Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Good parkflyer

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Good parkflyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Stonelore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good parkflyer

Im looking for a good small plane for school yards and church parking lots
Old 08-26-2012, 07:56 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Good parkflyer

I'm guessing you're new to the hobby, so if so, welcome. Having a good plane is only half of being successful in the hobby. The other half is piloting skills. If you can connect with someone local to help you out with at least your first few flights that will go a long way in helping you to have a positive first experience in the hobby. As for planes, the Hobby Zone Champ is a nice small field flyer, but you'd better pick calm days otherwise the wind will toss it around like crazy. For a beginner, I wouldn't suggest flying it in more than 3 mph wind, which most people can't even feel. If you can get to a spot that has a 5-6 acres of open space the Super Cub (also Hobby Zone) can handle light winds. But whatever you get, do get with an experienced pilot to show you some basics so you don't break things unnecessarily.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Stonelore

Im new to a point i started this year. i have a few planes including an Avaistar. i just want something to throw in the can and go to an empty parkinglot now and than
Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Indy Park Flyer

I would suggest either a hobbyzone champ, or a parkzone T-28. Either plane comes with everything you need in one fairly small box that doubles as the carrying case for the plane and TX. If you get the RTF version, the TX can be used with other parkzone and hobbyzone planes. If you already have a spectrum TX, then you can go BNF and save some money. Both are easy to fly. The Champ is 3 channel with rudder for turning and the T-28 is 4 channel with ailerons.
Indy Park flyer
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Since you have some flying experience I'd definitely say go with either the T-28 or the Eflite Mini Ultra Stick. The stick is a bit bigger, but it can take off in very short distances and handles wind extremely well.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This year I got one of the Aeroworks Extra 260s and Wow!! If you can fly a high performance plane it is outstanding. A bit over priced at 85 bucks but a super little plane!!! This is not a foam plane, it is a stick built, a very light stick built! It's designed as a 3-D trainer. WARNING!! The CG shown is way off. There are 6 of us at my field flying this plane and if you CG to the shown spot on the plans it is way too tail heavy and you will crash it!! We all had to move the CG forward even with it being CGed just past the forward mark shown!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

T-28 is a good flyer, I think you will enjoy it.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM
MercerAUST

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The T-28 is a decent park flyer and does need a bit of space (say at least 50m clear in all directions) for a competent flyer, and twice this if you are starting off. You also need enough space to be able to point it into the wind for take-off and landing. A school full size oval would probably be OK, but perhaps not a church parking lot (unless it is a huge congregation). A RTF mini ultra stik - or similar - might be good if you have space constraints.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 AM
davo580

go the t28 trojan