metal shavings in brand new SH engines on more than one ocassion and I even found a connecting rod in backwards on a SH .28, that would of certainly caused a failure.  If you take the time and inspect them good before you break them in and then break them in correctly they are wonderful engines.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
purenitro33

ORIGINAL: tragzy

wouldnt waste your money on sh engines (sh=short for ****!!)
Plaig RC sells The team infinity .21 engines for $139 AU. he is out of stock at the moment but check in the next two weeks or so and you will see it in there.. Here is a link to the engines he sells. chuck him an email and tell him what car you havee if you do not trust me.!!

http://www.plaig.com.au/store/index.php?cPath=41

The 21 is has the same size crankcase as the cxp and sh.
Promise me!! it will fit.
These engines have LOADS of power and are VERY VERY reliable..Trust Me!
These engines are Made in japan (quality made).
DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME ON ****! lol
Have a search on plaig rc forum for some peoples oppinions, pics of it installed and other stuff!!

So how do you suppose he's going to fit a "big block" engine in a small block engine mount? are you speaking from experience or just out your *** ? Last I checked, team infinity sold some engines manufactured by toki, talk about the worst trash ever sold in the RC world
Old 04-03-2012, 01:31 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

Tragzy-

Not too sure if you know this or not ( I am assuming not) but Team Inifinity engines are the EXACT same engine as the TOKI engines that you can buy all day long for $30-50.00 They are made in Japan by a company named Shuwa (don't think I spelled that right). I am afraid to ask you how much you paid for your "Team Inifinity" engines but if it was more than $40.00 you got screwed. Just curious how many SH engines have you had? If you are calling SH engines junk then you might as well call Rossi, picco, RB, CMB, OPSand a few other world famous engine manufactures junk as well because that is what SH is copying. Not to mention XTM, Losi, Exceed and about six other famous brands all use SH engines. I am not trying to be mean, but I get tired of people starting rumors about good products, 98% of the time the engine failed because of the users fault! The fact that you are trying to tell someone that is looking for an honest answer that a big block will fit in place of the .18 SMALLBLOCK tells me everything I need to know about you. Again not trying to rip on you, but if you don't know the right answer to the question then please dont answer the question- all that will end up happening is you will end up frustrating someone new that is just getting into this great hobby and cause the person to give up on r/c in general.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 PM
RS4PLAY

LOL 8MILL! GET EM. But I would agree with everyone here except for Tragzy. I have owned a few XTM's with the.18 and like others have said, great power and easy tuning. I would have to say it is a great engine. I have trouble keeping the front wheels on the ground. I will have to say I bought an Infinty a couple years ago and it was a decent engine too. But for and all around great engine, you cant beat the SH for the money
Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

Lol... I really didnt mean to rip on Tragzy like I did and Tragzy if you are still around I apologize. I am a nice guy HONEST!!! I am on this site to try and help as many people as I can and also to learn more myself. I dont like to see anyone talking bad about anything on this site. I have done some work on a couple of Toki engines and I was surprised at the amount of power you can squeeze out of them, the person that had me mod them paid me more for the work I did to them then he paid for the engines. I have never actually owned one and race with one so I really cannot comment on how they would be in the long haul.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 AM
purenitro33

I guess my post was a little harsh, but if your going to give information, at least make sure it's correct. I have owned and worked on the toki engines and they are trash, lowest quality materials I have ever come across. SH is much better value for the money imo.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:14 AM
racin rebel

Agree with 8MILL! My SH.18 hauls! in an XTM truck, It was first sealed with high-temp RTV, than with a good 5-6 tank break in (Traxxas style), I run Thunderbolt plugs (#3Comp.) Byron Race GEN2 Pro-driver3000 30%, my temps are about 170-190ish, Very little tuning, only if needed, Good smoke trail, instant throttle! NO bogging at all.  review my page see my set-ups. THX