Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Not me, I use my welfare checks that I usually sell for .50 on the dollar, then I sell my free health care to anyone I can find on craigslist. Then I sell my govt funded cell phone minutes for fuel.

Thanks for paying your taxes! I love this country!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 PM
ModellbauUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Free tube of Hysol going with all Tornados purchased over the next Month.

Not all Tornados V3's need it, I've checked 10 kits just arrived and only 3 had formers which I suspect would need some Hysol running around the joints. All the others had plenty of glue (not flour and water but hard opaque glue) and were well fixed. I could not pull them out with sensible force.

If you don't need the Hysol for the Tornado I'm sure you'll find use for it elsewhere.

I think they are first rate kits. So much so there are 10 more on the aircraft on the way to the UK (Yellow/Black scheme as this scheme seems to be the most popular)

Going to be running a Tornado/Turbine Combo shortly.

Ian

Old 08-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

747, I knew that would be coming next. Well here we go! It's obviously not enough to compare. But, I found your answer: http://www.aviationinterviews.com/pi...epayrates.html If this holds true...You REALLY don't want to talk finances with me. I made more money last year alone on investments then your entire years salary, that doesn't even include my earned income of $40k-50K/month average. How does $93K last month alone sound just on one nationally known case. Not only that I am my own boss, don't have to answer to nobody. Again, comparing your finances to mine IS like comparing BVM to Modellbau! I'm Done here, jokes on you 747, you bark up the wrong tree this time! Back to the issues at hand!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Newskin78

Oh wow guys everybody watch out we got our very own Johnny Cochran. Are you black to? What your hourly rate I might need an attorney. Let me guess your going to tell me I can't afford you right lol. This is all pathetic lets get back to jets
Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 AM
cessna172av
My Feedback: (3)

This is crazy this is a jet form not a personal finance form. So please go do this somewhere else. I'm only 15 and I would never act this way so you guys fighting is pretty pathetic.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Newskin78

Oh wow guys everybody watch out we got our very own Johnny Cochran. Are you black to? What your hourly rate I might need an attorney. Let me guess your going to tell me I can't afford you right lol. This is all pathetic lets get back to jets

This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with race! Take it somewhere else!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Smoke, smoke smoke, all I want is smoke set ups....

Lmao
Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 AM
cessna172av
My Feedback: (3)

I was looking if you have a powerfull motor (I'm putting a P-100 in mine) you might be able to put a 36oz or 50oz tank right on the bottom of the body right on the cg. Detail4scale has the. That is what I'm thinking about doing.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Shaun Evans

Gotta love the mods assigned to this forum....
Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 AM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Gotta love the mods assigned to this forum....
+1
Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Shaun Evans

Hey 747Junky,

What exactly is a "soul brother?" Just curious...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hey 747Junky,

What exactly is a ''soul brother?'' Just curious...
Seems it was a popular moniker back in the late 60's, 70's and early 80's, used by some in reference to others they deemed similar to themselves. Perhaps that might help you in your research...but I suspect you already know, and are just trolling with this post.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Shaun Evans

edited cuz my ire was directed at the wrong dude...
Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Shaun Evans

Oh,

And your definition is....well.... an interesting take!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
VF84sluggo

And don't you put words in my mouth. I'm not the hyper-sensitive one here.

No need to further this line of discussion...waaay off topic now and a complete thread hijack. Continue the PM's if you wish.

Sluggo
Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

No, you just sounded like you've never heard the term, which is utter B.S., and you know it. It was quite common in the vernacular a while back, and you know that, too.

That was the sum total of what I was saying. Anything else read into it is a product of your hyper-sensitivity, Shaun.

LOL,

Of course it is, Sluggo (thus your 'trolling' comment). I think every single person other than you knew perfectly well that I know perfectly well what a "Soul Brother" is. More importantly, they probably also know that it's an interesting way to refer to Jetfan. You can diminish my point with 'hypersensitivity' all you want, but I still don't understand where his comment came from or what place that kind of crap has in this forum.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM
VF84sluggo

I know nothing about Jetfan (or this 747 guy, for that matter.) Wrong ass-umption, Shaun.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Shaun Evans

OK
Old 08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
VF84sluggo

Removed a comment, served no good purpose with what this thread is about. Time to get this thread back to the Tornado. Apologies to the group. []
Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 PM
TimWatson
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

747, Comparing BVM to Modellbau..The only similarities are the wheels and brakes and I think they got that idea from BVM. If people have a problem with a manufacturer other members need to be made aware of it. You are the only one that has supported this nonsense from Modellbau, well that lets us know how shallow you are. Was it because you accidentally got that new V3 upgrade kit? Do you feel obligated now?

As for the finance side of it, Well I guess my signature line touched a nerve. We know how you paid for that New Bandit, Did you get that CC statement yet? What a joke you are!

Now you can keep your dumb comments to yourself!

In your previous post you said you were not going to reply
Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
TimWatson
Banned

So back on thrack,

Why do the formers still fall out. While Modelbau UK'S offer to send a free tube of Hysol to each purchasser is good it would be better if he sent them to the Factory (where ever it is) so that they could glue the formers in correctly in the first place
Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Shaun Evans

Hi

I don't know why, but I do know I ordered the F-86D when they were on sale for $500 plus shipping. Even at that price, I turned around and sold it for $400 plus shipping after opening the box and examining it for 5 minutes. The formers were cracking away from the skin with a little force and the fit of the parts was pathetic. There was CA fogging all over the monokote on the wings. No surprise to me that the formers still pop out.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:12 AM
VF84sluggo

Are the formers in question in the fuselage, in the wings, or just all around in general? Although, it is likely that if the fuselage formers are poorly glued, that is probably the case throughout the jet.

I've been watching this jet evolve as I look for a replacement to my old Baby Boomer, but keep the P-70 that's in it. This jet has looked like a nice fit. I was hoping V3 woiuld be the "bugs ironed out" version. []

Sluggo
Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 AM
ModellbauUK

Right change the record time!

Going to collect Hints & Tips for the Tornado so if anyone has anything positive to contribute please PM me. I will then post a full list regularly for every one to see. No doubt certain individuals will take the opportunity to see these as a reason to criticise the Tornado but who cares. The model does have it's faults but there are easy solutions to these. See the model for what it is, a low price excellent flying jet which just so happens requires a bit of input from the modeller to get it in the air. There are quality issues but not any which cannot be overcome with a little bit of effort with the appropriate knowledge. Moaning and groaning about the same old dross clearly isn't going to make the blindest bit if difference. The models still sell in their hundreds. So for those who want to make a success of the model my hints and tips should come in handy. For those who only want to compare salaries or slate the model go elsewhere.

I will also be running a hints & tips section on my website where the good positive tips will be posted to save having to troll through 100 pages of thread

So come on guys get PMing with your good tips

I have a few which will shortly be on my website. This isn't a way to drag anyone away from RCU as a home will still be needed for the slaters & head bashers

BTW. Come and say high at Jetpower 2012 if you're going

Ian

Old 08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ian

Send me a kit and I will do an unbiased build thread.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.