Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 PM
tootalltechie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

ORIGINAL: tootalltechie

I was able to get my boat started ) Now I hope to meet up with some local boaters on Sunday get the maiden voyage in.

I ended out swapping out the walbro WT644 carb with the ruixing carb that Tony sells. I will take the WT644 apart and check it out and keep as back up. I will be installing Tony's EKG & kill switch soon.
I found a leak in my gaskets between cylinder and crankcase below the exhaust port where all 3 join. Any problem with use of silicone gasket along with copper coat on the OEM gasket . Could this be from how I put the engine back together ? IE: bolt tightening pattern or torque ?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 PM
magnum57

The magnum 57 is a big boat. The rcmk stock should push it pretty well at 5.5hp. I don’t think the carb will be the answer for more speed. A pipe may help a little. With out modifying the motor your best bet in imo is all about the trim & tune up for that beauty. Here is a shot of my first rc boat. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94321.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1788564  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:41 PM
magnum57

Sounds like the torque may be your problem. That copper gasket is very important for the squish. I have never heard of using silicone between the jug and case. Sounds like you better take apart and try again. HATE THAT PART.........lol
Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
tootalltechie

magnum57, I did not use a "copper gasket" I used what Tony said to do, coat the paper gasket with "copper coat" spray. Anyway here is to fun fun fun. Is there a torquing sequence for the ZENOAH case and cylinder? Took a real good look at the gaskets the crankcase gasket was a tiny bit short.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM
android44

Tman!!

Go take a look at Gizmomotors. They have a 30cc bolt on modified top end that they say will put out 7hp. And it will bolt right on the the s-254. I think the kit is about 280.00.

CAll them first because Ithink they need to know which engine you are putting it on.......

Let me know if you get it, as Iam thinking about doing the same, but Iprob wont do it till next year. I would really be interested to see how much more speed this modification would provide.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 AM
tman52748
My Feedback: (1)

I've been checking them out on Gizmo's, might have to spring for it.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM
nesto211

Running good!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 PM
android44

OK...more parts for my manta ray arrived today....got my killer bee kill switch in. now waiting for my steering servo...hitec hs5755.

made a nice throttle cable mount using aluminum angle iron.......

Would like to post pics, but im not understanding how to do it....when i click on insert photo, its asking for a URL.....my photos are on my desk top so there is not a url????
Old 08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
silverz98

the easiest way i do pics are make a photobucket acc, its free up load them to there then copy the img link they give you and past it in the post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 PM
android44

Ah ok silverz!!! Now Iunderstand.......didnt realize Ineeded to get the pictures online like that......

I'll open a photobucket acct. and get some pictures up......

Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM
android44

Thanks silverz.

guess i need to opena photobucket acct.........
Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
android44

OK...some pictures of the Manta Ray that I've dusted off to try and finish up.........Cant take credit for the paint job.....I bought it already painted........

Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 AM
silverz98

i dont see pic. but make sure you use the link the has the img in it
Old 08-13-2012, 05:26 AM
android44

hmmm..
I must be dumb...I cant figure it out?

I copy the photo link down. Then click on the "insert/edit" image button which is at the top of the message page. Then past the link in the provided space, but It wont show up????

What am i doing wrong?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 AM
android44

[/img]
Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 AM
android44

ok..figured it out...have to remove the text and the beginning....

Ok....a couple more.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 AM
android44

not using the trottle bracket in the above pic. Ididnt like how the line had to loop around.......made my own bracket using right angle aluminum stock.......the cable will now enter the radio box in the same position as original (same position as when using a zen).

Ill get some pictures of it later today (now that I know how to do it...hehehe )

Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM
android44

Few Questions I've been thinking about lately:

1. Did you guys glue your pressure tap in the isolator block. Last night I drilled and tapped the top of the isolator block for my 10-32 brass fitting, and Im wondering if I should add epoxy when I thread the tap into the isolator block?

2. What is a good prop to use for an stock RCMK S254 Evo in a Mataray?

3. Have any of you guys ever used "Liquid electrical tape" to coat all of your servo's and possibly electronics. I saw a video on youtube of a guy doing this so he could run his RC car under water.......

4. The other option I was thinking about is "corrosion X" to coat the RX, and possibly the killer B kill switch. I dont think though it would be a good idea to spray it in the servo's since the servo's have grease in them.

Thanks guys!!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM
solar696

ORIGINAL: mandroidxl

Few Questions I've been thinking about lately:

1. Did you guys glue your pressure tap in the isolator block. Last night I drilled and tapped the top of the isolator block for my 10-32 brass fitting, and Im wondering if I should add epoxy when I thread the tap into the isolator block?

Thanks guys!!!!

I did not glue the fitting in case I need to remove it. But I used pipe tread sealant to prevent any airleak. Silicon would work just as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM
magnum57

Wow your boat looks great. Good idea on the cable. No need to seal the 10-32 fitting. I used a 2716 15* prop on mine and worked great. I have found using anything on the servos or killer bee voids the warranty. It also makes the servo run hot and will fail on you. I learned the hard way. I used corrosion X and had terrible results. Enjoy
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM
tman52748

Wonder why DDM has it for $175, what's the difference?

ORIGINAL: mandroidxl

Tman!!

Go take a look at Gizmomotors. They have a 30cc bolt on modified top end that they say will put out 7hp. And it will bolt right on the the s-254. I think the kit is about 280.00.

CAll them first because I think they need to know which engine you are putting it on.......

Let me know if you get it, as I am thinking about doing the same, but I prob wont do it till next year. I would really be interested to see how much more speed this modification would provide.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 PM
tootalltechie

HELP! I can not get my M5 zenoah started after a rebuild.
Replaced...
Piston, piston ring, wrist pin clips, wrist pin bearing & spacers, crank, fly wheel key, gaskets, water jacket O rings, sanded insulater block, cleaned out gas tank, replaced champion spark plug with NKG,
Added...
Coil relocation bracket, replaced gas lines, rebuilt WT-644 carb, upgraded pull start, added ground wires on coils, EKG in boat but not hooked up, fail safe in boat but not hooked up, added one-way vent to gas cap,

I have spark, pulse pressure for water pump, fuel at carb, fuel in cylinder, when plug out get fuel cloud pushed out plug hole, changed fuel twice 90 octane to 91, 6oz of amsoil saber 100:1 to 1 gal. Gas.

What am I missing? What do I need to check and how? Should I check piston ring, and how? How can I check compression? Leak test?
Any info helpful
Thanks
Gordon

Edit:
plug is wet, I replaced flywheel key. What should the compression be when tested? Is doing a compression test different on a 2 cycle compared to a 4 cycle? Should I test "squish"?

Picked up a compression tester today, if its like testing 4 cycle engines I will know how good the piston ring is.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 AM
idocdave09

Is the plug wet or dry when you take it out, also what about flywheel key.
Dave
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 AM
tootalltechie

Dave, plug is wet, I replaced flywheel key. What should the compression be when tested? Is doing a compression test different on a 2 cycle compared to a 4 cycle? Should I test "squish"?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:55 AM
android44

Thanks Magnum.

Thanks also for your experience with corrosion x. Thinking I will take your advice and not use it. Maybe I will add a larg spong in the bottom of the radio tray to soak up any water that gets in.

I still have to post pics of my new cable bracket. I will try to get some more pics on there this weekend.

I should be able to get the engine mounted this weekend along with the radio box. So the boat should be ready to go very shortly

What about OILS: I talked to Gizmo last week and they recommended using Mercury Quicksilver synthetic outboard oil @ 8oz per gallon.........I know Tony recommends Amsoil.

The Mercury oil is available at Walmart so its much more convenient. Do any of you guys have expereince with the Mercury Quicksilver oil??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.