Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Downloading AirWare on a Mac

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Landshark67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downloading AirWare on a Mac

Hello everyone, I am trying to download the latest AirWare update for my new DX7S on a Mac and keep getting the message "There is no application set to open the document "spmtx.sax"".

I just recently switched from PC to Mac so it might just be something simple since I'm still learning the Mac. I have tried to download on both Macbook Pro and Macbook Air.

Thanks for any help.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Aerocal

Default RE: Downloading AirWare on a Mac

I dont have/use a Mac but from what I understand it is similar to a PC in how downloads work.It makes it easier if you create a file you can easily find.Maybe one called Downloads on the desktop.Then when you open Safari go to Preferences.Then there are tabs.IIRC it is the one called General.There is something abut where to save files to.Make it save files to your Download folder instead of just auto running them with whatever program it thinks will open the file.Then you can move the .sax file from there to the SD card.

I believe that is basically how it should work.You have to tell the browser to save it instead of just trying to open it.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Landshark67

Thanks for the info but still no luck.  I will just call Horizon or Apple.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I've seen others have trouble with PCs and Macs downloading files, and I know there are Support people that can help you.

I'd try our (Horizon) support first.

Andy
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Landshark67

The problem was that I was just having a dumbass attack.  I didn't need to OPEN  the file to begin with.  I rethought the whole thing and realized that all i needed to do was drag the file over to the SD card.  I did just that and it worked perfectly.  The DX7s has successfully been updated.

Thanks for trying to help!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Aerocal

Dont feel alone.I have a fair share of those moments myself.I guess I should remember to remind that all you have to do is get it on the card,stuff it in the radio and turn it on.
Glad you got it sorted.