Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Getting kinda bored...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:45 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting kinda bored...

Then next time you are at the LHS, give him YOUR number Can't hurt to try, and you will likely get a new friend/bashing buddy out of the deal!

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

THT, all you need is the right one! Try giving racing a shot, I don't even bash anymore

To the plane guy: Along the lines of toys, IMHO, I picture plane guys as akin to the adult version of a nasal-sounding pimply 14 year old building plastic models through coke bottle glasses, but that is just me, and I don't go to the plane side and vent my opinion to you. Why don't you try going to a track, borrow someone's ''toy'' if you like, and see how many competitive clean laps you can make, then come back and flog us when you TQ.

To the rest: Let's just drop it before the mods get in here and close down this nice mans topic.

And before I get called a child, no, not even close. I have tattoos older than some of the people on these boards.
I want to race, but there is no where to race and no one to race with. I mean I race a little with my brother in the driveway, but I wish someone had a chance. Come to think of it, a guy at the LHS said someone in town has a track in their backyard, but I don't know their number...
Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

planes are indeed cool...but not for every rc hobbiest.

and syco, I like seeing your name, its a nice name
Thanks been using it for 16-17 years before that I used to just go by venom till someone told me I was a "syco" in IRC, I said something to the tune of ME LIKES, added it to my nick(the IRC name limit was 10 letters on the server I used), and it kinda just stuck since
never could figure out why that IRC server used 10 as a limit where most was 8.

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Then next time you are at the LHS, give him YOUR number Can't hurt to try, and you will likely get a new friend/bashing buddy out of the deal!

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

I want to race, but there is no where to race and no one to race with. I mean I race a little with my brother in the driveway, but I wish someone had a chance. Come to think of it, a guy at the LHS said someone in town has a track in their backyard, but I don't know their number...
Agree 100% or ask around to see if anyone knows his number, or would offer to introduce you to him
Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

I got into building RC airboats when I got bored... I'm an engine nut, and acquired a few airplane engines free of charge. With some time, some wood (or foam or plastic or whatever strikes your fancy), an engine, and a few props, you can build an airboat that will scoot across the local soccer field as fast as a monster truck. If you have a pond close by, even better yet.

OR you can do this with a MT

And yes it actually does work
It also has a body that I never bothered taking a pic of, but I've been thinking to make one out of lexan sheets that is more form fitting, and aerodynamic. and maybe make it some new skis out of lexan that are designed better

LMAO! Are those meat foam carton ski... thingies?
no actually made out of vinyl drainage pipe I picked up at the home depot, and elbows used the vinyl cement to hold them together
I was hoping you used something a little more sturdy but they sure looked like the styrofoam things ground beef comes on lol.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:18 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I've been trying to find something fun.. I had an EMaxx once, and monster trucks are probably the most fun. Would like something like that.. but I can't drive, and would have to for anywhere to use it. Maybe something like Foxy's old Ofna street buggy...
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Foxy

Narwhal, get a Hyper 10tt, 1/8th truggy handling with 1/10th prices. Put down and play anywhere. Probably my next car if I can't find an SC8e I want soon.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Narwhal, get a Hyper 10tt, 1/8th truggy handling with 1/10th prices. Put down and play anywhere. Probably my next car if I can't find an SC8e I want soon.
a used pede 4X4 with a center diff and truggy tires would handle about the same.
my pede 4X4 handles extremely well with the diff. It hardly rolls over now with the few mods I did. Pretty much center diff, stadium truck tires (off a HB lightning GT10), and tok the pre-load spacers off the shocks.
only thing the hyper 10tt I think has over it is actual steel CVD's instead of traxxas's stupid sliders.

Think I paid $170 for the pede 4X4 roller (well it was a slash 4X4 I picked up for $110ish, $30 in parts to make it a pede 4X4, and $30ish for the center diff)
Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I want to do a brushless build off of this:
https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...uct-id=49497SD
But a bit out of my budget... 200 + 90 (electric conversion) + 100 (bl system) + rx/servo... can't build a $400 car right now.
But as soon as I get a job!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

But a bit out of my budget... 200 + 90 (electric conversion) + 100 (bl system) + rx/servo... can't build a $400 car right now.

you'd need a bit more than a $100 bl system, it is 8th scale after all. eman77 did the conversion a while back, he says it's quite fun to run.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:23 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

you'd need a bit more than a $100 bl system, it is 8th scale after all. eman77 did the conversion a while back, he says it's quite fun to run.
agree $210 for a HW BL setup currently over here. No way a $100 setup will run that for very long without the ESC letting out the magic smoke.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 PM
imperviously

Get an RC in a Class you don't have. thats what i did (: , i'm also pretty young, 17. i have no one to bash or race with honestly. but i bought my sc10, im loving it, and i will soon start going to the track to have some fun with it. been researching and found 5 tracks near me that are 28-38 minutes away. I wish there was a track closer... I tried to get my brother into the hobby too, he bought a tt01 to drift with my tc3 but he doesn't even touch it after the first 2 weeks honestly. Thats why i got my sc10. a track about 30 minutes away has indoor carpet offroad and a concrete drift track. Which made me want to buy the sc10 even more, can't wait to start going.

OH YEAH. If you want also you could look into VRC. You probably heard of it, rc simulator. They came out with Offroad Short course trucks recently and its a lot of fun and would help improve your skills. ive been playin alot of VRC and after 2 days of playing it, i can go through tracks with so much more ease and quicker. honestly does help improve, and it has been raining here in florida everyday and like all day. 35$ not to much to ask for a simulator that is fun and improves your skills. You can meet people, make clubs and join clubs, race, practice, etc. Another thing for you to do to keep your love of the hobby alive lol