Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dx8 with 2ail,2flap and I retract servo help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dx8 with 2ail,2flap and I retract servo help

Hey all,

I am trying to do the electronics on my 100" p-51. It has a servo for each ail, servo for each flap and I servo to operate the retracts. Can someone clue me on what channels the flaps and retract servo should be on? Will I have to do a mix or anything?

Thanks
Z
Old 08-12-2012, 05:29 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Dx8 with 2ail,2flap and I retract servo help

The Monitor screen tells you where to plug things in. It renames the channels for you.

RAL = Right Aileron, LFL = left flap, etc.

The gear will probably have to go in AUX2 and you'll use the Switch Select function to configure it.

Andy
Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Zman39

Thanks Andy

I am using an ar8000 receiver. If I run the two ele servos Separately to receiver will I have enough slots? Or will I need to put them on Y?

Thx
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zman39

Thanks Andy

I am using an ar8000 receiver. If I run the two ele servos Separately to receiver will I have enough slots? Or will I need to put them on Y?

Thx
Are you using the 2 Aileron/2 Flap Wing Type and the 2 Elevator Tail Type. That would take up 6 channels and you would still need Rudder, Throttle, and Gear. I would choose the 2 Ail/2 Flap Wing Type and connect the Elevator servos to a JR Matchbox. Connect that to the Elevator channel. When you have Dual Elevator servos, one almost always has to be Reversed. It is also important that both Elevator halves stay parallel when they travel. The Matchbox lets you Match End Points, Servo Direction, and Neutral, for each servo. I have found Reversing Y Harnesses to be unreliable. They Drift off Neutral every so often and have to be readjusted.

As Andy said, once you have defined the Wing and Tail Types, you look at the Monitor to see what channels were assigned to each servo and connect the servos to those channels. The DX8 is different from previous radios as far as Programming, but it is much easier once you understand it's logic.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:07 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I concur with Rich's recommendation.

Andy
Old 08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Zman39

Thanks guys. Will give it a try
Old 08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
ytrewq

I too am finding the same problem. When you select wing type with 2 Ail and 2 Flap servos, the monitor screen shows that AUX3 is the spare channel which has to be used for retracts. How do I go about moving AUX3 from the knob to a switch.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ytrewq

I too am finding the same problem. When you select wing type with 2 Ail and 2 Flap servos, the monitor screen shows that AUX3 is the spare channel which has to be used for retracts. How do I go about moving AUX3 from the knob to a switch.
Have you gone into the System Settings/Switch Select, and moved Aux3 from the Knob to an available Switch?