Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help me deal with this guy!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default help me deal with this guy!!!

Ok, so I have an ebay store.
I sell mostly redcat, but often sell used rc's

I sold this T3: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3808&viewitem=

It sold on a sunday. I said in my ad I usually ship next day, and would ship parcel post.
I wasnt able to ship till wednesday....so I shipped it priority mail.
I got a message asking if it had shipped. I said I just had, and that it shipped priority mail.
His next message was WHATS THE HOLD UP?
I again said I had just shipped it, and messaged him the tracking number.

His next message: DUDE, I PAID THE INSTANT I WON THE AUCTION... CK MY 1400 FEEDBKS I PAY INSTANTLY, NOW WHY THE WAIT TO SHIP ? THX RBW

At this point I didnt know what he was talking about. I again told him it had shipped, and appoligized for the delay and stated I upgraded the shipping for him.

Next message: YES PAYPAL REFLECTS INSTANT PAYMENT . I DID GIVE U BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT ,BUT PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING, FEEDBK WILL REFLECT !

Yet again, I appologize, and let him know he should have it by monday the 6th.

His next message: so i really didnt pay late& u made that up ? rite?

WHAT?, I never once said he paid late!!!

Today he recieved the truck. His message today:

HI, NICE GOOD CONDITION ROLLER TOOK, STEERING BLOCK,FRONT AXLE,BALL PIN, BALL, NUT, REAR AXLE PINS(2),SHOCK OIL & SEALS IN FRONT SHOCKS, THATS ABOUT 40.00 WORTH OF STUFF, BE GLAD A LIL KID DIDNT BUY THIS GOOD COND TRUCK . WHAT DO U THINK HIS FEEDBK WOULD BE ? U R LUCKY MY PIT BOX CONTAINED ALL THESE ITEMS NEW.. U MUST DO BETTER!! , THX RBW

Now Im just ticked. this guy will probly leave neg feedback. He bought on the 29th and got it today, the 4th. thats pretty damn fast shipping right!
Second, my ad stated it needed the steering parts. The shocks are fine. They are not bent, not leaking. I never said it was "race ready". I said you could put on a new steering hub and electronics and drive.
This truck had a newly rebuilt trans, good tires and a fairly clean chassis for an older truck.

I dont even know how to respond to his last message. I was about to right some harsh stuff back to him, but my ebay store is kinda a biz and I need to keep customer satisfaction in mind as well as good feedback.

I am considering just ignoring his last email. I doubt there is anything (short of a refund) that would make this guy happy. I have sold probly 200ish used models on ebay and NEVER had someone as unreasonable as this guy.

Its not jsut me right? This guy is just out there.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Default RE: help me deal with this guy!!!

here is what I drafted as a responce:

The shocks are not bent, not leaking. I didnt say they were "race ready".
The rear drive pins must have fallen out into the box. I know they were there when I packed it up.

You should also note that in the ad it stated it needed new rear tires. However I included a pair of good wheels and tires. That is a $30 value if bought new.

I have sold over 200 used rc's on ebay. You recieved your item within a week of your payment, yet gave me a ton of crap over the date it shipped. You also accused me of saying you didnt pay on time....which I never said. I can go back threw all my messages to you, and you can do the same. I simply didnt say anything about you paying late!

I described the parts the truck needed to run. The steering hub includes the ball and stub axle.
And as already mentioned, I said it needed rear tires but included them anyway.
I never said the truck was "race ready" or "excellent" condition. I said it was good. The T3 is an older truck. To expect it to have shocks like new, no scratches and not need a part or too is not practical.
No one new to the hobby would be likely to buy a roller which already needs parts other than the electronics, nor should they.

I have a B3, it runs awsome and yet is not in as good condition as the T3 I sold you is.

I have 8 years experience in this hobby, and 4 years on ebay. I detailed what the truck needed and had plenty of pics of the truck.
You recieved the truck withing the estimated arrival time given by ebay...which was 3-9 days. 6 days.

I truely do not see any basis for the constant complaints you have sent me.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why I don't sell on ebay
one of the last things I sold was years ago
I still remember it
was selling $150 RC airplanes for $80 for xmas
some women bought one on the 20th of December paid me on the 22nd at night for UPS ground (I had in the auction ACTUAL shipping prices, and had for over night the actual cost as I shipped 10 out already most were over nighted) Then left me negative feedback saying I destroyed her kids xmas...

Last thing I tried selling was my merv ran for 5 mins with $40 in upgrades, and parts still in bags. Oonly thing not included was an ESC, and radio for $120 where bare bone rollers were at $160. I got so many stupid offers(one was for $20 shipped...) I just decided to keep it.
Told the guy with the $20 offer I'd drive it off the bridge by me before selling it for that little.

BTW I bet the guy tries to do a charge back
Old 08-04-2012, 05:05 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take the high road and let it go. I assure you when I look at feedback and see/hear about sellers getting into pissing matches with buyers, that is a red flag and I am out.

You have very strong ratings. No point jeapordizing your integrity over this. Just my 2 cents. ;-)
Old 08-04-2012, 05:44 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do get into an internet argument just say what I do: "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!" They may say something stupid and uninformed in response, but you can exit the argument and smirk from your uncanny cleverness.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 PM
celica49

Id just let it go. Wait for the feedback, and if there is an issue, i think there is a space where you can rebutt their statements. If it comes to that, then just post something there stating "upgraded shipping at no cost to buyer to compensate for delayed shipping" I dont know how much room you get to post the rebuttal though
Old 08-05-2012, 05:59 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always sell my stuff sounding like its in worse shape then it really is, and surprisingly, people bid higher when I do that and are happy when they get it. the only time I use "nice condition" is when its mint.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

thanx guys.
Ive calmed down now.
In the grand scheme of things, one negetive feedback from a person who clearly cannont be made happy doesnt really matter.

Ill just let it slide...like water off a ducks back.

Cant win them all

Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM
s7jstep1

some people are just jerks and cant ever be happy. when buying from someboday on ebay i take that into consideration and if i see a 99.9% feedback with thousands of transactions and only 4 negatives, they are probably just those type of people (im an assistant manager at a movie theater so i know first hand that there are a lot of those kind of people in this world)
Old 08-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had few sticky buyers on e-bay in the past few years. Mostly did not read the ad carefully and had to complain about something later on.
I carry a 100% positive feedback with little over 400 transaction.
I will let this looser go as well.
Good thing is that e-bay monitor all the mail exchange with in the buyer and seller when using their site.
In my case in one issue years ago they went back to the e-mail exchange and awarded me the resolution.
Just wait for a feedback and act accordingly and dispute a negative feedback if necessary.

good luck
Old 08-05-2012, 09:52 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Doomking

I had few sticky buyers on e-bay in the past few years. Mostly did not read the ad carefully and had to complain about something later on.
I carry a 100% positive feedback with little over 400 transaction.
I will let this looser go as well.
Good thing is that e-bay monitor all the mail exchange with in the buyer and seller when using their site.
In my case in one issue years ago they went back to the e-mail exchange and awarded me the resolution.
Just wait for a feedback and act accordingly and dispute a negative feedback if necessary.

good luck
indeed.

if this guy decided to file a complaint, ebay would side with me for sure. tracking number shows when it was delieverd ect.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 AM
thehuntingterminator

This is the negative side to eBay sellers. It's very frustrating selling a used RC and the buyer contacts you saying that there is a screw missing here, a scratch there, etc. It's a used RC for Pete's sake! It's impossible to describe everything yet so many buyers expect us as sellers to. For example a guy bought my decently nice brushless Micro SCT the other day. First he contacts me saying that there were a couple of missing screws but he'd be understanding. Then he said that the ESC doesn't work! What?! I drove that thing up into the day I shipped it just about and it never missed a beat. This is another problem: buyer doesn't know how to use the product he/she buys and then acts like its the buyers fault! Almost not even worth being on eBay especially dice their fees have gotten just stupid...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:41 AM
FreakyDude

I would leave negative feedback on him. I check feedback but if you are 100 percent, I wonder as there are lots of people that you just can't satisfy at any time.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:44 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Ebay sucks for sellers, and is getting worse.  [:'(]
Old 08-05-2012, 12:17 PM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

EddieC hit it right on the head.  Ebay has taken away the seller's ability to rate the buyer so ANY buyer can hammer a sale for any reason and ruin a perfectly good sellers record in no time. 
The seller has no recourse.  Ebay knows they have the market cornered on internet selling and you play it their way or no way. PLUS you cough up 10% of the sale, like it or not. 
It's obvious this sale is going to a buyer that is missing a whole bunch of marbles and you're going to get a negative feedback.
Respond with just what you told us.  You missed the next day shipping so you sent it expedited.  There's not a lot of text you can put in the response so let your buyers know your intent was good, buyer as a soda jerk.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Im not gonna respond.

this guy may just like to argue, and may be more likely to leave neg feedback if I continue to respond to his messages.

It is silly that ebay wont let me (as the seller) leave neg feedback for him.

I have had buyers have ligitimate complaints before. Im human, i make mistakes. but I will always do whats needed to correct, even if that means taking a loss.

But in this case I didnt make a mistake, he got it on time and in the condition pictured and listed.

I have sold well over 500 items in the past year and this is the 1st time I have had an unreasonable customer...so I guess I cant really complain. 1 out of 500+ aint bad.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

ebay doesn't do anything to protect the sellers, i've been taken for over 600.00 on 3 different buyers on rc engines, just because you send the items with a confirmation or tracking # doesn't mean diddly to ebay/paypal, everyone of the buyers claimed they didn't receive the item and i'm out the motors plus the refunds i gave plus all the associated ebay and paypal fees that went with those 3 transactions. will never ever use ebay for anything again, its nothing short of crooked business to sell on ebay
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: avidflyguy

ebay doesn't do anything to protect the sellers, i've been taken for over 600.00 on 3 different buyers on rc engines, just because you send the items with a confirmation or tracking # doesn't mean diddly to ebay/paypal, everyone of the buyers claimed they didn't receive the item and i'm out the motors plus the refunds i gave plus all the associated ebay and paypal fees that went with those 3 transactions. will never ever use ebay for anything again, its nothing short of crooked business to sell on ebay
really?

I had a buyer say the didnt recieve a redcat truck. but the fedex number showed it had. the buyer opened a case against me. I gave ebay/paypal the tracking number and 24 hours later the cased was closed in my favor.

If you have a valid tracking number, then the buyer saying it didnt come shouldnt mean crap. once the package is in the hands of fedex, usps, ups your job as the seller has been done. If its lost by the shippinig company you shouldnt have to pay.

It does SERIOUSLY help to put insurance on EVERY package you ship. I am still kinda lazy and dont do it unless the item is worth over $100 tho.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:23 PM
turbojoe
My Feedback: (8)

Your situation is exactly why I so seldom sell anything anywhere. eBay and PayPal rape you for fees and I just don't trust buyers for the reasons you experienced. That being said I recently sold three kits there without issue other than my money being held for 6 days after item receipt by the buyer because I hadn't sold anything there in so long. RC Groups classified section is populated with whiners that want everything for free and selling there is a last resort for me. I have sold here on RCU in the past and had no problems. Seems to be a more mature crowd here. Maybe I'll start posting up some items here for sale soon.

Joe
Old 08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: turbojoe

Your situation is exactly why I so seldom sell anything anywhere. eBay and PayPal rape you for fees and I just don't trust buyers for the reasons you experienced. That being said I recently sold three kits there without issue other than my money being held for 6 days after item receipt by the buyer because I hadn't sold anything there in so long. RC Groups classified section is populated with whiners that want everything for free and selling there is a last resort for me. I have sold here on RCU in the past and had no problems. Seems to be a more mature crowd here. Maybe I'll start posting up some items here for sale soon.

Joe
yeh, rcu's marketplace has 98% good people. I lost count of how many trades, sells and buys Ive made on rcu.

ebay over all isnt that bad IMO. yes, there fees are a bit high, but then your ad gets viewed by a much wider group they it can anywhere else.

Paypal I couldnt live without. Last time I paid with a money order for an RC I got scared half to death when the guy kept saying he never recieved it. turned out his little sister had gotten the mail and not given it to him.
But with paypal payment is instant, recorded and you have proof. No chance of the buyer saying he didnt recieve. and you dont have to wait for the seller to get the check and then cash it. that can add alot of time to the deal.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

Welcome to eBay....
Old 08-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

here is what I drafted as a responce:

The shocks are not bent, not leaking. I didnt say they were ''race ready''.
The rear drive pins must have fallen out into the box. I know they were there when I packed it up.

You should also note that in the ad it stated it needed new rear tires. However I included a pair of good wheels and tires. That is a $30 value if bought new.

I have sold over 200 used rc's on ebay. You recieved your item within a week of your payment, yet gave me a ton of crap over the date it shipped. You also accused me of saying you didnt pay on time....which I never said. I can go back threw all my messages to you, and you can do the same. I simply didnt say anything about you paying late!

I described the parts the truck needed to run. The steering hub includes the ball and stub axle.
And as already mentioned, I said it needed rear tires but included them anyway.
I never said the truck was ''race ready'' or ''excellent'' condition. I said it was good. The T3 is an older truck. To expect it to have shocks like new, no scratches and not need a part or too is not practical.
No one new to the hobby would be likely to buy a roller which already needs parts other than the electronics, nor should they.

I have a B3, it runs awsome and yet is not in as good condition as the T3 I sold you is.

I have 8 years experience in this hobby, and 4 years on ebay. I detailed what the truck needed and had plenty of pics of the truck.
You recieved the truck withing the estimated arrival time given by ebay...which was 3-9 days. 6 days.

I truely do not see any basis for the constant complaints you have sent me.
You wrote a very nice, and thought-out letter. But I would suggest that you not send it. It appears that the person you are dealing with, doesn't have the intelligence to read or comprehend. From the sound of his replies, it doesn't sound like he understood anything you wrote, or didn't even read your emails! I think it's best to leave it alone, block the idiot from being able to buy from you, and hope he doesn't leave negative feedback for you. Hopefully, he will just go away.

PS
E-bay-of-pigs sucks. I never liked the thought of dealing with them as a buyer, and especially as a seller. Their fees are many, and excessive.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: avidflyguy

This is completely incorrect. There is more to this story.

If you ship with DC (Delivery Confirmation) and it shows delivered on any item less than $249.99 and a buyer claims non-receipt, eBay / Pay Pal will support the seller and you will NOT lose your money. But it has to show delivered. In the event USPS or whomeever lost the package for real and it does NOT show delivered, then yes you will be responsible to refund the buyer since it is the sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer. So you file an insurance claim and get your money back. You lose nothing, unless you didn't insure it. Then that is on you.

In the event you sold & shipped an item over $249.99 you had better get signature confirmation. As long as it is signed for, you will NOT be required to refund the buyer on an INR claim no matter what the buyer claims. But even with sig confirmation, if it does not get delivered, then yes you will be responsible to refund the buyer since it is the sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer. So you file and insuranc claim and get your money back. You lose nothing, unless you didn't insure it. Then that is on you.

Everyone who claims "eBay does nothing to protect the sellers" is just mis-informed or they have not educated themselves on teh requirements by eBay & Pay Pal policy.

What makes me an "expert" on this? I have been selling on eBay since 1999. Since 2005 it has been as a business and since 2008 as a primary form of business generating over 7 figures a year between 3 eBay businesses. I deal with this all the time. If you know the eBay / Pay Pal seller protection policies, you will be fully protected. If you just throw some stuff in boxes and ship it without knowing what is required of you, well then you run the risk of the "learning curve". We have all been there....

Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

PS
E-bay-of-pigs sucks. I never liked the thought of dealing with them as a buyer, and especially as a seller. Their fees are many, and excessive.
How do you figure their fees are many and excessive?

Try opening a brick & mortar retail store and compare the eBay fees that allows you to reach millions of potential customers versus all the costs of running a store and reaching a 10 - 15 mile customer base radius.
I spend 5 figures a month in ebay fees. Is it excessive? It is cheaper by a factor of 3 over a store of comparable size to do that volume of business that we do.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
clackey02

I sell on eBay alot and we take pics of all missing and broken parts, but some people are a pain. We are sure to say that everything needs a good once over and tuned for your area if Nitro. Also we don't do refunds it is as is. I hope this helps. We have however given like a 5 or 10 credit if I overlook something that I feel bad about or if its a lot of money., Good luck and 1 bad feedback is not that bad with RCs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.