Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

multiplex Royalevo

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Luke 3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiplex Royalevo

does anyone have any news about the new Royalevo transmitter from multiplex?In particular I am interested in how much it costs as I can't find its price anywhere
Thanks very very much to anyone kind enough to help!
L.s
Old 09-26-2002, 06:34 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Prices for the USA!

45300 ROYAL evo9 transmitter w/o HF-Module $499.00
45320 ROYAL evo12 transmitter w/o HF-Module $750.00
45695 RF Module RF-S 72MHz $150.00

There was a pre-order deal on the Evo-9 for a short while which was a little cheaper. I almost jumped on it but decided to wait until more details about the packaging and final software features become known.

Its due out in the US sometime in November.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:33 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I REALLY DO WISH SOMEBODY AT MULTIPLEX WOULD GET THEIR PRICING AND MARKETING STRADEGY IN ORDER IN THE USA!!! I love their product--but $900 for a trans----IS ANYBODY OUT THERE LISTENING?????
Old 09-26-2002, 09:37 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

$900 for 12 channels sounds like a bargain. We get charged £1000 or $1500 for a Futaba 8+1 ZAP.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:14 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Remember - MPX stuff is developed in Germany then exported to the US. The dollar and Euro are near parity right now so no savings there. Its a new product... someone has to pay for the R&D, certification, etc.

MPX dealers in the UK have the Evo9 with module listed at £338 ($526). The 12 channel version with module is listed at £482 ($751). MPX USA's prices seem to be a bit high...
Old 09-26-2002, 10:25 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

The biggest problem with Multiplex is that the two RC distributor giants - Horizon and Hobbico - both have a "house brand" that they promote: JR and Futaba respectively. Hitec and Airtronics have trouble getting into the big leagues in sales mostly because of this. The German radio distributor(s) here in the USA just don't have the money to build a decent dealship network.

It doesn't matter how good your products are. If you can't promote and build volume, you'll stay a nobody. Competition is good for the consumers, but Multiplex USA just can't seem to even bring a car to the starting grid.

I hope AceHobby will grow to No.3 and give the two Giants a run for our money.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:06 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have been saying this for years

It doesn't matter how good your products are. If you can't promote and build volume, you'll stay a nobody
--very well said, my friend!
Old 09-27-2002, 05:12 PM
HarryC

Originally posted by visioneer_one
MPX dealers in the UK have the Evo9 with module listed at £338 ($526). The 12 channel version with module is listed at £482 ($751)
Unfortunately the prices are something of a fantasy and the shops have not got any for sale yet. Mpx has totally screwed up the production scheduling and let the marketing dept. promise a radio a year before it went into production. When it finally appears let's see the prices then!

Harry
Old 08-04-2012, 07:11 AM
roadtrip

Default RE: multiplex Royalevo

These posts are really old, but I can't seem to find a current on my subject. I have the Royal Evo12 in mode 1 and want to find out if it can be converted to mode 2. I'm in Germany and will be moving back to the states soon. Also, do I need to change the hardware from 35 Mhz to 72 Mhz?[]
Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: Volfy

I hope AceHobby will grow to No.3 and give the two Giants a run for our money.
You might want to follow the news and see who owns Ace nowadays...

BTW, both Horizon and Hobbico sell Hitec radios.

Andy
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Pippin

MPX is owned by Hitec.

Most of the MPX gear is made in Asia, especially for the overseas markets. Some items are still made in Germany and developed by a French guy. In this case you can read it somewhere outside the Rx or Tx.

Strange that MPX has only a small footprint in the US. I would expect Hitec behind this.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 AM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: roadtrip

These posts are really old, but I can't seem to find a current on my subject. I have the Royal Evo12 in mode 1 and want to find out if it can be converted to mode 2. I'm in Germany and will be moving back to the states soon. Also, do I need to change the hardware from 35 Mhz to 72 Mhz?[]
Multiplex Tx are not made in a fixed mode like Asian radios, so all you need to do is select mode 2 in the software. See the instruction manual.
afaik, 35Mhz is not legal for model aircraft in the USA so you need to get a 72Mhz module, or go to 2.4Ghz. HitecUSA is now the distributor for Multiplex in the USA but doesn't want competition for its radios so has not applied for FCC certification for M-Link 2.4GHz, thus effectively killing off Mpx radios in N America. However HitecUSA has offered a way to put its 2.4GHz module into the Royal radios, see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1125154
Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I think the major reason Hitec did not apply for FCC certification is nobody wants to buy one.
I have an EVO 12 and it takes me a couple of days of study every time I want to do something.
The manual is little help. There are places where the German has not been translated.
If Multiplex wants to sell in the US they need to hire someone in the US to write the manual like the Asians do. I don't think Multiplex really cares about the US market.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 AM
HarryC

Prior to HitecUSA taking over the US distribution, the distributor Karlton Spindle seemed happy enough at the sales level prior to the Royal going on sale, and the Royal outsold the Profi by many times. The radio forum had lots of N American users of the Royal, in comparison to the Profi series. Things were going very well in the right direction for them in the USA until HitecUSA was forced into being the distributor and brought it to a halt.

Most people found the radio very easy and logical to program in comparison to the muddled jumble of the Asian radios. Once you get the concept and stop trying to force it to behave like the awful JRtaba software, many people threw the manual away, not needed. The manuals aren't great, but if the Asian radio manuals are so good as you claim then why do Americans make a living writing third party manuals for Asian radios like Anne Marie-Cross, Harry Higley etc. Multiplex did care about the US market, Karlton Spindle had a big hand in designing the Royal.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
dirtybird

I did not say the Asian manuals were great. They aren't. But at least they employ people that write American, so I don't find I have to spend time trying to figure out what they mean.
BTW I once had an English Triumph motorcycle. I remember reading in that manual " The petrol line should be earthed to the chassis". I could understand but I sure thought it was funny.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM
FSki

Re MPX Royal Pro manual, I must admit I've not found it too bad and on the Multiplex web site there is tutorial written by Joedy Drulia ( from the US) available as a free download which is quite good at explaining the different approach to programming to the Asian radios, but then again I previously had a Multiplex Coxkpit Sx which is a halfway house programming wise.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

If Multiplex wants to sell in the US they need to hire someone in the US to write the manual like the Asians do.  
Gads, please, no!   I get what you mean tho...

Triumph? I had a 500 TT way back. Came with 'spanners' too.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
dirtybird

I have Joedy's tutorial. All 1200 pages of it. It does help.
I keep hearing that the Multiplex has a better approach to programming. If so why is it necessary to have a 1200 page tutorial?
I have never seen a tutorial of any kind for an Asian radio.
There is also 4 huge threads on RCG discussing the Multiplex.
I use it because its the only radio that you can change the plane of operation on the control sticks. Since I fly holding the transmitter in my hands and mode 2, it eliminates getting down elevator with a right turn and up elevator with a left turn.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 PM
ChuckA

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

I have Joedy's tutorial. All 1200 pages of it. It does help.
I keep hearing that the Multiplex has a better approach to programming. If so why is it necessary to have a 1200 page tutorial?
There is also 4 huge threads on RCG discussing the Multiplex.
I use it because its the only radio that you can change the plane of operation on the control sticks. Since I fly holding the transmitter in my hands and mode 2, it eliminates getting down elevator with a right turn and up elevator with a left turn.
Since 1996, I have owned Airtrnics, Futaba, and Hitec transimitters before switching to the Evo five years ago. I never understood the LOGIC behind the Asian probramming methods and always had to carry the manual in the toolbox. I had trouble remembering which combinations of buttons need to be pressed in what order to program them. I switched to Evo five years ago and understand the logic behind it's programming. It took a while to unlearn all the bad habits from previous radios and haven't needed the Evo manual except when I had to write a new mixer. In fact, I don't know exactly where my Evo manual is.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 PM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: dirtybird
You've not been looking then!
http://www.harryhigley.com/Books1.htm
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZHG4
http://shop.traplet.com/product.aspx?c=12
http://www2.ripmax.net/Futaba_Information/Futaba_8FG(S)_Glider_Programming.pdf
http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...amming-air.pdf
http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...mming-heli.pdf
http://h1073477.hobbyshopnow.com/Pro...s/p51setup.pdf
Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 AM
HarryC

duplicate
Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 AM
dirtybird

That's right I haven't been looking. Didn't need to.
To be fair I haven't had a new transmitter since I bought the Evo. I am still trying to figure that thing out.
Those "tutorials" sure can't compare to Joedys. Is it Joedy or the transmitter?