Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Binding receiver in Spektrum radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 PM
dapam03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Binding receiver in Spektrum radio

Can you bind the receiver to the Spektrum Dx7 with the servos hooked up? I had a servo burnt up on me. I was wondering if that was the cause.
thanks for replying.
Dapam03
Old 12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Default RE: Binding receiver in Spektrum radio

Doubt it very much. I've always bound my RX with the servos connected. Never had a problem.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In fact, after you have your airplane set up and the servos/flight controls properly set, you are supposed to re-bind to set the fail safe control postions. This is(can be) done with the servos connected.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:01 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

I ran into a situation where I had to use a Voltage Regulator, because I was using a LiPo Rx battery. Because the Voltage Regulator is located between the Switch Harness and the Rx, you cannot bind through the Charging Jack. I had to install a Y harness, plugged into the Bat/Bind port, and use one side of the Y for the Voltage Regulator and one side for the Bind Plug.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
dapam03

Thanks for the help. This site is excellent for getting information.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 PM
ajay1

I have last week purchased a Spektrum DX-18 Transmitter and want to BIND 2 Spektrun AR-9300 Receivers
to be used in one model.

I have repeatedly tried but always either the first Rx binds OR the second Receiver Binds but both Never bind together with the Tx.

Is it possible to Bind 2 Receivers together with the DX-18 Tx so they can be used in 1 model.

"
I have used a Spektrum Transmitter Module on my Futaba 14 MZ for the past 4 years and this easly binds 2 or more
Receivers to the Tx for use in a single model without any problem.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: ajay1

I have last week purchased a Spektrum DX-18 Transmitter and want to BIND 2 Spektrun AR-9300 Receivers
to be used in one model.

I have repeatedly tried but always either the first Rx binds OR the second Receiver Binds but both Never bind together with the Tx.

Is it possible to Bind 2 Receivers together with the DX-18 Tx so they can be used in 1 model.

''
I have used a Spektrum Transmitter Module on my Futaba 14 MZ for the past 4 years and this easly binds 2 or more
Receivers to the Tx for use in a single model without any problem.
You need to Bind one Rx at a time, one after the other, and they need to be the same Type (DSM2 or DSMX)
Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 AM
ajay1

Thanks Rich-Just tried binding as suggested by you, However everytime I bind the second Receiver, the first Receiver loses its binding.
Tried it 4 times from Rx 1 to 2, and then in reverse order also, but ended up with the same result.
Only 1 Rx stays Bound-Not both.
Ajay.
[email protected]
Old 08-10-2012, 06:11 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: ajay1

Thanks Rich-Just tried binding as suggested by you, However everytime I bind the second Receiver, the first Receiver loses its binding.
Tried it 4 times from Rx 1 to 2, and then in reverse order also, but ended up with the same result.
Only 1 Rx stays Bound-Not both.
Ajay.
[email protected]
Are you Binding Rx1, removing the Bind Plug, powering down Rx1, Binding Rx2, removing the Bind Plug, powering down Rx2, then powering up both Rx's? The Tx will leave it's GUID in memory on each Rx and the Rx's will leave their Type in memory on the Tx. Both must be DSM2 or both must be DSMX.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

You've got this question scattered among several forums. As I mentioned in one of the other forums which cannot be mentioned here on RCU.....

I don't have the exact tx/rx you're using but all the others I've used work the same way.

There's something else going on here that you're overlooking. You CAN bind multiple rx's to Spektrum/JR 2.4GHz tx's, more than two if you want. You can do it one at a time or both at the same time so I'm not sure what your issue is if you're following the method Rich mentioned?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:44 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

You've got this question scattered among several forums. As I mentioned in one of the other forums which cannot be mentioned here on RCU.....

I don't have the exact tx/rx you're using but all the others I've used work the same way.

There's something else going on here that you're overlooking. You CAN bind multiple rx's to Spektrum/JR 2.4GHz tx's, more than two if you want. You can do it one at a time or both at the same time so I'm not sure what your issue is if you're following the method Rich mentioned?
He wrote to inform me that setting the Frame Rate to 22ms and forcing the Tx Mode to DSM2 resolved the problem.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The problem is more likely that he didn't use two of the same receiver. If one is an AR9300 and the other an AR9310 then that explains the problem.

I have two AR8000's bound to the same model and functioning fine together, one with telemetry, at 11ms DSMX. It works because they're two of the same.

He's been e-mailing me too. When I had him go to DSM2 on a hunch that he had mixed receiver types, he then changed to 22ms to get things together. That makes it pretty obvious that he doesn't have two of the same.

Andy
Old 08-11-2012, 06:37 PM
ajay1

On rechecking,I discovered that I am working with an AR-9310 and AR-9300. Previously and even now, I am not able to bind both Rx with a selection of DSMX and 11 Ms even though i have selected 9310 positively.
Is there any harm if continue with DSM2 and 22 MsWill the DSMX and 11 Ms selection give a superior radio link.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
ajay1

Andy,You have been right all along-Just now I have Binded 2 AR-9310 Rx sameltaneously with a selection of DSMX and 11 Ms. The problem earlier was that earlier when this binding was not successful 2 of the satellites I had used were for some unknown reason not flashing/blinking in the bind mode - Now having changed these 2 satellites,everything instantly worked as intended.
Both the satellites are new, and they work/operate fine with my AR-9300, BUT they DONT operate with my 9310.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:32 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

You can only use DSMX remotes (or satalites) with DSMX recievers, DSM2 remotes with DSM2 recievers.

You can't mix and match remote recievers with main recievers and you can't bind one DSM2 and one DSMX reciever unless you force everything to DSM2
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

The problem is more likely that he didn't use two of the same receiver. If one is an AR9300 and the other an AR9310 then that explains the problem.

I have two AR8000's bound to the same model and functioning fine together, one with telemetry, at 11ms DSMX. It works because they're two of the same.

He's been e-mailing me too. When I had him go to DSM2 on a hunch that he had mixed receiver types, he then changed to 22ms to get things together. That makes it pretty obvious that he doesn't have two of the same.

Andy
Well that's good to know, from what he posted over on the forum that shall not be named....

He indicated he'd talked to you and left the impression that the DSMX system would not support dual rx's in the DSMX mode. Didn't make a lot of sense to me when I read it but this explanation of his difficulties makes much more sense.