Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Nitroplanes

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM
mmiller1
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitroplanes

I notice that many items that Nitroplanes sells are usually out of stock. Need a few spare parts for the 1400mm P-40 I purchased not too long ago. I have had this problem with them before. Is it just me?
Is there a secret way of getting spare parts that I am unaware of?? I would hesitat to buy from them again.;
Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes

Do a search about them and decide for yourself, thedre are pages about them already writen, n o reason for a new one. They swallow!! Nuff Said.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When will you people learn?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 AM
markhamregular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

90% of Nitroplane items are out of stock. It took me 3 months to find a replacement cowl for my Mustang. It was the first plane I crashed that I was happy to crash the %#$@ plane. It's frustrating to build them because they are not true ARF. Product is bad, service is bad. This is why they half the price of any other manufacturer. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
mmiller1
My Feedback: (75)

Thanks for the good advice, fellow flyers. I am 71....you would think I would know better.
any experience with Banana Hobby or are they just another Nitro in different clothes??
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

ORIGINAL: mmiller1

Thanks for the good advice, fellow flyers. I am 71....you would think I would know better.
any experience with Banana Hobby or are they just another Nitro in different clothes??
Most companies bringing in Chinese produced ARF's are the same. If you buy somthing that Great planes or Horizon bring in you have a chance at spare parts. That's about as good as it gets. This is why I don't do ARF's. Never understood why someone would want to buy a 25.00 cowl on an airplane that cost 100.00. I would just repair what you have. IMOif it can't be repaired chuck the whole airplane and get a replacement airplane.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Gray Beard

Most of the smaller, cheaper ARFs are made by CMP, China Model Products and bought and sold through a distributer like Nitro and many others. You will run into the same problems no mater who you buy them from. Lack of service and lack of spare parts. If parts are missing from your new pride and joy good luck getting them to replace the parts.
For true service you need to buy from the better stores like Tower and Horizon for that service. There are a number of good places to buy from, AeroWorks if you can get past there prices. Wild Hare is very good if you are looking for the bigger stunt planes. A lot depends on what it is you are looking for.
Use the search engine to locate posts about places to buy ARFs from. If it is a special plane maybe if you went into the ARF forum and asked questions you will hear from people that are flying that product.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I notice that many items that Nitroplanes sells are usually out of stock. Need a few spare parts for the 1400mm P-40 I purchased not too long ago. I have had this problem with them before. Is it just me?
Is there a secret way of getting spare parts that I am unaware of?? I would hesitat to buy from them again.;
I never bought a thing from them, although I certainly like the looks of some of their prices. I think this type of thing is normal from Nitroplanes. Buy it and scrap it if anything happens. It always seemed to me that everything they have is out of stock which would beg the question, why put the ad up on your web site if you don't have it?

If you have had the problem before, this is strike two. Would you go for strike three, or just call it at this point?

Good luck - I hope you find your part somewhere so you can get your plane fixed.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Rotten40851

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Planes out of stock on thier website for 2 YEARS!!! False advertising if you ask me!! EVERYTHINGthey sell is pure CRAP!!!! Get a Top Flite, Great Planes or Hangar 9 ARF, Much Better quality. And chances are- THEYAREINSTOCK!!! To list planes on your website for over 2 years that are out of stock is just a ploy to get you interested in thier prices so you buy a differant P.O.S&*T airplane from them. Don't fall for thier B.S. and go to a reputable dealer withgood customer service. SomethingN P does NOT have!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:57 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

If you are a builder and don't need a manual then you can make these planes fly alright. It take a lot of fixes to make it work. forget about customer service or spare parts. what you get is a cheap plane that you fix before you fly. and if you need parts just buy a new one. Dennis
Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

odd , but it seems to be a trend of companys to not carry much of any spare parts .

buying new is what they want
Old 08-18-2012, 02:01 PM
huck1199

Two years ago I bought an Aquila and recieved it with a torn canopy. I emailed them thru RCU support and they sent me a new one feee of charge. I just posted a pic of the torn canopy. Their service must have declined since then.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: huck1199

Two years ago I bought an Aquila and received it with a torn canopy. I emailed them Thur RCU support and they sent me a new one feee of charge. I just posted a pic of the torn canopy. Their service must have declined since then.
No, you just got lucky.
As mentioned, if you know what you are doing some of these planes are pretty good after you make the mods or repairs. Some not.
They all look good in a photo. I have seen a lot of the bigger CMP planes that only took a few mods to make them into pretty good ARFs but the people buying them were builders in there past and know what is required.
By looking in the ARF forum you will learn a bunch more about what is going on currently with these places.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Edwin

mmiller1,
Banana Hobbies is worse than Nitro Planes. Their customer service is borderline criminal. Searches here and other forums should confirm that.
Edwin
Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 PM
aspeed

I got some motors from Hobbypartz which is the same as Nitroplanes. They were quite cheap and well made. I expected no warranty but a useable product and was more than happy with what I got from them. I got an AP .15 and an ASP .15 for around $40 each. They work good, are the same price as Cox stuff and have a throttle and muffler. They even had a .91 for$77 that a friend got andis happy with. I am sure the planes are similar. You have to expect some deficiancies with the chinese stuff. You can get chinese stuff with a warranty, but pay more for it from your hobby shop, and that is ok for some people as well as the hobby shops. I had some Willhobby planes that were very cheap ($30) They had a few deficiancies, but were great beaters that you fix a few times and throw away. As long as you know before you order things from these places, they are fine. I would never order something that says it isn't in stock and backorder from anyone. As long as they don't just take your money and run. (some do)