Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Arbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Thanks!
No problem, it's always a pleasure pointing out your ignorance of the big picture.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Arbo

Thanks!
No problem, it's always a pleasure pointing out your ignorance of the big picture.
It's what made you such a great moderator and another great asset for AMA...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:17 AM
phlpsfrnk

and that is not what the AMA wanted on their forum.
By the way please forgive my snippet... But who is this ''AMA'' you refer to??? Manipulating... or portraying as you put it....
crank,
This entire exchange proves to me that someone does not understand the meaning of a civil discussion.

Regards
Frank
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Arbo

It's what made you such a great moderator and another great asset for AMA...
Ah, thanks for the laugh. I see you are finally getting the techniques I tried to teach you long ago. Perhaps there is still hope.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

crank,
This entire exchange proves to me that someone does not understand the meaning of a civil discussion.

Regards
Frank
Ah yes, Mr. Frank, the king of civility!

Of course this discussion is not about being civil, it's about knocking down the stupidity that people like you consistently espouse.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

From the looks of this thread, easy to see why the forum died... wow..
Old 08-23-2012, 07:28 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Radical Departure

From the looks of this thread, easy to see why the forum died... wow..

Yep, Arbo killed AMA's forum and now he is working over RCU's

Old 08-23-2012, 07:31 AM
phlpsfrnk

crank,

Regards
Frank

Of course this discussion is not about being civil, it's about knocking down the stupidity that people like you consistently espouse.
Paul,
I reported your personal attack on FFHuber in the AMA forum and you did nothing and closed the ticket yourself and you don't think that's a problem?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49312.gif
Views:	23
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1794636  
Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Dave Matison

Man, someone should close this thread and save this guy from himself.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Arbo

Paul,
I reported your personal attack on FFHuber in the AMA forum and you did nothing and closed the ticket yourself and you don't think that's a problem?
You report everything as a personal attack. Time to grow some skin.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 AM
littlecrankshaf

crank,

Regards
Frank

Paul,
Frank,

You're just trying to stir up trouble... You know Arbo is fair and balanced... So there's absolutely no problem with him taking action on a ticket about his own post. We all know he is a shinning example of the AMA way! Pushing the agenda...ya know...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Dave Matison

Man, someone should close this thread and save this guy from himself.
I can think of another way out for him...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:48 AM
phlpsfrnk

Paul,
Not sure if that is meant as a compliment or what. I've warned you about using words you don't completely understand. Of course I "espouse" civil discussion, always have. Maybe it's just the syntax you have a problem with. We should probably work on that some.

Regards
Frank
Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 AM
phlpsfrnk

crank,

Regards
Frank

Paul,
Frank,

You're just trying to stir up trouble... You know Arbo is fair and balanced... So there's absolutely no problem with him taking action on a ticket about his own post. We all know he is a shinning example of the AMA way! Pushing the agenda...ya know...
Yeah, that's me, always starting trouble.

Regards
Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 AM
littlecrankshaf

We should probably work on that some.

Regards
Frank
Are we having fun or what??? I know I need to work on it some...err...a lot!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:54 AM
littlecrankshaf

crank,

Regards
Frank

Paul,
Frank,

Yeah, that's me, always starting trouble.

Regards
Yep. just one of the guys...ah... I mean group. LOL
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have consistantly criticized the AMA for its lack of interest in promoting model aviation to the general public, on the AMA forum and anywhere else I could find. I have never been deleated or banned. Why can't I be treated the same as everyone else?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 AM
phlpsfrnk

Regards
Frank
crank,
We seldom agree but yeah, we need to work on that.

Regards
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Jim Thomerson

I have consistantly criticized the AMA for its lack of interest in promoting model aviation to the general public, on the AMA forum and anywhere else I could find. I have never been deleated or banned. Why can't I be treated the same as everyone else?
Because you probably fly control line...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 AM
littlecrankshaf

Regards
Frank
crank,

Regards
Believe it or not, your help would be much appreciated. Your posts seem to be concise and convey your intent well... Mine are often construed into ways I can only imagine how they ever got interpreted as they apparently have... the funny thing is, many years ago English was a strong subject for me... I just got lazy and old I guess.

Sometimes I re-read my own post and don't know what I was talking about...Dang!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Ok, time for me to step in here. I will apologize to the group that I didn't step in yesterday and clear this situation up before it got so far out of hand. I was at a client location yesterday and had no time that I could look at RCU and I simply didn't see this situation brewing, and it was so late when I got home last night that I went to bed without ever logging onto my computer. So this morning was the first I saw of this.
But many of you will notice that posts are missing from this thread. And before ANYBODY wants to complain about it I will tell you that posts from all sides of this argument have been removed, so I'm not removing anything because of who posted it or whatever their viewpoint may have been. Posts removed from this thread are done so simply because they have violated the RCU Community Rules, nothing more. While some may accuse me of having a bias when I moderate the forum here I can tell you in no uncertain terms that is flat out wrong. I don't favor any one side of anything here.
As far as this discussion goes, please discuss this issue without personally attacking each other. It's just that simple. It's possible to discuss this matter without resorting to attacking somebody. I realize that Arbo may feel like he is being attacked here, but that's not the case at all. This IS the AMA forum on RCU. And it IS here to discuss AMA matters. And the AMA forum and how it was operated IS an issue that can be discussed here. When Arbo came in here to discuss this matter he did become part of the issue being discussed. Now with that being said, please discuss he role as a Moderator without resulting to personal attacks against him. If that starts happening then those doing the attacking will face actions from me.
No to answer again what others have accused me of. I don't have any agendas, bias, opinions, friends, croonies, flunkies, groups of trusted members, or anything else that influences how I moderate this forum. Everybody on this forum is treated exactly the same. And actions I take here are done so by the RCU Community Rules. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't moderate and individual because I don't like them, because I'm in a bad mood, because somebody thinks we shouldn't have negative opinions, or any other reason. I moderate when a person breaks the RCU rules. Plain and simple. I would suggest that everybody simple remember this and continue on discussing the issues concerning the AMA and not try to drag me into it. Because that's not going to happen. I've been moderating this forum fairly long before the AMA decided to host a forum, and I will be doing so long after the AMA closes down their forums. I'm not taking sides on any discussion and not getting involved in any petty differences between anybody. Anybody thinking that they can try to involve me in their "little battle" is sorely mistaken.
Ken
Old 08-23-2012, 08:43 AM
phlpsfrnk

Regards
Frank
crank,

Regards
Believe it or not, your help would be much appreciated. Your posts seem to be concise and convey your intent well... Mine are often construed into ways I can only imagine how they ever got interpreted as they apparently have... the funny thing is, many years ago English was a strong subject for me... I just got lazy and old I guess.

Sometimes I re-read my own post and don't know what I was talking about...Dang!
crank,
Don't take this wrong (or maybe you should) but your use of sarcasm often does not play well. I've tried it on occasion but it's never worked well for me.

My experience was just the opposite of yours. Many years ago English was not my best subject. My high school English teacher would roll over in his grave if he knew I was a technical writer for many years writing maintenance manuals for weapons systems and military flight simulators.

I’m sure you and I could sit and have a beer and a civil discussion, doubt we’d agree on much but just saying. Maybe we should join together and campaign to have Jim Thomerson banned from the AMA forum.

Regards
Frank
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

[8D] Thank You Ken !

I know I said I was done with this thread , and as far as Arbo goes , yes , I am done commenting . The 4 pages of this thread say all that's needed to be said from me .

I have been moderated by Ken in the past , and NEVER did it appear agenda driven ! I will speak up for what I believe is Ken's fairness , a "steady hand" as his could most likely have saved the AMA's forum !

I want to give LCS , Stickbuilder , and Frank Phelps huge credit for the decency and understanding they brought to this discussion . I know everyone can't always agree , wouldn't be human nature , but these three especially have championed the cause of letting ALL viewpoints be seen , so long as the viewpoints aren't presented in a rulebreaking way . They realize that the opposing viewpoint isn't , in itself , a violation !

Happy Flying to all , and yes , as AMA members , I believe we have ALL lost out in the collapse of the AMA forum .
Old 08-23-2012, 08:59 AM
littlecrankshaf

Maybe we should join together and campaign to have Jim Thomerson banned from the AMA forum.

Regards
Frank
Yep, you just can't trust them control line flyers... They just go in circles....

Just kidding... I really enjoy his posts...
Old 08-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Arbo

LCS and Pfrank, I sent messages on the AMA forum, and posted in the moderator section, WRT my intentions once I saw the 'official' word go out that the forum was 'done'. That was to not let it 'go out' with a bunch of people getting on there and causing trouble. Nobody said 'no'. And all the AMA employees and officials that check the forum, have read that message frank, all have the ability to 'moderate' anything they do not want there. Take from that whatever you want.

Jim T, you always voiced your complaints and concerns in a civil manner and stayed within the rules. But if you want to be banned, I still can do that, we can give you a day or something just so you can say you were.

RCKen, not to drag you in or anything, but it's kinda funny, you say exactly what I have said, what Muroc has said, what moderators before him (on the AMA forum) have said. The rules are out there, the moderator enforces them without regard to who does the posting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.