Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Hyundai vs. Mercedes C230

Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyundai vs. Mercedes C230

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

i apologize if you were offended. i don't drive such cars. i know modern cars rarely weigh much less than 3000 pounds, but they can. i'm guessing some modest 90's hyundai could weigh what you say. i did not pick up on you having a car of that vintage. i also ignorantly didn't know such cars had more than 100 hp. please accept my apology, i humbly only was asking. i am also sorry you have to drive such a car....
Sorry your father touched you as a child.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:16 PM
cumminspower5.9

It's pretty sad the amount of hate that goes on around here with people being judged on their cars. What the hell is wrong with a Hyundai!!? Yea, it may not be fast,good looking, have 17" rims or a turbo, but it gets good mileage when I drive 60 miles a day to work and only have to spend $25 a week to fill it.

Silvermansteve...if you are going to act like a child because the Hyundai is not you first choice of transportation, don't even comment in the thread.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

[X(]

i am also sorry you have to drive such a car....
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM
rgburrill

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

It's pretty sad the amount of hate that goes on around here with people being judged on their cars. What the hell is wrong with a Hyundai!!? Yea, it may not be fast,good looking, have 17" rims or a turbo,but it gets good mileage when I drive 60 miles a day to work and only have to spend $25 a week to fill it.

Silvermansteve...if you are going to act like a child because the Hyundai is not you first choice of transportation, don't even comment in the thread.
Oh come on - that was funny. And I drive a Hyundai too. A 4-drSonata with 234HP but still a Hyundai.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:44 PM
The Hedgehog

It's pretty sad the amount of hate that goes on around here with people being judged on their cars. What the hell is wrong with a Hyundai!!? Yea, it may not be fast,good looking, have 17'' rims or a turbo, but it gets good mileage when I drive 60 miles a day to work and only have to spend $25 a week to fill it.

Because you are asking about racing a quick Mercedes with it. First post of the thread sets the whole tone. Since it is such a hilarious proposal expect plenty of jokes to be made.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Of course, you could go all-out and get a Lanos...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23846.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1794066  
Old 08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

It's pretty sad the amount of hate that goes on around here with people being judged on their cars. What the hell is wrong with a Hyundai!!? Yea, it may not be fast,good looking, have 17'' rims or a turbo,but it gets good mileage when I drive 60 miles a day to work and only have to spend $25 a week to fill it.

Because you are asking about racing a quick Mercedes with it. First post of the thread sets the whole tone. Since it is such a hilarious proposal expect plenty of jokes to be made.
I guarantee there has been worse proposals. I mean come one, it's not like the Benz will take off like I wasn't even moving.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:03 PM
HJJFFFAA

7 sec 0-60 vs 11 sec says otherwise.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Microz

SOLUTION:

Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 PM
narwalrus

Hey.. the Hyundai Genesis and Thunderbird are quick...

Just twin-turbocharge it. That should work.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:08 PM
rgburrill

It's pretty sad the amount of hate that goes on around here with people being judged on their cars. What the hell is wrong with a Hyundai!!? Yea, it may not be fast,good looking, have 17'' rims or a turbo,but it gets good mileage when I drive 60 miles a day to work and only have to spend $25 a week to fill it.

I guarantee there has been worse proposals. I mean come one, it's not like the Benz will take off like I wasn't even moving.
Your car has a weight to power ratio ofabout 21; the C230 is about 17. Thats a 20% improvement.

You started this post with a chip on yur shoulder.Really, there aren't a whole lot ofcars that have less than 115HP. Rather than trying to get the last word, which I'm sure people will just get tired of hearing your ridiculous comments you should just admit defeat.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
gliderpros

It's 2.3 liters hence the 230 designation in the old ones,the new one is 1.8l.I think they would be close but merc would win.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:23 PM
littlera

Does someone really care?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I'm still wondering why this guys name is cumminspower but he is driving a Hyundai......Maybe time for a new screen name?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

I'm still wondering why this guys name is cumminspower but he is driving a Hyundai......Maybe time for a new screen name?
Maybe he is wishing he had a bigger one........motor of course
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
bogeyp38
My Feedback: (12)

IF CLASS WAS FAST...YOUR HUNDEE WOULD BE PASSST...EITHER WAY THE BENZ WILL TAKE YA
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
SLAYERDUDE

I'll bet this one would smoke the Benz...

1997 Hyundai Accent gt
1/4 Mile ET: 9.610
1/4 Mile MPH: 143.000
1/8 Mile ET: 6.200
1/8 Mile MPH: 114.000
0-60 Foot ET: 1.500

http://www.dragtimes.com/Hyundai-Acc...slip-5991.html
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

I'll bet this one would smoke the Benz...

1997 Hyundai Accent gt
1/4 Mile ET: 9.610
1/4 Mile MPH: 143.000
1/8 Mile ET: 6.200
1/8 Mile MPH: 114.000
0-60 Foot ET: 1.500

http://www.dragtimes.com/Hyundai-Acc...slip-5991.html
Holy shi..[X(]
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Me too. Hyundai has got to be one of the worst car manufacturers out there, I'd rather drive a VW Kombi.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

I didn't know there was a rule against screen names. Is a sceen name supposed to reflect your life. Is "TheDriftingNarwhal" really a drifting narwhal? Did "TheKennyKiller" reeally kill a guy named Keny? What about "The Hedgehog"? Is that really a hedgehog sitting at the computer? Sheesh people.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:12 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Me too. Hyundai has got to be one of the worst car manufacturers out there, I'd rather drive a VW Kombi.

Unless you have driven a Hyundai, don't bash it. Funny things is, is that they have the best warranty out right now. They havereally come a long way.Trust me, I don't get off on Hyundai, but it's my car. You all know you would get your panties in a bunch if I were to bash an RC brand, or hate on the car you drive. Idon't drive a Ford, but you don't see me running around saying "Oh I'm sorry you have to drive that". It's a freaking car. Would my social status increase if I were to own an R8?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:08 AM
The Hedgehog

Unless you have driven a Hyundai, don't bash it. Funny things is, is that they have the best warranty out right now.
That was years ago, maybe 10 years ago they had the best warranty, today most companies match what they have. If you are going to make a post about racing an ACCENT (LOL) against that Merc, you deserve all the jokes you are getting. It's so funny to think that someone would make this race. It's like all the Civics that try to race my cars, except the Civics are quick sometimes.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:33 AM
cumminspower5.9

Unless you have driven a Hyundai, don't bash it. Funny things is, is that they have the best warranty out right now.
That was years ago, maybe 10 years ago they had the best warranty, today most companies match what they have. If you are going to make a post about racing an ACCENT (LOL) against that Merc, you deserve all the jokes you are getting. It's so funny to think that someone would make this race. It's like all the Civics that try to race my cars, except the Civics are quick sometimes.
Well actually, if you read my first post of the thread, I never did say I WAS going to race him and that I feel my Hyundai would walk all over the Benz. I was just looking to see what you guys thought the outcome would be. And a lot of you said the Benz would most likely beat me.
OK, I accept that. But then came the hate. Way off topic in my opinion. And yes some civics can be fast, but only if tuned right. I for one, will never "tune" the Hyundai, basically because of the stupidity of it. But I bet there are some fast Accents out there. Now I'm not saying you guys are all wrong and that the Hyundai will beat the Benz. I just don't feel it's necessary to start all the jokes implying that I'm a tard for even asking the question. Now I would expect these kind of respones if I was like "I want to make my Hyundai Accentfast to race it. What do I do?"Would you guys do the same to someone if they asked if an HP was faster than a Dell?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:44 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Unless you have driven a Hyundai, don't bash it.
I have driven 2 Hyundais in the past three years including their iLoad which I consider to be an iLoad of crap. I owned a new Hyundai Getz about 6-7 years ago for 12 months, I bought it because it was the cheapest new car I could find and I needed a car quickly. I also drove a 2001 Accent a couple of times that belonged to a friend, zippy maybe but not at all fast. Hyundais are only really good for cheap motoring and if you ask me there are better manufacturers out there that do that, Hyundai might be the cheapest but there are better cars in that price range. If you think your Accent is fast I guess you haven't had the pleasure of driving something that truly is fast.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:29 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Unless you have driven a Hyundai, don't bash it.
I have driven 2 Hyundais in the past three years including their iLoad which I consider to be an iLoad of crap. I owned a new Hyundai Getz about 6-7 years ago for 12 months, I bought it because it was the cheapest new car I could find and I needed a car quickly. I also drove a 2001 Accent a couple of times that belonged to a friend, zippy maybe but not at all fast. Hyundais are only really good for cheap motoring and if you ask me there are better manufacturers out there that do that, Hyundai might be the cheapest but there are better cars in that price range. If you think your Accent is fast I guess you haven't had the pleasure of driving something that truly is fast.
Oh I know there are plenty of cars in this world that will whoop the Accent. I have driven an 05 Mustang 4.0, and a Grand Prix GTP. Quick cars in my opinion. I haven;t had the opportunities to drive the faster cars. But all i'm trying to say is that for what it is, the Accent is a little more peppy than some believe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.