Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Bad Esc

Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 AM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Esc

I recently bought an EZ RUN S10 ESC off of e bay new and sealed in the box. I put it in my slash hooked it up to my vxl motor and FM radio and receiver and it ran fine. Recently I upgraded to the traxxas TQ 2.4 ghz radio and receiver (not the TQI) and now I'm having problems. It will just take off at full throttle with no warning or input from me on the radio. It will also act irratic and go and stop, once again with no input from me on the radio. At first I thought it was the radio, so I re-connected the old FM radio and receiver to it and got the same result. So, my question is do I have a faulty esc or is there something I'm missing in the programming? When I say "programming" I mean via the set key, or button. I do not have a programming box. If there is something I'm missing can someone give me step by step instructions to resolve this? I've also contacted hobbywing about it and am waiting to hear back, but I thought maybe someone on here could give me a faster reply. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:56 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Bad Esc

Would you please plug a servo into the throttle channel and see if it too goes crazy? This would point the finger at the radio being the trouble. I'm guessing that the radio is fine and the servo will do exactly as you tell it to do with throttle movements thus putting the blame on the esc. I'd go thru set-up esc if that's the trouble before calling the esc "bad"
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

I did what you said and the servo worked fine, as I suspected since I ruled out the 2.4 tx/rx system being the problem when I connected the old FM tx/rx system after I started having problems. I'm not saying that I have a bad esc, I'm asking if I have a bad esc or if I've missed something in the programming.
ORIGINAL: guver

Would you please plug a servo into the throttle channel and see if it too goes crazy? This would point the finger at the radio being the trouble. I'm guessing that the radio is fine and the servo will do exactly as you tell it to do with throttle movements thus putting the blame on the esc. I'd go thru set-up esc if that's the trouble before calling the esc ''bad''
Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Id try re-calibrating the ESC to your radio.

Im sure you did this when you switched to the 2.4 radio, but maybe you got the order wrong or it just didnt take.

manual link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...VlYFthab9zbLJQ