Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Eureka Curare

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Tfloyd
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eureka Curare

I've purchased a Curare full kit from Eureka Aircraft Company and expect it to arrive in a week or so. I was wondering if any of you have experience with this kit and if so what do I need to be aware of? The kit I purchased is the built up wing version and I plan on using a wing jig as the ribs are said to have the 1/4" holes manufactured in to them. Also I have a never run Enya 60 XF Chrome I plan on using to power this plane. I have an Enya 60X on my Dirty Birdy; it has plenty of power with great vertical. I'm hoping the 60 XF Chrome will be a good match for the Curare but am open to suggestions if your experience indicates a better choice is in order.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM
wruggiero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eureka Curare

Now you must find a MK retract gear , in order to be perfect. use a side exaust engine and the pipe. Good look !!!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 AM
Tfloyd
My Feedback: (6)

Already have a set of MK (Gold) retracts but need to get a header and pipe for the Enya XF Chrome. I've always liked the way the Classic Pattern ships look and fly as this is what all the "Big Dogs" were flying when I started R/C in the late 70s. One plane I had in the 80s that I would like to build again is the Blue Angle. I've seen a couple of MK kits come up for sale from time to time but I wasn't willing to pay what they were going for. If I find another I will probably just pay what it takes and be done with it.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:08 AM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Just wanted to put my two cents in on the Enya . I'm flying one on a Compensator. It's one of the best over all motors I have ever run from that era.. The idle is always there and the transfer from low to hi throttle is just like you would want in pattern flying !!!

Dave..
Old 08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
bob mann

I used OS 61 FSR ABC with pipe and mix cont. in the 70"s I had 3. I still have one thats I guss is about 37 years old .One of the best flying planes i have every had.(I seen Hanno fly his in Vagas in 1977 ) Expert/Master flyer mode 1 .