Community
Search
Notices
Electric Pylon Racing Discuss all aspects of electric pylon racing here.

PYLON VIP 1 or RIFLE??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:18 AM
jesses151
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PYLON VIP 1 or RIFLE??

Looking to buy one or the other either new or used. I've never had this type of plane, but have experience with 120+ mph planes. Can anyone give me some feedback on these two planes? Also, as I mentioned I'm looking to buy one if you know anyone selling a used VIP or RIFLE let me know.
-Jesse
Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
edalves68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PYLON VIP 1 or RIFLE??

Rifle, never flown one myself, guy out at our field has had a couple. Saw the wing fail while being pushed beyond recommended speeds. Very cool, very small, fast and a challenge to launch and see. The guy is an expert flyer and you can tell he is not playing when it's launch time. Have fun, be safe.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

jesses151, i had a rifle and didn't like it that much. to small a plane ,there is hardly any room for esc and battery. can't balance it well either. be careful what kv motor you use. they torque over very easy. it doesn't have much wing and can hit the ground real fast. i like my stryker alot better. the rifle is very small. i had an eflight 2000 kv in mine. it was to much power for it. i like to go fast say 100 mph but i would go with a funjet for that.......RON
Old 04-06-2012, 09:06 AM
NeilRivera

I have a Rifle myself equipped with a Mega 16-15-2 and a Castle 45 controller. I added a carbon spar per KRProton 's blog on RC Groups. The Mega is 4600 kv and can push the airframe to over 160 mph... the front former has to be ground on the bottom to accomodate larger batteries and some carbon fiber added to reinforce it. It is a blast to fly ! For the price and doing the mods it is right on the money. 2000 kv is a mild setup, making launches difficult if the wind is calm and with a heavy battery. Check out the Rifle thread on the other website...
Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Falcon_az
My Feedback: (25)

We've had great luck with the Top Model Stinger and are trying to get more interested in club pylon racing with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOES2...hannel&list=UL

We've tried the Rifle and Voodoo... both not such good luck. Difficult to setup and fly. The Stinger has been very easy to get flying well.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VIP is a much better plane than a Rifle, but the current 'hot' plane seems to be the VooDoo.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Falcon_az
My Feedback: (25)

Maybe the Voodoo is the hot ticket. I struggled with mine. Poor workmanship/quality in the wing saddle. The flex was ridiculous... I fixed it with carbon fiber strips, fiber glass and epoxy. Not withstanding the re-work/repair... it was not much fun to fly. Stability was not there... the Voodoo... hard to launch, fly and not competitive against the Stinger. The Voodoo does look nice hanging from stings in my shop though. ;-)
My 2 cents.