Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

best BNF or ARF fly-barless for intermediate

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

best BNF or ARF fly-barless for intermediate

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
goodt05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best BNF or ARF fly-barless for intermediate

Looking for some input on what is the bestBNF or ARFheli that is fly-barless with collective pitch.

Key features to me:

durable
easy to find parts
easy assymble if required
Old 08-27-2012, 04:51 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: best BNF or ARF fly-barless for intermediate

Blade300x super helicopter

Jim
Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Zeta30

I like the Blade mCPX. It is a great beginner to intermediate heli. If you would have asked me a year ago or so I would have told you to stay away from the micro helis but they have really come a long way since then.

I've got helis ranging from the mCPX to a 600 heli and the Blade gets more flight time simply because I can fly it in my front yard. I come home from work, charge the batteries and go the the front yard and fly.

They are extremely durable. I crashed mine about 20 times before having to spend any money on it to fix. The key to this is to fly over grass and to hit the throttle hold as soon as you start to think you're going to crash.

Parts are very easy to find and as long as you can work with very small screws and parts repairs are quite easy.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:24 PM
jetRC

The BLADE 130X would be the best BNF option, because it is bigger than the MCPX, which means it would be much more stable for an intermediate pilot and it would feel more like a 3D heli than than MCPX, because of the shaft driven tail rotor and it is flybarless, so that is the best heli from my point of view.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 AM
308jockey

The Blade 450X is looking pretty good. We've had one a month or so and though I can get no feedback here I've been impressed. My nephew who is way ahead of me when it comes to flying helis, says it's the best Blade he's ever flown. Coming from him that's pretty good as he prefers the Align machines. Still parts should be easily found and Blades generally aren't hard to work on. This one came ready to fly with a D6Xi tx.

Rick H.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
My Feedback: (1)

If you're going Blade, I would recommend the 300 or 450x, because of the AR7200bx receiver/Beastx FBL combo.
It's a nice FBL unit that can be used on any size heli you may try down the road.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:47 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The Blade 300x is a great machine. Comes RTF or BNF with the AR7200bx Rx with a belt drive tail. For a small heli it is very stable and takes the wind very well.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
omnidynmc

I would have to echo the suggestion for the 130x it really is a great small heliand flies pretty close to the large ones. It is one of the few micro sized that have an actual torque tube driven tail.