Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Blitz RC Tornado

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blitz RC Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:34 AM
obie1
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz RC Tornado

Bought this helo, took it out of the box, charged it, set it down, idled up to hover, damn thing went immediately to right damaging the tail boom, braking a blade. Replaced both items, told Bananna Hobbies and they said you need to bring it up to 5 feet to trim for hover. I said WHAT! Now that is crazy. Now I cannot get the Radio to talk to the reciever correctly and of course the instructions that come with the helo/radio are, well you know, not very understanding and of course Bananna Hobbies will not take it back to adjust for me. Does anyone out there have this helo and can help me get it set up properly?

Thanks

Rich O.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blitz RC Tornado

ORIGINAL: obie1

Bought this helo, took it out of the box, charged it, set it down, idled up to hover, damn thing went immediately to right damaging the tail boom, braking a blade. Replaced both items, told Bananna Hobbies and they said you need to bring it up to 5 feet to trim for hover. I said WHAT! Now that is crazy. Now I cannot get the Radio to talk to the reciever correctly and of course the instructions that come with the helo/radio are, well you know, not very understanding and of course Bananna Hobbies will not take it back to adjust for me. Does anyone out there have this helo and can help me get it set up properly?

Thanks

Rich O.
Sorry about your mishap, but if you would have done any research on Banana Hobbies, you would have found many threads in many forums about the lack of quality of their product and their non existent customer service.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

yeah man  they know how to shaft ppl   unfortunate for you and alot of unsuspecting others. on that note my father bought a boat from them  supposedly 40 mph out of box, you coulda tossed a dog turd in the water and it woulda floated faster. with that being said my dad got upset and got out of the game as quick as he got into it. i gave hime  a spartan  and he still could care less anymore.   but most newbies  in the hbby have no clue about forums until they get sodamized by  companies like this. good luck
Old 08-14-2012, 01:04 AM
cubaneight

Just had a look at the model you've bought on the BH website. This is not a beginners model, even for someone with some experience of flying a fixed pitch heli. Catch 22....if you can't fly it you can't set it up, and if you can't set it up you can't fly it! Don't forget that the model is advertised as 3D out of the box so it'll be set up at the factory with extreme movements and totally unsuitable throttle/pitch curves for learning. Being in the UK I don't know the company BH that you got it from, so can't comment on their service good or bad.
If they knew you were a beginner when they sold it to you they should have advised you not to try and fly it without experienced help, if you just decided to buy it and fly it then I'm sorry but the outcome was inevitable.
http://www.raptortechnique.com/ is a great website for learning about heli setup, it's worth spending several evenings reading through it.

Good luck.

C8
Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

the issue i dont think is wether or not the op is a total beginner as i started out with a brand new blade 400  i crashed many a times but im mechanically inclined and turn a wrench for a living.  when you order online no one is there asking you what your expirience level is , you order what you want and pay for it. now i have had many a wreck and im still learning the wrecks are alot less now than  2 years ago. i never (knock on wood) have yet had a bind problem with  my tx/rx  the crap some of these places sell is just that its crap. if BH knows he wrecked it or even if he  managed to get ahold of them and said yeah i opened box the heli wont do anything hes still going to pull teeth getting anything done about it ! BH is a crap company to deal with plain and simple!!  after all most of their models are rebadged walkeras im not saying walkera is a bad thing because i know zero about them . but the company standards for customer service is crap!  to many people  like a veteran pilot gets a model from them plugs in the battery to go fly his new plank and it burns up  yet bh does nothing about it!  beware people beware  that nice cheaper price is enticing but guess what more than likely its nothing but misery in the end!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:13 PM
rrodscott

Default blitz rc tornado

Originally Posted by madmorgan
the issue i dont think is wether or not the op is a total beginner as i started out with a brand new blade 400* i crashed many a times but im mechanically inclined and turn a wrench for a living.* when you order online no one is there asking you what your expirience level is , you order what you want and pay for it. now i have had many a wreck and im still learning the wrecks are alot less now than* 2 years ago. i never (knock on wood) have yet had a bind problem with* my tx/rx* the crap some of these places sell is just that its crap. if BH knows he wrecked it or even if he* managed to get ahold of them and said yeah i opened box the heli wont do anything hes still going to pull teeth getting anything done about it ! BH is a crap company to deal with plain and simple!!* after all most of their models are rebadged walkeras im not saying walkera is a bad thing because i know zero about them . but the company standards for customer service is crap!* to many people* like a veteran pilot gets a model from them plugs in the battery to go fly his new plank and it burns up* yet bh does nothing about it!* beware people beware* that nice cheaper price is enticing but guess what more than likely its nothing but misery in the end!
Although this heli isn't easy to fly, it is extremely lightweight and very powerful. I like the construction technique because weight saving means longer flight times and much better performance. I replaced the skids and tail boom with CF to make it even lighter. That said, it is Extremely responsive to the controls; if you touch a control, the heli will respond like somebody kicked it. I have two of them, and one is set up so the cyclic and yaw performance is dampened by about fifty percent. I also built a hover pit simulator so I can safely fly the heli after any repairs or adjustments, but once I get it in the air it flies and sounds like a hummingbird. For anyone who gets one of these, spend ten bucks and build a simple test stand out of PVC pipe so you can eyeball the servo horns and most importantly calibrate the gyro and yaw servo. I'm guessing that the guy who crashed his on takeoff might not have zeroed his roll trim. Also, before flying this thing, get PhoenixRC and practice on a small 3D heli until you can get yourself out of trouble without crashing. After that attach the training gear and apply throttle very slowly.