Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Flybarless system or not?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Flybarless system or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM
k5nwz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flybarless system or not?

Im somwhat of a newbie and at this point just wanting to master controled forward flight with a Trex 450 I just bought.. If all im really wanting to do is practice "non 3D" is there any benifit to having the flybarless system? and what about the 3 axis gyro? will that help me?

Thanks

Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 PM
ACE_

Default RE: Flybarless system or not?

I have a Sookum 360 and yes they work. But be warned it not something you just plug in an go. They are complicated to set up, the instructions are clear and pretty easy but you will need a good understanding of the Bell and Hiller set up of a helicopter. The Skookum hooks up to my computer and everything is set up in a software program you get on line. I liked mine when I had it installed in my T-Rex 450, also still have my EXI four blade rotor but I got rid of all my 450's (moved up into Nitro's). I do still have my Blade 400 and am planning on installing everything into a UH-60 Blackhawk fuselage this winter.
Read up on all of the control settings for your specific heli, make certain it's all set up properly,  follow your Gyro instructions and you should do ok.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: k5nwz

Im somwhat of a newbie and at this point just wanting to master controled forward flight with a Trex 450 I just bought.. If all im really wanting to do is practice "non 3D" is there any benifit to having the flybarless system? and what about the 3 axis gyro? will that help me?

Thanks
I don't see the point of converting a heli you have just bought to fbl, you should have just bought an fbl heli to start with in that case. I would stick with the flybar untill you can hover and fly circuits in all directions at a minimum before going fbl, especially since you have already invested in the flybar.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:01 PM
k5nwz
My Feedback: (4)

Thats what I was hoping for. I would be willing to invest if it will help me learn to fly it but if not, I will just leave it alone and puit it inot the next bird. Now to find someone to make sure its set up right before I try to fly it...lol
Old 08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Solman

I personally think you should just stick with the fb system. It is more simple to work with. In some ways fbl helps, but in other ways it doesn't. It is nice because you never touch the trim, but at the same time, when it goes off at an angle, it doesn't self correct like a flybar does. So they each have their advantage, but I wouldn't waste time and money into a fbl yet in your case..
Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

ORIGINAL: Solman

I personally think you should just stick with the fb system. It is more simple to work with. In some ways fbl helps, but in other ways it doesn't. It is nice because you never touch the trim, but at the same time, when it goes off at an angle, it doesn't self correct like a flybar does. So they each have their advantage, but I wouldn't waste time and money into a fbl yet in your case..
+1