Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Official XTM Monster MT Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 AM
MMT GUNS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

ORIGINAL: Bad67bird

lol yup it does and its strooooooong....the aftermarket parts are available thru hobby people....the shocks are the same with different oil and springs.the clutch is a 3shoe aluminum clutch,the servos are airtronics 94358's,better bearings thru out,the wheels are from a mammoth st,tires are proline mulchers 40 series,bumpers and skit plates are from a regualr mammoth.......easily done...look back in my post at global xtm and i posted the list of differences. if you have any questions just pm me
Awesome thanks Bad61bird, so all this time I had all that aluminum aftermarket parts in front of my face [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] oh!! boy I'm starting my new list, OMG I just hope my wife doesn't fined it. [sm=confused_smile.gif]

One question dough? do you think a Mammoth roll cage fit the MMT? thanks again. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Bad67bird

no it wont fit,as it stands HBZ has been working on one ,but has yet to produce it.i wrote to jason back in december and was told they were still working on it,but hey the top pops right back out and ive only broken two body posts,so ya dont need a cage
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
rclynx

Should have asked MMT GUNS, there are even more swap overs from the Mammoth ST and the MMT comes stock with the 459 .28, the 457 6 port is there after market rocket.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Bad67bird

hey rclynx,i agree with ya lol,you have had one for awhile longer i do believe.............
i know the losi axles should be used....is there a better diff set i can use?
the previous owner trashed three sets and i dont wanna go thru that.
have you run across diferrent bodies for the MMT?
Sorry for all the questions,but my other sources arent givin up any info[:'(]
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
rclynx

hey rclynx,i agree with ya lol,you have had one for awhile longer i do believe.............
i know the losi axles should be used....is there a better diff set i can use?
the previous owner trashed three sets and i dont wanna go thru that.
have you run across diferrent bodies for the MMT?
Losi Axles work but the problem is in the QC for the stock CVD's,
I don't put one on the ground without pulling the axles, remove the
set screws that hold the pin and install fresh blue lock tite, torque
the hell out of them and there fine. Differentials don't get much
better than the XTM 1/8, another QC thing to take care of first hand,
shim them properly and install some real silicon oil they hang with
the best. Problem with differentials busting is that 2 speed transmission
that is solid as a rock. If they would make a center differential to fit
that big Momma there wouldn't be a problem with breaking. Ask the
guys with HPI 3 speeds that jump or LST jumpers that land wrong [X(]
no difference.
As for the bodies I have only toyed with the idea of one and it will
change the whole look of it. Its going to happen before June so I can show
it off, Crowd Pleaser 2 with Mammoth ST tires. Bumpers etc will come after
the body is fit on there, Might be changing shock towers to accomidate the low
profile body [8D] I haven't had a chance to throw any other bodies on top
of it to check it out but I will good luck and HAPPY RC'en
Old 04-12-2009, 04:26 PM
grndlvl

anyone know the factory settings for a xtm 457?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:17 PM
rclynx

1mm open idle screw, HSN 3.5 turns out / lean from there, hold the throttle wide open, screw LSN in all the way and back out 3 turns (factory starting places) will still have to be adjusted after that [:-]
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
morallo

Does any one know of any aluminum suspension arms becouse iv side swiped a dirt pile and they just snaped clean off lol only thing holding them on was the dam shaft, iv had to replace them once and now just replaced my hubs, trying to get some aluminum hubs but it seems Hobby People dont deliver to the UK .
Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 AM
rclynx

LOL damn that guy at XTM-dealer.com he's sure slow at posting things..............bet he has some sitting in front of him right now...............LOL.......rear anyway his front sold already [&:]
Old 05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Bad67bird

well here is how the stocker i picked up turned out:

link to bigger pics:

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...eaT%20Project/
Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
morallo

wow ur tube's are long...
Old 01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Mednabor

I really gotta say, theres some nce picturesof the MMT on here. Personally, in my opinion, the MMT is amazing.
Im running totally standard, of course there is some problems,such as the whole electronics (receiver, Transmitter, battery, throrrle, Crystals) all goin kaput randomly after 2 weeks from opening it[&:]. My Driveshaft breaking, and My hubcarriers breaking.
Its amazing when its going, has beat off a CEN GST 7.7, GSR 5.0, Nemesis 7.7, Thunder tiger ts-4n plus and more. On and off road. It even took a brand new CEN CT4-R tuned pretty well, The torque just swept the CT4away and top end speed is summit else.
I must admit, I have absolutely bashed it and not much has broke, eg. powersliding into walls, falling 10 feet upside down then flipped over and drove off, not a problem. Compared to others, mine seems to be doing well.
Mednabor
Old 01-18-2010, 06:27 AM
rcbeep73

I have not had mine out in a long time. Been to busy racing and not bashing. But maybe when the warmer weather comes I might take it out.

The last time I broken the metal spur gears! I was doing some crazy stuff around the house. It's all good.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
luke.jordan123

Hi, Mate i got my xtm mmt on ebay second hand a few weeks ago and still not got it running. it starts ok but the motor just screams and sounds like its going to blow! and when i pull the trigger on the controller the car hardly moves and just sounds worse so have to cut it out.Any ideas?? Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 AM
midntpumkin

well here is a update of my xtm mmt , the rear aluminum a arm pin holder will bend and not hold the a arm pins in anymore , the a arms will break if they clip a side or the tire lands on one wheel hard and i mean hard off a 15ft jump.
that is all all in all it runs strong the xtm 28 stilll going strong after 3 gallons of 20% its one of the best and fastest and biggest in my fleet.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:58 AM
rcbeep73

ORIGINAL: luke.jordan123

Hi, Mate i got my xtm mmt on ebay second hand a few weeks ago and still not got it running. it starts ok but the motor just screams and sounds like its going to blow! and when i pull the trigger on the controller the car hardly moves and just sounds worse so have to cut it out.Any ideas?? Thanks

Pull the motor out and check your clutch.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 PM
nastyboys727

is it a st form
Old 12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
newguy3

I was wondering if someone could help me out? 
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
nastyboys727

i got one now i fond a new one
Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
RCKen2

well done
Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
NBCTANK

Hello
I'm just coming back from my RC coma. Trying to catch up on this MMT topic. Didn't know there was one outside of the Global Hobby forum. (I recognize a couple of you here, howdy). I still have my MMT from the beginning. My first, running, nitro was the XTM Original Mammoth I bought at the Hobby people Scratch and dent sale back in 2004. Went out bashing with a couple of Savage guys. Most of the time out, I'm trying to break something, they were trying to start theirs. In a race NO comp. Mammoth smoked them. I finally broke a wheel hub when I hit a concrete slab half buried in the dirt. The Body was done.

From then XTM was my brand of choice. I got most of the XTM trucks and buggies here and there over the years up to the MMT before I took an RC break.
I seen a lot of complaints about breaking parts, but a lot of it can be attributed to driver's error. Crash is self explanitory.
There some for size, such as the front universal pins breaking. Of course they are going to break more when running on streets. That a lot of torque and grab between the motor and asphalt. Something has to give. To fix/prevent if you are a street basher, run the same dogbone set up in the fron as in the rear.

I'm running mine with the XTM 457, the .28 modded port and the reverse module on it.

The .28 is in one and the 457 is in the other.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 AM
brettjr79

Hey can someone help me out. Im new to any rc truck and I really need a few sets of tires for xtm mmt. I now about the the big joe 40 series but where and what kind of rims do I use or look for. Also someone said there is a street tire that fits on the stock rim. I believe they were called veiros, but dont mark my words.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:35 AM
andy91

Hi,

I'm another Mammoth monster truck owner. At the moment i own two standard (running) trucks which i've only ever had problems when i flipped it and bent the shock tower. Providing you don't crash them,they are a very reasonable truck especially if you buy second hand. Plus i've only had problems with the second gear stripping itself after about an 1 hours driving. I think my motor isn't straight!;-/

Ihave a 3rd truck, in chassis form. Parts its missing is motor, hubs/suspension/shocks, bodyshell.... The plan for this truck was to turn it into a brushless electric truck! Although, I've no idea on how to do this. I was planning on using cheap parts to get it running then upgrade in future. Or if that fails. I was going to fit the biggest motor i could find! ;-D

Ideally, I'd like a savage or something but I'm perfectly fine with the xtm. I don't race it, just on muddy/grassy/gravel fields. For what they are, cheap and fun!

I do live in the UK and parts for these trucks is scarse and certain local shops tend to over charge for the parts. So i have to source online !
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM
NBCTANK

In the UK, the XTM distributors are Ripmax. I heard they still have parts for some of the discontinued trucks here.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:49 AM
firemanak

Hi I am new to the RC Nitro world, thinking I was getting a deal, I bought a Xtm mmt 1/8 monster truck, ready to run, after adding a receiver and the controller, found out there was parts missing and parts broken.. My local hobby shop, said he would see if he can find me parts, but he didn't sound like he could... Anyone bought parts in last 3 months? from where? Thanks
Oh awesome, is the user manual only thing for rebuilding your truck, after tearing it down to the frame?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.