Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Ok all you Super Tigre Afficionados out there

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Ok all you Super Tigre Afficionados out there

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Papa51
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok all you Super Tigre Afficionados out there

I need help with some specific information on the Super Tigre engine in the photos. On the exhaust side of the cylinder it says "Series X G.60". On the other side it says "Made in Italy by Super Tigre". It has a crankcase vent but it is plugged and not being used in the old Aeromaster Biplane in which it is mounted. I can recall years ago that it hauled that old "heavy" Aeromaster around the sky with quite a lot of authority. I would like to get some idea as to the vintage of the engine and whether it is anything special as Super Tigre engines of that vintage go. I have looked on-line but all of the similar looking "Super Tiger .60 Bluehead" engines I could find had a large, rather conspicuous bypass port running up the side of the cylinder. This one has nothing of the sort. Since this one has a bolt-on front end, I would like to get it running, rotate the front end 90 degrees so it will run in "reverse" and use it in a pusher aircraft. What kind of performance can I expect from this engine? Any information you guys can give will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25923.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1790292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17327.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1790293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17979.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1790294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd89646.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1790295  
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ok all you Super Tigre Afficionados out there

The X-series were racing engines, not to be confused with the "bluehead" of the 80-ies, which had PDP porting.
You will get good power from it if the piston/liner set is still OK. Reversed running, power is slightly less.