Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC PRO GF50i gasoline POWER

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CRRC PRO GF50i gasoline POWER

Kevin, I just got home and went and looked at my engine. It is mounted the same as yours and the choke pulls to the side to engage, that is if you hook a linkage to it you would pull straight out in the direction of the carb intake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47635.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1552872  
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
kevinkenny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will put the linkage as you suggest. Many thanks. By the way what mixture of gas and oil do you use. The manual suggest 20/25 to one but I always thought most 2 strokes use 50-1? I suppose they want more oil running through the system.
Kevin
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
klunkie

if that GF50I is new then yes 25 :1 but if used 40:1 happy flying
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, if you look at the picture of my engine you can see the ball link on the bottom that is bolted into the choke arm. It pulls straight out to the side.
For mixture, I am running 70:1 Redline synthetic in this engine and my MT42, JC53 and DLE55. NO problems with overheating, fouled plugs or anything else. If your engine has had a gallon or two of anything through it, you would not have any problem going with this. If you want to run 40:1 or whatever that won't matter either. Just look at your plug once in a while and it will tell you what it likes.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
mpascual
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 72

Kevin, if you look at the picture of my engine you can see the ball link on the bottom that is bolted into the choke arm. It pulls straight out to the side.
For mixture, I am running 70:1 Redline synthetic in this engine and my MT42, JC53 and DLE55. NO problems with overheating, fouled plugs or anything else. If your engine has had a gallon or two of anything through it, you would not have any problem going with this. If you want to run 40:1 or whatever that won't matter either. Just look at your plug once in a while and it will tell you what it likes.

Dont run less than 40:1 oil mix for the GF50I.

Regards
Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
SU-31 flyer

I read all the posts and what I read your taking the New Jenn Feng 9295-320001 plug and thowing it away. Then your replaceing it with a NGK BPMR6F right? Also most are replaceing the stock Ignition with the RCexl ignitions right?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct
Old 07-18-2011, 06:24 AM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Just an update on my CCRC 50. I bought it as one of the first to enter the US Jan 2008. Initally It would not run. After much frustration I returned the ignition module to the vendor and it was replaced with a new one. The engine started right up.
I have it installed on my BIG HOTS turning a 22x8 prop at 7800 rpm. I have been using Belray Racing 2 stroke oil made exclusively for smaller than 250cc aircooled 2 stroke
engines. The engine has been running clean and well. After the plane had been in the hanger while other stuff was flying I decided to pull it out. It started right up but would not turn over 5000 rpm. I found the HS jet plugged and installed a new kit. My fuel is from a station that claims no ethanol added fuel, so I still have the black rubber carb parts.

After a minor mishap due to wrong computer program reversing ailerons the muffler has a slight dent. I have been checking the forum after a long absence and see many have
replaced the ignition with Excel? Is there a part number for the replacement? Also nice to see muffler headers etc for cowl fitting.

I have had great customer support on this engine and last items from Valley RC who did a nice job on these parts and others.

I am interested in "not running less than 40:1 oil" while I am running 30:1 but perhaps the synthetic (read really high price) oil may make the difference.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72082.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1636822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54377.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1636823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci97932.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1636824  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Daveb572

I bought a CRRCPro 50i to put on my Giant Aeromaster and had nothing but issues with the motor. Originally, it had a weak spark. Power is supplied by a 4.8V 2400mAh nicad pack. Very weak spark even with replacing the plug with a more reputable make. Motor would not run. Contacted distributor and they said it was covered under warranty. Tried to take the prop off the motor and the whole prop shaft came out. Was honest about what I did and they said send it in anyway. I knew for a fact that the ignition module was bad. All I wanted was a new ignition module. Upon sending it in they said I screwed the motor up because the prop shaft was removed and refused to honor the warranty. During the several weeks that the motor was in the shop, everything they replaced did NOT cure the motor until they replaced the ignition module. They basically rebuilt the whole bottom end of the motor. They charged me $200.00 for the "repairs." If the motor started as it should have I would not have any issues with it or them. It runs somewhat OK now. But they DID include another updated ignition module. The issue I'm having now probably has something to do with my own setup on this motor. Any advise would be appreciated. Here's the issue..... Motor starts and runs fine at low r's, up to 3/5th throttle. It will reach full R's at full throttle but only for 15 to 30 seconds before losing R's amd stalling. My setup is as follows.....92 octane with a 40:1 Klotz oil mix. 22X10 prop. Increased hi end needle 1/4 turn. Still losing R's and stalling. As I see the issues, I either have it over-propped, hi end needle still too lean, or I really do need a 93 octane fuel, although I kind of doubt that one octane point will really make a difference. Any advise guys? Thanx!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 AM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

The high speed needle in the carb is plugged probably with oil residue from the last run.

Disassemble the carb and blow through or run a very fine wire through the brass tube into the ventura of the carb. I had this same problem and after spraying carb cleaner through the HIGH speed jet/into the venture it ran fine.

Try just spraying carb cleaner through the HS jet into the carb that may be all you need.

If you have been using ethanol fuel you may need new black rubber parts.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
phil arena

just bought the ccrc 50icc engine .  have not run it yet as it is going in my blackhorse hurricane when i get round to   building it. any one own and run this engine yet
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM
klunkie

I love my 50l the only thing I did was to change the ignition module cause it produced a weak spark(replaced it withRcexl ignition)but other than that it is a great
running engine.I replace the spark plugs that came with they were junk.. I just ordered another one building a piper j-3 cub 109" shopuld be fun the fly so good luck with you 50l
Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 AM
klunkie

I also found the 50l runs excellant with high octane fuel without the ethanol (ethanol will destroy the fuel lines and any rubber parts in the carbarator)