Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 AM
phlpsfrnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Good, Bad, Don't care? In any case this is from the minutes of the AMA July EC meeting:

AMA On-line Forum
The ED reported the forum was created some time in 2009. It has almost 2700 members and out of that, 2350 have made one post or less; and 90% of those posts come from 10 members. The proposal is to close the AMA forum; it is believed this can be done now because the blog system is now up and running. The blog system is a quicker way to get better information to our members; and eliminates the potential for conversations to get dragged off track. HQ continues to refine the ticket system (Ask AMA) where someone can ask a question and get an answer within 48 hours by a staff person; and creating the knowledge base mentioned earlier that will supplement the Ask AMA system on-line.
Brad
Brad,
Something has been bothering me about the numbers posted. The forum lists 2628 members and that is close enough to the almost 2700 number presented to the EC however that does not represent forum users. If I’m not mistaken that number represents the number of people that have a log-in to the official AMA Website. They do not all necessarily know that the AMA forum even exists. The link to it is not exactly a stand out feature of the main AMA Web page.

“2350 have made one post or less†At first I thought this was a typo but if not it is a gross misrepresentation of the numbers. The member list shows 427 members with one post or more which leaves 2201 members that either did not post or was not aware of the forum.

“90% of those posts come from 10 members.†Not sure where we should set the bar here so let me just throw out some numbers;

> 10 posts = 85
> 30 posts = 44
> 50 posts = 38
> 100 posts = 25
> 500 posts = 11
> 1000 posts = 2
> 2000 posts = 1

If we average the number of post with the number of actual posters we get an average about 30 posts. Look at the numbers and we have 44 that hit the average but even that number is skewed because many of those are administrators or moderators of the forum and should we even count them as users.

What was presented to the EC just doesn’t add up.

Regards
Frank
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM
JUGFLIER

Regards
Frank

And that suprises you?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

Good, Bad, Don't care? In any case this is from the minutes of the AMA July EC meeting:

AMA On-line Forum
The ED reported the forum was created some time in 2009. It has almost 2700 members and out of that, 2350 have made one post or less; and 90% of those posts come from 10 members. The proposal is to close the AMA forum; it is believed this can be done now because the blog system is now up and running. The blog system is a quicker way to get better information to our members; and eliminates the potential for conversations to get dragged off track. HQ continues to refine the ticket system (Ask AMA) where someone can ask a question and get an answer within 48 hours by a staff person; and creating the knowledge base mentioned earlier that will supplement the Ask AMA system on-line.
Brad
Brad,
Something has been bothering me about the numbers posted. The forum lists 2628 members and that is close enough to the almost 2700 number presented to the EC however that does not represent forum users. If I’m not mistaken that number represents the number of people that have a log-in to the official AMA Website. They do not all necessarily know that the AMA forum even exists. The link to it is not exactly a stand out feature of the main AMA Web page.

“2350 have made one post or less” At first I thought this was a typo but if not it is a gross misrepresentation of the numbers. The member list shows 427 members with one post or more which leaves 2201 members that either did not post or was not aware of the forum.

“90% of those posts come from 10 members.” Not sure where we should set the bar here so let me just throw out some numbers;

> 10 posts = 85
> 30 posts = 44
> 50 posts = 38
> 100 posts = 25
> 500 posts = 11
> 1000 posts = 2
> 2000 posts = 1

If we average the number of post with the number of actual posters we get an average about 30 posts. Look at the numbers and we have 44 that hit the average but even that number is skewed because many of those are administrators or moderators of the forum and should we even count them as users.

Regards
Frank
Well as the "ED" is the same guy that was the "AMAPresident" at the time the forum was created, the guy that wrote the "New Forum Guidelines"and the guy that named Arbo as moderator, how could we expect that the numbers add up.

Hey Arbo I just noticed that every new moderator but you had a nice welcome post from Dave on the forum?

Brad
Old 08-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Arbo

Hey Arbo I just noticed that every new moderator but you had a nice welcome post from Dave on the forum?
Just because it's not where you can see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Though I wonder how much time you spent looking for something like that to try and make a mountain out of.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: Arbo

Just because it's not where you can see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Though I wonder how much time you spent looking for something like that to try and make a mountain out of.

About 10 seconds...... I was looking up the Dave M post on "New Forum Guidelines" and saw two other threads in the section welcoming "New Moderators".
Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

About 10 seconds...... I was looking up the Dave M post on ''New Forum Guidelines'' and saw two other threads in the section welcoming ''New Moderators''.
Hmmm... maybe Arbo was Dave's red headed step child...LOL
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Ok Arbo,

What you don't understand is that I understand you got caught up in the crossfire. That crossfire is inevitable in situations where divisiveness is a constant. That divisiveness was a simple proposition of AMA's (who ever that is) intent to utilize a discussion forum for the main purpose to project a positive image of itself... It was destined to fail from the beginning...doesn't take genius to see that!!! Can you say ''conflict of interest''???

You were just a pawn in the endeavor.
It appears that you still do not see the big picture.
Your probably right...What is the big picture??? Maybe the AMA thought the model aviation community needed a forum to discuss stuff...Oh wait there were already a few...Hmmm...drawing a blank...maybe you can fill it in...
Old 08-30-2012, 02:53 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

Regards
Frank

And that suprises you?
Not really, just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Regards
Frank
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 AM
littlecrankshaf

I just took it as an off the cuff type response... Just a way to justify the action. We all know the real reasons...
Old 08-30-2012, 07:39 AM
ctrout

Guys, they are calling it a day, might as well do the same.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: ctrout
Who are "they"?

Regards
Frank
Old 08-30-2012, 08:44 AM
littlecrankshaf

Who are ''they''?

Regards
Frank
Maybe he means "his gang"...
Old 08-30-2012, 09:14 AM
phlpsfrnk

Who are ''they''?

Regards
Frank
Maybe he means ''his gang''...
Of course, what was I thinking; I should have recognized the conspiracy code speak.

Regards
Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 AM
littlecrankshaf

Of course, what was I thinking; I should have recognized the conspiracy code speak.

Regards
Glad to have cleared that up
Old 09-04-2012, 08:44 PM
kochj

I have got to say.....
I really Feel for the moderator.....
In all this nonsense.... I can take this from this posts "There are some REAL Cookies..... on this one"

I think the conspiracy is that the mentals, are out walking around in the public, and they are able to put on a face of normality, and they have everyone
to believe they are SANE persons!..... But when they are able to hide from public eye, and post what they are REALLY thinking …..
The conspiracy shocker is, that I thought this was ONLY with FEMALES
This completely throws me for a loop!..
Old 09-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ladyflyer

Looks like the moderating standards were ARBO-trary .

Yeah, that's what has been repeated. Doesn't matter that it isn't true.

Isn't true ? What isn't true ? The" arbotrary" part ? The fact is , it certainly appears arbitray to many of us . That part is in fact TRUE .
Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Arbo

Isn't true ? What isn't true ? The" arbotrary" part ? The fact is , it certainly appears arbitray to many of us . That part is in fact TRUE .
The haters are going to hate, no matter the reality of the situation.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 AM
littlecrankshaf

Isn't true ? What isn't true ? The'' arbotrary'' part ? The fact is , it certainly appears arbitray to many of us . That part is in fact TRUE .
The haters are going to hate, no matter the reality of the situation.

Dang Arbo,

I thought you may have heeded the advice of one of your good friends and decided to let this thread go... I am very disappointed to see you come back in here and cast aspersions of "haters" again... Same song...different day!

Can't you see that is the actual problem???
Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Arbo

Dang Arbo,

I thought you may have heeded the advice of one of your good friends and decided to let this thread go... I am very disappointed to see you come back in here and cast aspersions of "haters" again... Same song...different day!

I understand your see a problem that does not exist. But stating the truth of the situtation about haters is nothing more than stating the truth. The history of the same people putting forth the same slander is all over the net for people to see.
They can not hide the history of their behavior.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 PM
littlecrankshaf

Dang Arbo,

I thought you may have heeded the advice of one of your good friends and decided to let this thread go... I am very disappointed to see you come back in here and cast aspersions of ''haters'' again... Same song...different day!

I understand your see a problem that does not exist. But stating the truth of the situtation about haters is nothing more than stating the truth. The history of the same people putting forth the same slander is all over the net for people to see.

Well since you have it all figured out...who's the haters and what is it they hate???
Old 09-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Arbo

Well since you have it all figured out...who's the haters and what is it they hate???
Sorry, I'm not a teacher. Have a great night.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 PM
littlecrankshaf

Sorry, I'm not a teacher. Have a great night.

Nothing to learn from you...OK...Just keep talking tho...
Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 AM
phlpsfrnk

Dang Arbo,

I thought you may have heeded the advice of one of your good friends and decided to let this thread go... I am very disappointed to see you come back in here and cast aspersions of ''haters'' again... Same song...different day!

crank,
[:@]He and his ilk that hate anyone that disagrees or calls them out on their actions.

Regards
Frank
Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Arbo

crank,
[:@]He and his ilk that hate anyone that disagrees or calls them out on their actions.

Regards
Frank
I irony of this statement, from this person, makes for a great morning belly laugh. I hope others read and see it as well, as a great big belly laugh is a great way to start the morning.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 AM
phlpsfrnk

crank,

Regards
Frank
I irony of this statement, from this person, makes for a great morning belly laugh. I hope others read and see it as well, as a great big belly laugh is a great way to start the morning.

You want irony? Remember;

Unwanted PMs

How does one stop or report unwanted PMs?

The thread topic on AMA forum help that you deleted without notice. What rules did that one break?

Regards
Frank

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.